Page 88 of 435 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by orlowskij View Post
    And the answer is.... local gun show. Now's the time to sell if you have some toys to spare.
    I've heard gunbroker is also in full rape mode. Heard. I haven't bothered even looking for over a week. I snapped up US Tactical's last few 7.62 Pmags over a week ago. Shit's just ridiculous now. I really wish I would have bought 3 or 4 WASRs last summer when they were $350. They're going for $700+ now. And idiots are actually buying them.

Thankfully .22lr biathlon rifles have stayed the same...

Some things are full rape mode. There are many cool badass "assault" rifles and shotguns that havent seem to be affected because they arent that well known. I'm not going to say which ones.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Yep, it's pretty crazy. I'm happy to do my part in enforcing the idiot tax though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    AR-15, AR-10, AK-47, any mag that holds more than 10 rounds, .223/5.56, 9mm, small rifle primers, small pistol primers - good luck.

Semi-auto handguns, tactical shotguns, 7.62x39, large rifle primers, .223 brass, .308 bullets, .40 ammo, anything that looks even remotely scawey to guys like spook - you may find small quantities that are ridiculously priced.

Unless you really really need ammo or weapons, I'd wait 'til either the hysteria settles a bit or capture weapons when the war starts.

If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, buy some optics or a chest rig or a knife or new pair of boots or something. Your feet are far more important than having 10,000 rounds of ammo.

BroMT - that's funny. Take Tom Skerritt, age him 20 years, give him grey hair with a bald spot and he looks strikingly familiar for some reason.
    guns aren't scary to me. i already died by an ak47 and an ar15 in 1984. i just think the argument that the second amendment has a relevant context in 2012 -- particularly the idea that the good redblooded americans are going to fight off (and what? eventually overthrow?) our tyrannical government and all it's cool weaponry in guerrilla warfare -- is absurd.

Hot Butt Mudd (ew)

while not exactly what you describe - ammseek dot com aggregates prices in a ez to view/sort table with links -

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    guns aren't scary to me. i already died by an ak47 and an ar15 in 1984. i just think the argument that the second amendment has a relevant context in 2012 -- particularly the idea that the good redblooded americans are going to fight off (and what? eventually overthrow?) our tyrannical government and all it's cool weaponry in guerrilla warfare -- is absurd.
    Why is it absurd? Tell me oh student of history. Seems to me guerilla forces throughout history have had a distinct advantage against professional armies. The only people who have never been conquered are the afghans, some of the poorest people in the world, and they never will be conquered because war is their national pastime. Well, that and rape.

The part thats absurd is that after a civil war I doubt the victors would be able to set up a better system than we have now.

The part that is definitely NOT absurd is that tyranny from the government is not the greatest threat of tyranny. The real threat of tyranny happens when the government no longer has the power and resources to control the corporations, there have been a BUNCH of times ultra rich people have hired mercenaries to intimidate/kill common people to protect their business interests. Most of the time, the threat to their business interests were nothing more than the possibility of having to treat their workers with basic human rights, which cost money.

Oh yea, we've got all sorts of labor laws, that could never happen, but wait why do we have those labor laws? They were enacted as a direct result of the nations outcry after a bunch of miners had the nerve to sell their belongings and purchase rifles to stand up to the mercenaries hired by the rockefelers. This is one of many such stories.

That shit was not ancient history. Our economy is faltering, the government doesn't really have the power to protect you now and you're going to just assume everyone is going to be nice to you.

People have gotten so soft and stupid in this country. Its not a fairy tale. We have enjoyed relative safety and security for a while, there is no reason to expect that to never end, throughout history it has been more of an anomaly than the norm.

Apart from all that, please tell me with examples from history how guerrilla forces find it so hard to fight standing armies. The exact opposite has proven to be true.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Why is it absurd? Tell me oh student of history. Seems to me guerilla forces throughout history have had a distinct advantage against professional armies. The only people who have never been conquered are the afghans, some of the poorest people in the world, and they never will be conquered because war is their national pastime. Well, that and rape.

The part thats absurd is that after a civil war I doubt the victors would be able to set up a better system than we have
    The part that is definitely NOT absurd is that tyranny from the government is not the greatest threat of tyranny. The real threat of tyranny happens when the government no longer has the power and resources to control the corporations, there have been a BUNCH of times ultra rich people have hired mercenaries to intimidate/kill common people to protect their business interests. Most of the time, the threat to their business interests were nothing more than the possibility of having to treat their workers with basic human rights, which cost money.

Oh yea, we've got all sorts of labor laws, that could never happen, but wait why do we have those labor laws? They were enacted as a direct result of the nations outcry after a bunch of miners had the nerve to sell their belongings and purchase rifles to stand up to the mercenaries hired by the rockefelers. This is one of many such stories.

That shit was not ancient history. Our economy is faltering, the government doesn't really have the power to protect you now and you're going to just assume everyone is going to be nice to you.

People have gotten so soft and stupid in this country. Its not a fairy tale. We have enjoyed relative safety and security for a while, there is no reason to expect that to never end, throughout history it has been more of an anomaly than the norm.

Apart from all that, please tell me with examples from history how guerrilla forces find it so hard to fight standing armies. The exact opposite has proven to be true.
    since you're all over the place -- labor laws!! haha!! that is a REALLY good one!! -- why don't you show me oh student of history, which guerrilla forces -- in terms of physical condition, accurate perception of their situation, logistics, communications, etc. -- of any of your exact opposites that are comparable to the u.s. population who successfully resisted and eventually overthrew their tyrannical standing armies.

Not sure if this is the right place for this....

Media Quiet About San Antonio Theater Shooting

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...g-2524596.html

Merry Christmas, Jer!

On Sunday December 17, 2012, 2 days after the CT shooting, a man went to a restaurant in San Antonio to kill his X-girlfriend. After he shot her, most of the people in the restaurant fled next door to a theater. The gunman followed them and entered the theater so he could shoot more people. He started shooting and people in the theater started running and screaming. It’s like the Aurora, CO theater story plus a restaurant!

Now aren’t you wondering why this isn’t a lead story in the national media along with the school shooting?

There was an off duty county deputy at the theater. SHE pulled out her gun and shot the man 4 times before he had a chance to kill anyone. So since this story makes the point that the best thing to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun, the media is treating it like it never happened.

Only the local media covered it. The city is giving her a medal next week. Just thought you’d like to know.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

since you're all over the place -- labor laws!! haha!! that is a REALLY good one!! -- why don't you show me oh student of history, which guerrilla forces -- in terms of physical condition, accurate perception of their situation, logistics, communications, etc. -- of any of your exact opposites that are comparable to the u.s. population who successfully resisted and eventually overthrew their tyrannical standing armies.
    Your question is so fucking stupid its not even worth a reply. There are far too many to list. Besides, youre only asking a question to dodge my question, so I'll make it even easier.

Name one time the US standing army has been victorious over a guerrilla army. Ok, the Moros, I'll give you that, but they weren't fought to a defeat, they were subdued through diplomacy and social programs. Every other conflict in which the US has faced guerrilla tactics has either been a draw or we've lost.

There may be an exception or two I'm not thinking of, I'm curious if you can think of any, but Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan alone prove the notion is not absurd, in fact its more common than the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place for this....

Media Quiet About San Antonio Theater Shooting

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...g-2524596.html

Merry Christmas, Jer!

On Sunday December 17, 2012, 2 days after the CT shooting, a man went to a restaurant in San Antonio to kill his X-girlfriend. After he shot her, most of the people in the restaurant fled next door to a theater. The gunman followed them and entered the theater so he could shoot more people. He started shooting and people in the theater started running and screaming. It’s like the Aurora, CO theater story plus a restaurant!

Now aren’t you wondering why this isn’t a lead story in the national media along with the school shooting?

There was an off duty county deputy at the theater. SHE pulled out her gun and shot the man 4 times before he had a chance to kill anyone. So since this story makes the point that the best thing to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun, the media is treating it like it never happened.

Only the local media covered it. The city is giving her a medal next week. Just thought you’d like to know.
    Of course the media ignored it, however, this is NOT the place for that, this is a stoke thread, there are other threads about gun politics.

I understand the hypocrisy of saying this after replying to spooks retardation, and I'm still glad you shared it.

spook Guest
    Your question is so fucking stupid its not even worth a reply. There are far too many to list. Besides, youre only asking a question to dodge my question, so I'll make it even easier.

Name one time the US standing army has been victorious over a guerrilla army. Ok, the Moros, I'll give you that, but they weren't fought to a defeat, they were subdued through diplomacy and social programs. Every other conflict in which the US has faced guerrilla tactics has either been a draw or we've lost.

There may be an exception or two I'm not thinking of, I'm curious if you can think of any, but Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan alone prove the notion is not absurd, in fact its more common than the other way around.
    i'm not dodging your question a bit. your question was stupid. you continue that way by equating various groups that have utilized guerrilla tactics with the u.s. population. they are not remotely comparable. that's why you don't understand what i'm talking about.

i'm not dodging your question a bit. your question was stupid. you continue that way by equating various groups that have utilized guerrilla tactics with the u.s. population. they are not remotely comparable. that's why you don't understand what i'm talking about.
    Tell me how those groups are better equipped than the US population. There has never been another country like the US so if you need exactly perfectly similar examples, you're simple minded and you won't find any. You still havent shown anything to be absurd other than yourself, but everyone already knew that.

spook Guest
    Tell me how those groups are better equipped than the US population. There has never been another country like the US so if you need exactly perfectly similar examples, you're simple minded and you won't find any. You still havent shown anything to be absurd other than yourself, but everyone already knew that.
    you still don't get it. americans have lots of toys. that doesn't turn them into hardened coordinated guerrilla fighters. it turns them into sheep waiting to be slaughtered as they obsess about their toys. the u.s. is absurd, so you shouldn't be surprised to find either of us here. however, i will give you a half point for pointing out that there has never been another country like the u.s. unfortunately, you fail to acknowledge that that also means there has never been a population like the u.s. population and instead try to compare that unique population - unique in respect to resistance in particular -- to other guerrilla forces that do not resemble the unique u.s. population in the least.

Can we get this thread moved to pollyasshattery?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Can we get this thread moved to pollyasshattery?
    You, LJ and Spook can keep trying or you could just let the gun folks have their thread. Also, I know this is hard for some of you ignore this or anything else that ruffles your feathers instead of flying the tattered flag of moderation.

I used to smoke pot. I also used to golf. I don't do either anymore - I don't have anything against pot or golf, but they're boring. But gee - since this thread keeps getting derailed into dipshit politricks by libdopes, maybe I'll start posting 20 times a day on the golf thread and the weed thread talking about how both things are totally gay and only losers golf or smoke dope. Then again, not being a complete loser, maybe I won't.

You people need a sense if humor. ...and Leroy just needs to stfu.
    get paid

you still don't get it. americans have lots of toys. that doesn't turn them into hardened coordinated guerrilla fighters. it turns them into sheep waiting to be slaughtered as they obsess about their toys. the u.s. is absurd, so you shouldn't be surprised to find either of us here. however, i will give you a half point for pointing out that there has never been another country like the u.s. unfortunately, you fail to acknowledge that that also means there has never been a population like the u.s. population and instead try to compare that unique population - unique in respect to resistance in particular -- to other guerrilla forces that do not resemble the unique u.s. population in the least.
    Not all americans are soft and this still does not render the 2nd absurd. Just realized who I am arguing with and that its a complete waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    You people need a sense if humor. ...and Leroy just needs to stfu.
    You aren't smart enough to debate me bro.

I'm done. You guys can think you won. Back to the stoke.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    You, LJ and Spook can keep trying or you could just let the gun folks have their thread. Also, I know this is hard for some of you ignore this or anything else that ruffles your feathers instead of flying the tattered flag of moderation.
    i thought this was in polyass. why would they put a gun thread in the padded room? at best it should be....

TECH TALK, JONGS!

spook Guest
    Not all americans are soft and this still does not render the 2nd absurd. Just realized who I am arguing with and that its a complete waste of time.

no, it is not merely a fat stupid population that makes it irrelevant, but you missed that part, too. are you sure mypetpowdergoatse isn't smart enough to debate you? i've read a lot of your posts and in general he seems calmer, less likely to overstate the obvious in an apoplectic seizure, and well, to be frank i think he's considerably smarter than you, which is miraculous considering his own spot on the bell curve.

i'm just looking for a little support for your smack.

Who said i want to debate you, bro? ... Seriously, i don't know what your problem is but you've become a confrontational asshat lately.
    Go Get laid, go skiing whatever it takes to get you out of your funk. Just stfu till you do. Thank you.
    get paid

...only a 5 round magazine and you can't hide it under a trenchcoat, but IMO the most lethal gun I own.

HK-P07 Duty, FNP-9. 16+1, but you will never hit a man-sized target at 1000 meters with either one of them.

spook - Powgoatse seems calm because he's been on double doses of Prozak to help deal with his vicarious e-grieving the past few weeks.

i thought this was in polyass. why would they put a gun thread in the padded room? at best it should be....

TECH TALK, JONGS!
    Dear Spook you remind me of Peck

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post

spook - Powgoatse seems calm because he's been on double doses of Prozak to help deal with his vicarious e-grieving the past few weeks.
    more stuff i missed

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Dear Spook you remind me of Peck

i'm sure that is a powerful statement in your tribe.