Page 353 of 435 FirstFirst ... 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,825 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...-ban-1.5552131

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Friday a ban on some 1,500 models of military-grade "assault-style" weapons in Canada, a ban that is effective immediately.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...-ban-1.5552131

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Friday a ban on some 1,500 models of military-grade "assault-style" weapons in Canada, a ban that is effective immediately.
    Three layers down that rabbit hole: https://www.justice.gov/usao-vt/pr/q...vermont-quebec

Yay VT.

there was a mass shooting a couple weeks ago with 22 killed by a shooter disguised as a cop so its a good time to ban automatic weapons
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

there was a mass shooting a couple weeks ago with 22 killed by a shooter disguised as a cop so its a good time to ban automatic weapons
    You mean Semi-Automatic. Pretty sure automatic weapons have been banned in Canada for a long, long time.

Banned doesn't mean unavailable. Means not used in mass murders as much.

I read a cool account about the kill power of a Thompson. Italy summer of 43. Seems 4 Rangers were trapped on a little hill. Germans are 50 yds away across an opening. Nazis demand that the Rangers surrender so a ranger starts walking towards them with his Tommy at his side. 4 Krauts start walking towards him and are yelling for him to put down the weapon. When they are 25yds apart the Ranger lifts his weapon and greases the 4 he's looking at and 5 more in the wood behind them. THATS fucking firepower.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Banned doesn't mean unavailable. Means not used in mass murders as much.

I read a cool account about the kill power of a Thompson. Italy summer of 43. Seems 4 Rangers were trapped on a little hill. Germans are 50 yds away across an opening. Nazis demand that the Rangers surrender so a ranger starts walking towards them with his Tommy at his side. 4 Krauts start walking towards him and are yelling for him to put down the weapon. When they are 25yds apart the Ranger lifts his weapon and greases the 4 he's looking at and 5 more in the wood behind them. THATS fucking firepower.
    Name:  684073.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  197.2 KB

and yet supposedly most of the people killed were killed by smoke inhalation as the criminal used molotov cocktails etc

of course the RCMP will setup blockades right around Kahnawake to stop the flow of weapons across the border...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Name:  684073.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  197.2 KB
    No. Here's what the real deal looks like

Name:  FatherBasil.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  42.5 KB

Just picked up a new mini 14 - local gun shop threw in a tactical stock for free that they had laying around.

Any experience swapping out stocks on these? It looks like the tactical stock has a different hand guard than the standard model. Ideally I would swap out the stock and keep the standard hand guard if that's possible.

GUNS!!!!!!!!

Luv my Mini 14! Super fun, nice shooting gun. I have an old pencil barrel model. No exp with stock swaps tho. They are easy to break down so you should be able to see if it fits before unscrewing the side plates or whatever they are called.

The hand guard should be held on by just on tension clip and a lip under the gas block. Seems like if the new guard fits the old stock, then the old guard would fit the new stock. YouTube the breakdown and use the official Ruger vid. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Buh bye Canada.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    Any suggestions for a CC or IWB holster for a Sig P938?
    Made in Reno NV They have very good product.
    http://www.lagtactical.com/holsters/
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Buh bye Canada.
    I just glanced at the list of 1500 Rifles. It does not seem to include Semi Auto Pistols.

What is the expectation for people who own the now banned rifles.? There must be north of a million of them in Canada.

I did not spend much time searching, but did not see wht is supposted to happen to existing banned guns.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I just glanced at the list of 1500 Rifles. It does not seem to include Semi Auto Pistols.

What is the expectation for people who own the now banned rifles.? There must be north of a million of them in Canada.

I did not spend much time searching, but did not see wht is supposted to happen to existing banned guns.
    Haven't spent much time researching, but my initial understanding is that you have until 2022 to dispose/sell or get a special permit to keep them (some kind of collectors license, not sure if that means some sort of deactivation). Use of the listed firearms is to stop immediately however, whether that means the range, or some form of hunting purpose.

Might be a good time for you US gun lovers to get a great deal on some now prohibited Canadian firearms.

Oh, and handgun are already heavily regulated and require a restricted license. There is supposed to be federal legislation tabled that would empower individual municipalities to locally ban handguns within their jurisdiction. I have no idea how that one will play out, but will likely be a real clusterfuck.

My opinion about this particular legislation aside, none of the firearms that asshole used were obtained legally. And he was dressed as a cop, and had his vehicle spec'd out to look like a police cruiser. That fucker was out to hurt someone no matter what he ended using as a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Luv my Mini 14! Super fun, nice shooting gun. I have an old pencil barrel model. No exp with stock swaps tho. They are easy to break down so you should be able to see if it fits before unscrewing the side plates or whatever they are called.

The hand guard should be held on by just on tension clip and a lip under the gas block. Seems like if the new guard fits the old stock, then the old guard would fit the new stock. YouTube the breakdown and use the official Ruger vid. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That could not have been easier - this gun is going to be a blast.

I luv me sum Mosin Nagant
    watch out for snakes

Majority of 2A people I've seen are carrying 50lbs of fat and breakout in hives if they have to wear a mask. Good luck with that.

re: the Canadian ban, all the laws are already in place, all they have to do is enforce them. Put the criminals in jail and keep them there, quit plea bargaining away the firearms offences when dudes break the frikkin law. Of course that won't stop the stewards of the environment from smuggling whatever the bad guys want across the border at Kahnawake or whatever first nation crosses the border in your area.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Made in Reno NV They have very good product.
    http://www.lagtactical.com/holsters/
    They don't make a iwb for my sig p938. I have just been carrying it in my waste band seems fine I guess.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    They don't make a iwb for my sig p938. I have just been carrying it in my waste band seems fine I guess.
    Please do yourself a favor and buy a holster. Being a small SAO pistol, I have to assume you carry it cocked and locked. Would suck to have body movement or something else move your safety and then have something get stuck in the trigger guard. I usually only carry mine in the summer with shorts, and have a crossbreed supertuck iwb kydex holster that works for me.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/s...b-holster.html

Just my advice for the $0.02 it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Please do yourself a favor and buy a holster. Being a small SAO pistol, I have to assume you carry it cocked and locked. Would suck to have body movement or something else move your safety and then have something get stuck in the trigger guard.
    Concur!

Bet Plexiglass Burress wishes he’d carried his Glock holstered in his sweatpants.