Page 391 of 434 FirstFirst ... 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,775 of 10837

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Well, 1200rpm of 10mm in a 7lb package in the right hands ought to do it... Plus, the KRISS Super V Recoil Mitigation System [KSVRMS] uses an innovative nonlinear operating system that revectors recoil energy to a base plate of prefabulated amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic superelevated casing for minimal lotus-o deltoid and optimal parametric ogive encabulation, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Well, 1200rpm of 10mm in a 7lb package in the right hands ought to do it... Plus, the KRISS Super V Recoil Mitigation System [KSVRMS] uses an innovative nonlinear operating system that revectors recoil energy to a base plate of prefabulated amulite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic superelevated casing for minimal lotus-o deltoid and optimal parametric ogive encabulation, amirite?

Ahh theres that vague and pointless sarcasm I've grown so fond of. yea, you're right, physics totally says higher rate of fire is a bad thing thats totally physics bro. Magnets dude magnets. A gun being tacticool doesn't make it any more effective but it also doesn't necessarily make it any less effective. Seems like you have more of a problem with their marketing, or just gun culture these days, which is cool but is has nothing to do with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    These are the kind of comments the keep me coming back to this little corner of the interwebz. Well played, sir!
    Ya I was going to get real weird with it and say I was going to make her call me high angles name and tell me I was always a goofy bastard as a child while I slap her titties but ya know, I really am a subtle, classy sort of a guy after all.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Leroy, why are you getting so defensive over your choice of a 7lb 1200rpm sub gun and a Soviet surplus chest rack to feel safe from behrs and porcupines in the wilds of Cottonwood? Seems like the perfect tool for a powder day too, so you can use your $2000-$3000 investment in space age polymers, ballistic compensation, and cutting edge injection molding year round.

Defensive? Dude I'm enjoying this. I actually kind of am wondering the same thing, why you seem so sensitive about which guns are or aren't strange somehow for someone else to use.

Also, the kriss is not 3k dude they're like 1500, a couple hundred more than those short shotties guys are using. Maybe that's why I rub you the wrong way, I sound like I am only interested in guns that are so expensive they simply must be awesome? Nah dude not me the kriss is normal priced, and the exact same weight as a shot shotty. You get a bit more capacity and better ballistics and accuracy past super short range, and while I would like to think if another bear charges me from 200 yards I would wait to see if it is a false charge or not, I know there are also people who have said a bear charged from at least that far and they knew instantly is was not a false charge, which was confirmed shortly thereafter when it gnawed on their skull. Is that a likely scenario? Perhaps not but the kriss doesn't have any drawbacks compared to a short shotty as far as I can tell.

That 7.5 fk is the second version, and it's around the same 1500 range, but their previous version was 8 fucking thousand dollars, so thats good for a laugh.

You couldn't find a gif of the shane/jt/abma 007 ski chase?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    You couldn't find a gif of the shane/jt/abma 007 ski chase?
    Those guys can't shoot for shit.

If you want a bear gun, get a 629. That Brno is a pretty impressive gun though

I'm not getting wrapped up in this "discussion" because it really does seem like you're more interested in trolling than firearm discussion or geeking out over guns; but my two cents is it seems to me no matter what gun you choose to carry in bear country, if you ever have to use it you're basically praying and pissing your pants, anyway.

But we never said
    a neck or head shot on stationary soft skinned game from fairly close range with a rifle was ridiculous
    we said it was unconscionable. Not because a head/neck shot is particularly difficult (it certainly isn't) but because it has a higher chance of wounded game.

I don't know why this is so fucking difficult to understand.
    Last edited by CS2-6; 03-22-2021 at 07:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Well let't think about our options, a kris, handguns, shotguns or sbr's and look at the pros and cons of each.

Name:  kris.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  94.4 KB

Name:  both.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  72.3 KB

Name:  shotgun.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  39.2 KB

Name:  sbr.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  30.4 KB

I think we need to review the facts in greater detail, a few more times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    If you want a bear gun, get a 629. That Brno is a pretty impressive gun though
    Yea, I actually think for the bigger calibers, wheel guns actually have a faster rate of fire.. An auto can soak up recoil, but I think once there is a certain amount of mass in the slide, it slows the time to reestablish your sight picture by having that much mass move rearward . I haven't shot one but it's pretty to see.

I used to carry one of the 8 shot s/w 357s, but that was just in MT, where I would be less worried about grizzlies than AK

but yea it is a cool caliber, it will be interesting to see if it gets adopted by any other ammo or gun makers. .

Based on the detailed photographic arguments, I'd say the kriss or ar are the obvious choices.
    Last edited by leroy jenkins; 03-22-2021 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    I'm not getting wrapped up in this "discussion" because it really does seem like you're more interested in trolling than firearm discussion or geeking out over guns;
    It was kind of the later, but then it was more the former.

Yea, I actually think for the bigger calibers, wheel guns actually have a faster rate of fire.. An auto can soak up recoil, but I think once there is a certain amount of mass in the slide, it slows the time to reestablish your sight picture by having that much mass move rearward .

I used to carry one of the 8 shot s/w 357s, but that was just in MT, where I would be less worried about grizzlies than AK

but yea it is a cool caliber, it will be interesting to see if it gets adopted by any other ammo or gun makers. .

Based on the detailed photographic arguments, I'd say the kriss or ar are the obvious choices.
    Ruger DA RedHawk is another great choice in.44mag if you don’t want to go .460, 454, .500 etc. Years ago, I used to load some pretty stout .44 mag loads for my Ruger Super Blackhawk. My buddy with a 629 had to punch them out of his gun individually with a dowel. The Ruger guns are a bit stouter in the normal sized guns. I don’t like the bite of .44 mags in DA guns, so my largest revolver is now a 7 shot 686

Kunt/mico pein 7 #- sidearm can do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    .44mag
    I've generally been very pleased with these folks (they've been mentioned a few times throughout the life of this thread). Never had to bet my life on their product though (knock on wood).
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by senior researcher View Post
    Kunt/mico pein 7 #- sidearm can do both.
    What kind of loads do you shoot in your micro pein? I was using hard cast +p rounds but have had some problems with barrel wear. After cleaning the inside of the bore vigorously with a copper brush and hoppes number 9 there appears to be a red rust colored liquid running out the end of the bore. The harder I clean the worse it gets.

What kind of loads do you shoot in your micro pein? I was using hard cast +p rounds but have had some problems with barrel wear. After cleaning the inside of the bore vigorously with a copper brush and hoppes number 9 there appears to be a red rust colored liquid running out the end of the bore. The harder I clean the worse it gets.

Sounds like a case for Gimp Central, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Sounds like a case for Gimp Central, guys.
    I'm sending it off to get recrowned.

I might een try and get it rechambered in 408 cheytac.

I might een try and get it rechambered in 408 cheytac.
    Does anyone even make 408 Cheytac?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Bobby returns! And yes, 408 Cheytac is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    I've generally been very pleased with these folks (they've been mentioned a few times throughout the life of this thread). Never had to bet my life on their product though (knock on wood).
    Good reading, thanks for the links.

Looks like they are one of the only places that has .32 Win Special, may have to pick some up
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by mangle View Post
    Bobby returns! And yes, 408 Cheytac is a thing.
    Jesus Christ! on both
    and
    I wonder what got Jenkins switched off 94gr handgun bullets for bear and
    onto a caliber like the .408, which legit
    could be EDC for the Pleistocene?

It just seems like a .50 Barrett is the answer to so many questions here lately. Or the .300WM Omen--whichever floats your boat.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

.458 SOCOM anyone?

How long till decent full uppers in 5.56 will be available? Some of these places need a wait list

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)