Page 411 of 435 FirstFirst ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 ... LastLast
Results 10,251 to 10,275 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Got word my x-bolt will be shipping 4/25. Ordered a 20moa pic rail with bubble installed, now, debating what rings to get. I can't really make heads or tails of the options out there, I know I want them to be fairly light, and no stress on alignment. 30mm tube 3-15x42mm Razor LHT going on there. What I'd really like is someone to just say "buy these" with a link and I'd be on my way. Lots of opinions, etc. Looking at mid height as my buddy may have a set of lows he will sell me with the scope, that way I can maximize fit.
    Look into bedding your rail if you're not familiar with it.

I too have used the Burris rings, I like 'em. Bombproof.

Looking at mid height as my buddy may have a set of lows he will sell me with the scope, that way I can maximize fit.
    I'm not sure I understand this part. You will have a low set and a mid set?

I will have two sets most likely, the rifle has an adjustable cheek weld as well, so I was thinking I'd get mediums and lows to figure out what was the most comfortable on the gun with the 20MOA rail.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I will have two sets most likely, the rifle has an adjustable cheek weld as well, so I was thinking I'd get mediums and lows to figure out what was the most comfortable on the gun with the 20MOA rail.
    Ah, I see. I'd probably just start with the lows then, I bet that's where you end up. But I don't use an adjustable cheek piece so I could be wrong.

I'd try his lows before buying anything. If the bell clears, run with those.

Thanks guys. This is my first real nice rifle, and I tend to go off the deep end and get super confused and spending more than I need.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

For sure. I spent more than I needed to setting up my first nicer rifle. That rifle/scope combo is going to be sweet. What caliber?

7mm rem mag. Debating going with a javelin bipod, but should probably spend that $ on ammo instead.

More newb questions. Loctite or not on scope mount, rings, etc…? If so, what color? Blue? If not, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Hey, I'm selling a scope I was going to put on a rifle. Might not fit what you're looking for and might stretch your budget but would be a cool setup on your Tikka. I've got a Zeiss Conquest V4 6x24x50, Vortex Pro Series 30 mm rings, and a Mountain Tactical 0 moa rail for Tikka T3s. None have been used yet other than setting up.

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-pro-...0mm-rings.html

https://tikkaperformance.com/product...icatinny-rail/

https://www.sportoptics.com/zeiss-co...19993-080.html

$800 shipped.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Sending you a PM!

Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    More newb questions. Loctite or not on scope mount, rings, etc…? If so, what color? Blue? If not, cool.
    What rifle, mount and rings?

For the setup conundrum mentioned above (if he didn’t sell it already) and also for this to go on a ruger 10/22 backpacker/takedown

https://imgur.com/gallery/ltjlUss

Picked up a g21 SF police trade in. Thing looks mint and all but unfired. Best 350 spent in a long time

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

For the setup conundrum mentioned above (if he didn’t sell it already) and also for this to go on a ruger 10/22 backpacker/takedown

https://imgur.com/gallery/ltjlUss
    Yes to blue loctite on mount screws, ring screws dry but torqued to spec.

Still struggling to decide on optics for an HK MR762. Looking for a low/medium power red dot type scope, lots of stuff for 5.56 but not as much for the 7.62.

I keep looking at the Trijicon VCOG, but it isn't really a plug and play scope especially for the 7.62. Have to learn stuff and remember to use it.

Friend with Homeland Security says they used the Elcan SpecterDR 1.5x/6x on the SCAR-H's, but went away from it over the issues getting them serviced in Canada. Says it is stupid simple. It is not multi magnification, but an either/or.

Vortex has the new FFP Strike Eagle. Steiner has a new unit, only $3,200.

Maybe a nice $200 Bushnell from Bass Pro. You know, the ones hanging in the aisle in the plastic packages.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Why not an Acog?

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    Why not an Acog?
    Well, I would like the option of going 1x or thereabouts up to 6-8x. ACOGs are fixed. I have had a couple, and do like them, but not sure about this application.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

FWIW I use blue on all of the above. I've never had one come loose and never broke a screw afterwards, either. Just a literal drop on each screw, carefully wipe off excess, especially underneath.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Still struggling to decide on optics for an HK MR762. Looking for a low/medium power red dot type scope, lots of stuff for 5.56 but not as much for the 7.62.

I keep looking at the Trijicon VCOG, but it isn't really a plug and play scope especially for the 7.62. Have to learn stuff and remember to use it.

Friend with Homeland Security says they used the Elcan SpecterDR 1.5x/6x on the SCAR-H's, but went away from it over the issues getting them serviced in Canada. Says it is stupid simple. It is not multi magnification, but an either/or.

Vortex has the new FFP Strike Eagle. Steiner has a new unit, only $3,200.

Maybe a nice $200 Bushnell from Bass Pro. You know, the ones hanging in the aisle in the plastic packages.

https://www.swarovskioptik.com/us/en...1-6x24/5006196

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    FWIW I use blue on all of the above. I've never had one come loose and never broke a screw afterwards, either. Just a literal drop on each screw, carefully wipe off excess, especially underneath.
    Same here. Also make sure you clean the screws and threads with brake cleaner prior. They typically have cutting oil still on them.

I also picked a couple of screws and added witness marks with nail polish so I could see if anything moved.

7mm rem mag. Debating going with a javelin bipod, but should probably spend that $ on ammo instead.

The closer the optic to the bore the less issues with zero changing over range, I mean it still changes, but smaller easier to calculate adjustments.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Well, I would like the option of going 1x or thereabouts up to 6-8x. ACOGs are fixed. I have had a couple, and do like them, but not sure about this application.
    The 5x vortex spitfire, with a 1x viper red dot mounted on top is pretty fucking awesome. Lighter than anything else out there at all comparable, $700 ish for the combo. Built in mounts so no worries about leveling in rings. Pretty clear optics on both. Only limitation is the reticle on the spitfire probably doesnt have much elevation range in vertical holdovers, but probably enough to go from a 200 yard zero to 8 or so for 308 would be my complete wild guess.

I've only used the combo on my SW MP22 pistol brace thingy so haven't even figured out the holdovers for 556 which it was designed but I love it.

I read somewhere you can use a 2x mag with it but I think thats bullshit its a prism scope, thats bullshit right?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Hummmm. No yardage markers. But I do like Swarovski.

I run a VCOG on really heavy 223 Noveske. I got it in a trade and was really surprised with how much I liked it.

I liked it better than some of the Nightforce scopes I've had (cheap ones for them) which is still pretty nice stuff.

Yeah, I'm leaning heavily that way. Especially with a military/LEO 50% off discount. And I can get intel from my friend on how it works.