Page 131 of 435 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    S&W 10mm's are legit. Danged things have gone through the roof in price. I picked up a former trooper's 1076 with the decock feature. Sweet shooting piece.
    Definitely a nice shooter. Very similar to that 1076 but the 1006 has a slide mounted ambi safety/decocker & 5"bbl. I only had a chance to run factory loads but am looking forward to putting together some hot handloads & see if I can get 1600fps out of a 165gr bullet

Any chance you have any spare mags you'd be interested in selling? I've been looking around but haven't had much success. Apparently there are 'unicorn' 11 & 15rd mags that shipped with some of the LE contracts but were never sold directly to the public. I'd be happy with a few of the 9rd mags!
    Last edited by jgb@etree; 09-15-2014 at 07:34 AM.

five rounds at 10" steel, 720 yards, standing off a tripod, shooting into the sun. The bigger splash in the middle is actually two hits. Fifth round went through the left strap.

Is that your 260? I just got a 260 GAP AR10 and it is magical.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Dayum, got that one dialed in.
    watch out for snakes

No extra 10mm mags for the S&W. Check on gunbroker and gunsamerica

They are hard to come across, and pricey when you do. The 11rd mags are almost non-existent.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

jgb@etree Guest
    JMO: Word around the campfire is that Sig is actually going to release a the P220 in 10mm?? Can you confirm/deny this rumor? If true, are you able to share any details?

Do want.

watch out for snakes

I got to work last night, which was my Monday and our first night of night shift. We had a safety meeting first thing and to thank us for going 2 years without a lost time or reportable accident, the company is buying everyone a 26 gun Bighorn Safe. Not a bad start to the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Open-carry and robbed at gunpoint.

GRESHAM, OR (KPTV) -

A man openly carrying his new handgun was robbed on a Gresham street by a man with a gun of his own.

Police were called out to the area of 172nd and Glisan Street at 2:10 a.m. Saturday.

Investigators said the 21-year-old victim bought a handgun earlier in the day and was openly carrying it while talking to his cousin.

They said a man approached them and asked for a cigarette. Talk eventually turned to the victim's new purchase, before the robber pulled his own gun from his waistband and said, "I like your gun, give it to me," according to police.

The victim handed over his gun and the suspect ran away.

The suspect is described as a light-skinned black man, 19 to 23 years old, 6'1" with a skinny build. He had black, wavy hair and was clean cut, except for a small patch of facial hair on his chin. The man was wearing gray sweatpants, a white T-shirt and flip-flops.

The weapon he used in the robbery was described as a black gun, possibly semi-automatic. The stolen gun is a black Walther brand, model P22. It is semi-automatic and .22LR-caliber.

Anybody who may have information on this case is asked to call the Gresham Police tip line at 503-618-2719.

Copyright 2014 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

No pics but I just picked up myself a Ruger SR556. I haven't got out to shoot it but I'm pretty pumped. It replaces my golani as it had become a little unreliable (broke a firing pin and some misfeeds). I'm looking forward to getting this sucker out on the range.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider View Post
    No pics but I just picked up myself a Ruger SR556. I haven't got out to shoot it but I'm pretty pumped. It replaces my golani as it had become a little unreliable (broke a firing pin and some misfeeds). I'm looking forward to getting this sucker out on the range.
    I've only seen a couple of the SR556's as my state went commie and decided to ignore certain parts of the Constitution before Ruger released it, but from what I've heard they are a great value for someone's 1st AR. Ruger's customer service is excellent as well. I lost the trigger reset spring when doing a trigger job on a pistol a few months ago. Called Ruger, and they sent out a part that day & refused to allow me to pay for the part (which is probably only worth about $0.10) or shipping, which was nice.

The kid that got robbed of his pistola while OC'ing pretty much had all of the marks of a moron:

- Carrying an unloaded pistol
    - Carrying a 22LR?!? Whiskey tango foxtrot!?!

I just can't come up with a reason why someone would carry a pistol - concealed OR open - without it being loaded. And it being a .22 just kinda adds to the humor.

The SR was a little more than some other AR's but the fact that it's a piston fired gun is what I liked about it. It should have the reliability/ruggedness of an AK system but it is totally customizable w/ all the AR products available. Pretty cool package. I got the E model that is the cheapest but offers what I wanted. I won't mount lazers, lights, bottle openers and bearspray deployers on my rifle. I'm going to add a rail w/ magpuls angled foregrip and maybe an optic. Should be a great gun for me.

I, too, chuckled a little that the guy was open carrying a .22...

Finally complete! Thanks for the help from you all!

Sent from my mind to your eyes

HCAR yum

watch out for snakes

jgb@etree Guest
    Figured I should post up some pics of the sweet holsters Leavenworth Skier set me up with. He posted a few pages back about the company he's working for - Gunfighters Inc - and I decided to take him up on his offer for a maggot deal. They turned around a holster for my SR40 in like 3 days, and that's for a custom order - not something they had sitting on a shelf. I liked the holster so much that I went back to him and asked him to make one for my SW 1006. Even though it's an older & uncommon gun, they went out of their way to accomodate the request and were able to get a 4506 dummy gun to do the mold. I got it a couple of days ago, and I am once again very happy with their work.

I'd definitely recommend giving these guys a shot at your next holster - they are amazingly secure and comfortable. I'll likely be ordering holsters for a couple of other guns soon.

GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Figured I should post up some pics of the sweet holsters Leavenworth Skier set me up with. He posted a few pages back about the company he's working for - Gunfighters Inc - and I decided to take him up on his offer for a maggot deal. They turned around a holster for my SR40 in like 3 days, and that's for a custom order - not something they had sitting on a shelf. I liked the holster so much that I went back to him and asked him to make one for my SW 1006. Even though it's an older & uncommon gun, they went out of their way to accomodate the request and were able to get a 4506 dummy gun to do the mold. I got it a couple of days ago, and I am once again very happy with their work.

I'd definitely recommend giving these guys a shot at your next holster - they are amazingly secure and comfortable. I'll likely be ordering holsters for a couple of other guns soon.
    You should look at Kramer Leather holsters, local made and excellent quality
    http://www.kramerleather.com
    IWB with sheepskin and clip gets a few thumbs up
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post

Those holsters are pretty nice, they stock them in town. They do seem a little stiff. Good company run by a veteran, I believe.

Do you really wear those pants and carry like that? Quite the operator.

I'm gonna plug old faithful holsters. Not unlike the kydex ones above but a little more refined. I got mine for $50 cause I had to assemble it vs the $70 pre-assembled

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Those holsters are pretty nice, they stock them in town. They do seem a little stiff. Good company run by a veteran, I believe.

Whenever I read one of jgb's posts I imagine him as "that guy." Glad it's corroborated by reality.

Went into a cabellas and sportsmans wharehouse because I heard they had 22. Sportsmans said they had run out of the federal 550 round bulk packs for 24ish but they did have cci and something else for $19.99 for a box of 50 before tax. Went to cabellas, same story on the 22 but they had 50 round packs of Fiocci 55gr 223, which has been very consistently accurate in my rifle, for $17.99.

I picked up a few hundred rounds of the 223, but man, strange times we live in.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap!

watch out for snakes

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Whenever I read one of jgb's posts I imagine him as "that guy." Glad it's corroborated by reality.
    Sorry to offend - I was straight out of the woods from deer hunting and figured the holsters would photograph a bit better (as I had promised to post a few pics to thank Gunfighters for the hookup) if I removed the shirt that was covering it. Go figure. Next time I should probably say "Hey check out this pretty cool holster - only you can't see it since it's covered up".

But, yes, I will (obviously) admit to wearing bdu pants as outdoor, work & even casual clothing sometimes as they're both comfortable and useful. These Gunfighters holsters are my first time trying kydex and are definitely well made and very functional. Just not all that concealable - unless you leave your shirt untucked or wear a long sweatshirt/jacket. I'm looking forward to using these holsters more while hunting and at the range.

To each their own though. If you need/want this type of holster - they're great. I certainly haven't abandoned leather IWB holsters as that's what I use 99.5% of the time since I like to be able to conceal beneath a tucked in shirt. Although I'm really not sure why I'm explaining myself as I don't really care what some fudd thinks.

So back to the gun stoke. Here' s my ub3r tactical .270:

My brother in law is building sort of a long range marksman's/sniper rifle based on a tikka t3 and a cnc alu stock from these guyshttp://www.xlrindustries.com/evolution.html. 308 cal, but that probably doesn't matter.

Thinking about buying him either a sling or a bipod for christmas, but no idea what to look for, or where to look. Website that ships internationally would be great, budget around $100 ( guessing a bipod is a bit more expensive).

Any ideas?

jgb@etree Guest
    These slings get really good reviews:

http://www.triadtactical.com/Tactica...g-TIS-SC1.html

I don't own one, but they are very similar to the VTAC sling, which I do own, and really like.

Very nice! Also well inside my budget. Really looking forward to shooting that rifle, as my only experience is with 22lr and shotguns. Out of curiousity, can you see what type of attachment points that cnc stock sports?

How much should one expect to spend on a quality bipod?

Thanks!