Page 340 of 343 FirstFirst ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 8570

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

  1. #8476
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    14,867
    Good luck MTT!
    watch out for snakes

  2. #8477
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Way East Tennessee
    Posts
    3,398
    When I shot IDPA, lots of dry mag change practice. Over and over and over.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

  3. #8478
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,149
    Question:. Friend came over tonight with suppressed 6.5CM and frustrating results. Long story short, he was shooting 11" higher suppressed at 500 yards than with no suppressor or brake. I chronoed his gun and found it to shoot faster with the can. I always thought cans slowed down bullets but I don't own one and am not at all versed in them.

    Here's where it gets weird...at 100 yards, his POI is 4" LOWER with the can. WTF is happening?

  4. #8479
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    6,963
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Question:. Friend came over tonight with suppressed 6.5CM and frustrating results. Long story short, he was shooting 11" higher suppressed at 500 yards than with no suppressor or brake. I chronoed his gun and found it to shoot faster with the can. I always thought cans slowed down bullets but I don't own one and am not at all versed in them.

    Here's where it gets weird...at 100 yards, his POI is 4" LOWER with the can. WTF is happening?
    I donít run one but know guys that do and have heard that it will typically increase accuracy slightly and some times change poi a little. What your buddy is experiencing is quite bizarre.
    Is the gun grouping? Most people I know keep the thing on at all times due to it changing poi.
    Maybe run this question on rokslide, snipershide etc. Or google with those forums in the search. I searched a bit and came up empty with your particular issue.

  5. #8480
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,149
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I donít run one but know guys that do and have heard that it will typically increase accuracy slightly and some times change poi a little. What your buddy is experiencing is quite bizarre.
    Is the gun grouping? Most people I know keep the thing on at all times due to it changing poi.
    Maybe run this question on rokslide, snipershide etc. Or google with those forums in the search. I searched a bit and came up empty with your particular issue.
    Yeah, about .75 moa. It's very odd.

  6. #8481
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    37ft above the hood
    Posts
    16,310
    Who wants to try their skills in a real life showdown ?
    Zone Controller

    "He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

    "DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

  7. #8482
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,149
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Who wants to try their skills in a real life showdown ?
    I do it every October in the Rocky Mountains. If I'm lucky, said showdown is usually grueling, exhausting and very uncomfortable but it yields enough organic meat to feed my family for most of the year.

  8. #8483
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    14,867
    Could be baffle strikes, is the barrel concentric and rated to use a suppressor?

    The can will change the harmonics of any barrel it is mounted to. Similar to what the Winchester BOSS system did only that system was fine tune able.
    Last edited by SB; 09-12-2019 at 07:16 AM.
    watch out for snakes

  9. #8484
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wish I knew?
    Posts
    2,625
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Yeah, about .75 moa. It's very odd.
    It's not odd at all. At 100 meters the weight of the can is lowering his POI but at 500 meters the extra velocity is making up for the lowering POI. I talked to a suppressor maker about the increase in accuracy and he said that a can doesn't do that. His theory is that reduction in noise and recoil is what helps with an increase in accuracy.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

  10. #8485
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Bozone
    Posts
    468
    Barrel harmonics - any time you hang a weight on the end of you barrel it's going to change POI.
    Increased velocity - my first answer is chrony's are weird. Changing light, barrel blast, rotation of the earth, etc. can change readings unless you're running a top of the line oehler, but the dope always proves the pudding. In this case the can is probably acting like a longer barrel and giving more velocity.

  11. #8486
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    8,633
    So now that Iíve jacked my hearing a bit, Iím looking for a suppressor for my g19ís.

    No, Iím not a secret assassin, I want to protect my ears, and the ears of people around me.

    Any reccoís? Average cost for the stamp silencer?

  12. #8487
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gates of Hell
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    So now that I’ve jacked my hearing a bit, I’m looking for a suppressor for my g19’s.

    No, I’m not a secret assassin, I want to protect my ears, and the ears of people around me.

    Any recco’s? Average cost for the stamp silencer?
    I have a silencerco omega 9k on my beretta 92f and it's the cats meow. Tax stamp is $200 and will take a few months to process. If you've never done the ATF bullshit before, I'd recommend going thru silencershop as they have the process down pat.
    Going where the wind don't blow so strange
    Maybe on some high cold mountain range

  13. #8488
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    14,867
    oil filters
    watch out for snakes

  14. #8489
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gates of Hell
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    oil filters
    Ordering a solvent trap adapter from amazon is probably not the smartest move though.
    Going where the wind don't blow so strange
    Maybe on some high cold mountain range

  15. #8490
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,292
    Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Ordering a solvent trap adapter from amazon is probably not the smartest move though.
    Boy howdy!

  16. #8491
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, MA/Jackson, WY
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    So now that Iíve jacked my hearing a bit, Iím looking for a suppressor for my g19ís.

    No, Iím not a secret assassin, I want to protect my ears, and the ears of people around me.

    Any reccoís? Average cost for the stamp silencer?
    Silencershop is the place to start. They make the form 4 process easy. I'd recommend having a local lawyer draw up a trust to hold the suppressor as well as any future NFA purchases. Approval times are currently running about 9 months for individuals and 11 months for trusts, but those numbers will be totally different by the time you're looking at approval. You could also do an eForm-1 and build a suppressor yourself from a kit (or a solvent trap). That'll take about 6 weeks for approval (conservative), but still carries the $200 fee (tax).

    You'll want more suppressors after the first one. Most people recommend you do a 22, a 45 pistol, and a 30 center fire can, as those will cover most anything you'd want to shoot. I find I use my 22 can the most, and not by an insignificant margin.

  17. #8492
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by mangle View Post
    Silencershop is the place to start. They make the form 4 process easy. I'd recommend having a local lawyer draw up a trust to hold the suppressor as well as any future NFA purchases. Approval times are currently running about 9 months for individuals and 11 months for trusts, but those numbers will be totally different by the time you're looking at approval. You could also do an eForm-1 and build a suppressor yourself from a kit (or a solvent trap). That'll take about 6 weeks for approval (conservative), but still carries the $200 fee (tax).

    You'll want more suppressors after the first one. Most people recommend you do a 22, a 45 pistol, and a 30 center fire can, as those will cover most anything you'd want to shoot. I find I use my 22 can the most, and not by an insignificant margin.
    Do the 22 if you only do one. If 2 then add a 9, then a 223, then a 30 then a 45.

    Spend money on the can over the gun. HK's are loud, berrettas, glocks and sig all seem to work well. BHP's and hk p7's are a pain.

    My fav 9 is the trident 9. It's full auto rated, has the thread tri lug option and has been great.


    I've only had baffle strikes using this mount... because they suck.
    https://www.advanced-armament.com/Bl...ake_p_498.html








    Please support a local shop, they know the code, want to help you and could use the business.

  18. #8493
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,334
    What's the paperwork process for potato suppressors?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  19. #8494
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Question:. Friend came over tonight with suppressed 6.5CM and frustrating results. Long story short, he was shooting 11" higher suppressed at 500 yards than with no suppressor or brake. I chronoed his gun and found it to shoot faster with the can. I always thought cans slowed down bullets but I don't own one and am not at all versed in them.

    Here's where it gets weird...at 100 yards, his POI is 4" LOWER with the can. WTF is happening?
    I'm no long gunner expert, but have some experience with cans. I've found that they affect the POI differently for every gun. Some high, some low. We fit 32 Daniel Defense Mk18's with Silencer Co Saker K's and the POI moved everywhere, and on a couple of the guns it didn't change at all. Didn't notice any change in accuracy, but these were 10.2" bbl guns so really long distance accuracy wasn't part of our testing.
    I may have an answer for your 100 yd - 500 yd question. Is it shooting low at 100 because the gun is dialed for 500 and the bullet is still climbing at 100? Not sure if this is what's happening, but I've had it happen to me when I had a long gun. If the gun was dialed for 500 yds, we held high at 100. Of course this is all dependent on caliber, bbl length, bullet weight, etc. Hope this helps.

  20. #8495
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    7,908
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Good luck MTT!
    Thanks, I did not do well tonight. And today I bent a part in my loader - Had to drop 100 bucks on ammo to shoot.

    I enjoyed myself and I really like the people. Funny when your'e hanging around a large group of heavily armed people. Everyone is just so nice. I don't think I can see my scores on Practiscore until tomorrow.

    One of those days, doing a mag change and mag falls to the ground. Pull another mag pull trigger - Not charged - Jack the slide - And your like here was I? WTF did I shoot what am I shooting at?

    Still an awesome time. The level of Stress when you put your feet on the XX and wait for the Beep. - So you can quick draw and shoot real fast, and stick to a plan. AS everyone watches.

    It aint a video game
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  21. #8496
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,248
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Funny when your'e hanging around a large group of heavily armed people. Everyone is just so nice. I don't think I can see my scores on Practiscore until tomorrow.

    One of those days, doing a mag change and mag falls to the ground. Pull another mag pull trigger - Not charged - Jack the slide - And your like here was I? WTF did I shoot what am I shooting at?

    Still an awesome time. The level of Stress when you put your feet on the XX and wait for the Beep. - So you can quick draw and shoot real fast, and stick to a plan. AS everyone watches.

    It aint a video game
    Sounds like it's the same as a bad round of golf. Like minded people are nice to hang around with and maybe have a beer. Even each one is armed with 14 clubs.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  22. #8497
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    3,483
    Iíll be having a Garand time
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0671.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	280.6 KB 
ID:	293973
    ďI have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.Ē

  23. #8498
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,149
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Thanks, I did not do well tonight. And today I bent a part in my loader - Had to drop 100 bucks on ammo to shoot.

    I enjoyed myself and I really like the people. Funny when your'e hanging around a large group of heavily armed people. Everyone is just so nice. I don't think I can see my scores on Practiscore until tomorrow.

    One of those days, doing a mag change and mag falls to the ground. Pull another mag pull trigger - Not charged - Jack the slide - And your like here was I? WTF did I shoot what am I shooting at?

    Still an awesome time. The level of Stress when you put your feet on the XX and wait for the Beep. - So you can quick draw and shoot real fast, and stick to a plan. AS everyone watches.

    It aint a video game
    Did a few comps a few years ago, simply to learn and gain the practice. Only thing I know for sure was that I did best when I shut everyone out, moved at my own pace and concentrated on accuracy without a ton of regard to speed. My scores were way better than when I tried to kick ass.

    I found the peeps to be nice and helpful. One jackass that I happen to know (he's a short range weapons trainer, believe it or not) had an accidental discharge right as his round ended, was DQed, and threw a class five fit even though it was blatantly a DQ. Shit got tense and uncomfortable. I did not enjoy that.

  24. #8499
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    7,908
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Did a few comps a few years ago, simply to learn and gain the practice. Only thing I know for sure was that I did best when I shut everyone out, moved at my own pace and concentrated on accuracy without a ton of regard to speed. My scores were way better than when I tried to kick ass.

    I found the peeps to be nice and helpful. One jackass that I happen to know (he's a short range weapons trainer, believe it or not) had an accidental discharge right as his round ended, was DQed, and threw a class five fit even though it was blatantly a DQ. Shit got tense and uncomfortable. I did not enjoy that.
    Interesting, I have seen that twice, The accidental discharge. And they guys kinda walked out red faced, Everyone regardless

    of level has a bad stage or a bad day, but you know way down deep. Time to be a man and eat some humble pie.

    As you know it's fun, very hard, and we all ladies and men kinda lay it all out there. I think it's why I like it so much.

    We even feel for our competitors when it goes sideways, watching a man stand there on the line and empty a magazine trying to hit one metal target, when he usually does 6 of them in 4 seconds - what a thing.

    I'm addicted.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  25. #8500
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    7,908
    [QUOTE=Thad an accidental discharge right as his round ended, was DQed, and threw a class five fit even though it was blatantly a DQ. Shit got tense and uncomfortable. I did not enjoy that.[/QUOTE]

    The Range officers have been emphasizing that allot of late. Too many try to be slick and holster real fast. The time end after your last shot.!! Time to relax, decompress and listen. Nice and slow.. Listen to the range officer., Remove the mag. Put in your pocket Pull back the slide to eject the round. Hold it back - Show the man the empty chamber . When he says I see it. drop slibe drop hammer .. holster. I mean fuck Your all friken JACKED UP from running around shooting at multiple things sometimes 3 rounds a second!!

    Anyway, It's very very mental,
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Similar Threads

  1. Brand New P-tex guns
    By blizzboy283 in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 08:06 AM
  2. Salomon Guns
    By shocker in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 10:09 PM
  3. Sizing for Seth Pistols vs. 1080 Guns
    By eschind in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 08:24 PM
  4. WTB B4, guns, or similar
    By mtaylor in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
  5. WTB - Salomon Teneighty Guns 175cm
    By eschind in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 09:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •