Page 355 of 435 FirstFirst ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,875 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Unit 51 is east of the park and west of Cody. For non-residents, you cannot hunt the wilderness area without a guide, however, there is plenty of woods still to hunt. I believe this is the unit Uptain was attacked in and this spring, someone shed hunting was attacked in one of the drainages we will be hunting. It is legit grizz country.

Bear spray is extremely light and easy to carry, so no reason not to have it. A pistol in this type of area, when many many miles back has a lot of use when you are bow hunting. My hunting partner will also be carrying spray and a 10MM.

What do you do after your bear spray is gone? What if you fall on it and break something, or what if a lion stalks you? I don't typically carry a gun during archery in Colorado or New Mexico, but this unit is a bit different and I see no reason not to have both (other then weight).
    Fair enough! And yes, it is most definitely legit grizz country!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

History Day!!!!

The cz p01 compact makes a nice gun. The OD greens go for more money $650, this one just sold. The black ones go $350-550. As they stopped making them, they should go up in price. I think the green ones will go up in value more.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/870117488

Name:  od cz.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  40.0 KB

Season 2 of X files 1994ish. The flashlight/pistol grip was in almost every episode it seemed. It also involved a girl in a trench coat yelling in the dark "Mulder?" for the first half of the episode, followed by a guy in a trench coat yelling in the dark "Scully?" for the second half of the episode.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flashlight.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	337.2 KB 
ID:	330413

The megastar 10mm the first commercially available gun to be able to use 10mm full power loads without blowing up. I have 3 for some reason. They are heavy and the grips are huge.

Name:	megastar.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	181.2 KB 
ID:	330414

Little discourse on the 10mm offerings.

The Bren Ten (1983-86) came long before the MegaStar (1992). Although the Bren Ten had some flaws that were mostly magazine related, blowing up wasn't one of them. The Bren Tens, only 1,500 made, are now highly collectible, made popular by Sonny Crockett of Miami Vice fame. One on Gunchoker at the moment with bidding at $2,900. Prime examples push nearly $5,000.

MegaStar was made by the Star company out of Spain who made pistols from 1905 until 1997. Lots used in WWII.

Colt made the Delta Elite based off the 1911 frame. Full power ammunition was not to its frame's liking.

Smith & Wesson then had the 10 series guns, and many of those made their way into the hands of law enforcement back in the 1980's. I have a 1076 that is a great shooter, but a handful compared to a 9mm. Again, although the guns/cartridge carried a lot of power, many LEO's could not simply handle the recoil which caused performance and accuracy issues.

I think S&W is now making a revolver in 10mm.

The 10mm issues gave birth to the 10mm short, which became known as the .40 S&W.

One of my wishful projects is a 2011 frame built into 10mm. STI offered the Perfect Ten, but it was on a 1911 frame. Several others now offer a 10mm based on the 1911 frame, Dan Wesson, Springfield, and Colt is now offering the Delta Elite again.

And Glock offers the G20, which, of course, is dishwasher safe!

Here is an Infinity 10mm for a mere $5,000

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/869270470
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Cool history on the 10MM. I looked at the Glock, M&P, and Sig 10MMs. The Sig is a sweet gun, but at $1K more and insanely heavy, no thanks. This particular gun is a woods gun for in the truck when camping and when hunting in grizzly country. I wanted something I didn't care about if it gets rained on and not oiled for a couple days because I am in a bivy or something.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I'm not a Glock fan personally. I shoot them well but I have to adjust the sight picture because of muscle memory. They usually always go bang. And tons of support for them throughout the industry.

Just remember the argument about the unsupported chamber in the Glock barrels, the high pressure rounds, and the Glock Boom issues.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

I'd like a smith 1006 10mm. I have never shot one though. The megastar worked in 10mm. They have a nicer trigger if you clean them real well when you get them. I had a blued one that was really gross inside. The starvels were better.

Crockett had a p226 in the first episode. The bren ten came later, they get a lot for them now.
    https://www.guns.com/news/2013/05/15...-the-sun-video

Mostly mag problems
    "made the first customers essentially beta testers and when minor problems came up with the gun’s handling, warranty issues threw a wrench in the assembly line. Some early Brens even shipped without magazines, as supplies that worked (the original Mec Gar mags did not) were low."

And a few frame problems
    "Shooting the Bren 10 with the original load was a beast, compared by many to ripping a .44 Auto Mag. Even with today’s underpowered loads it has stout recoil due to the high bore axis incorporated into the design. There are a number of Brens floating around that have suffered slide failures or even frame fatigue after firing a good bit of the old ‘single malt’ 10 mil ammo. Rare but significant problems like these further contributed to the gun’s demise."

Here is my SVI. GB only has 5 for sale at the moment, they are a little rare. Its nicer than a sig X5 but I like my CZ champion (they are rare in 9mm) and behlert hi power(I've seen maybe 3 for sale ever) more than the SVI. Maybe its because I like 9's more than 45's usually.

SVI infinities are worth the $ though.

Name:	full auto.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	894.3 KB 
ID:	330430

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/864282987
    This SVI is $10k, they should not be worth that much.

Name:	svi.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	263.3 KB 
ID:	330433

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    I'd like a smith 1006 10mm. I have never shot one though.
    I bought a 1006 in 2004, found it in a local mom and pop that sold mostly Glocks. Nobody going in there knew what it was, and I got it for a good price. Fucking thing was built like a battleship, and very popular during evening shoots. I had some full house reloads stoked with Blue Dot that lit off these pumpkin sized balls of flame. Everyone wanted to shoot it.

I sold it in 2009 during tough times, made some good money, and don't really miss it - it was kinda ridiculous. I wasn't going to carry it, the goddamn thing weighed 3 lbs loaded up, mebbe more. It was fun to shoot, but when it comes to 3rd gen Smiths, my interest is elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    how about a Springfield .45?
    I'd look for a Sig P220, tons of good police trade ins out there right now with really good prices. And as for Sigs, they're basically giving away P229 police trade ins in .40 s&w but I don't know availability in Ca. due to mag restriction.

It's popular to hate on the .40 right now but at those prices..

$?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst.../used-firearms

I've bought a few guns from this place, free shipping is nice. They have sales pretty often. I picked up a P229 nr in .40 VG condition for $369.

This is just one dealer, if you Google police trade ins you will find a bunch more. If you're buying used sigs, look for good condition or better unless you know what to look for in regards to excessive frame wear.

Is the Ruger AR-556 a mag accepted first AR-15? I like it mostly because it's in stock online, and leaves me $$ to buy gadgets. Just looking to plink with, and the outside chance I'd have to repel the hordes from my roof. Looking at $640 shipped in 5.56.

Pay what you get for.

Unless I am looking for something historically correct, in an AR style, I would put my money on BCM.

Colt is expensive but will also hold value.

For a plinker it should be fine.

Use something else when your life may depend on it.
    watch out for snakes

jgb@etree Guest
    The ruger ar556 is g2g. A basic, but solid carbine. You probably won't need it, but ruger also has some of the best warranty support in the game.

No guns but a bad ass dude and his camaro

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/art...k21HDRZK9hRdHY
    watch out for snakes

The holy grail of newly made 1911's. The Muonionalusta Meteorite Big Bang 1911's by Cabot Guns. I think they sold for $440,000 at auction.

Name:  Meteorite-Pistol-Set-by-Cabot-Guns-5.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  75.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    The holy grail of newly made 1911's. The Muonionalusta Meteorite Big Bang 1911's by Cabot Guns. I think they sold for $440,000 at auction.

Name:  Meteorite-Pistol-Set-by-Cabot-Guns-5.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  75.6 KB
    These ones are a bit over the top, but I have a Cabot and it is incredibly well made and shoots awesome. It feels different then any other 1911 that I have shot...everything is just so tight and smooth. You can tell the difference during the recoil sequence.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Hard pass
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Hard pass
    I wouldn't kick them out of bed, but $440K is a bit rich for my blood.

I have a version of the Jones Deluxe full length slide. It is a bit more traditional and has a very classic look:

https://cabotguns.com/the-jones-deluxe/

Give me an original M1911 with matching numbers and a 1917 build date.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Give me an original M1911 with matching numbers and a 1917 build date.
    I would take one if this as well...but it would serve a completely different purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

what a beaut

Golden gun is cool...but need to remove the engraving on that slide.

Here is mine:

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by gretch6364; 06-04-2020 at 11:25 AM.

I had a friend will me a Singer 1911. Told me it was like new in the box and it was in his bank box. Friend wasn't quite truthful. After he passed, I checked with every damned bank in the area.

This one brought $414,000

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...uring-co-model

^Wow!^