Page 397 of 435 FirstFirst ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Bwaaaaa! Flipped the gun for an easy profit? BS is a closer and you can't just turn that on and off like a light switch. You're either a salesman or you're not.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Made 1300.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Picked up a Sig 365 TacPac yesterday. Figure as light as it is, it will be a handful.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Building a 10mm has been painstakingly slow trying to track down parts these days. Should have sights and a mag release by the end of the week and be ready to shoot. Fun process, I'd likely just buy a glock lower going forward and build the upper, QC on P80's isn't exactly top notch I'm finding out.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Building a 10mm has been painstakingly slow trying to track down parts these days. Should have sights and a mag release by the end of the week and be ready to shoot. Fun process, I'd likely just buy a glock lower going forward and build the upper, QC on P80's isn't exactly top notch I'm finding out.

That's rad.

Got my mits on the long awaited, once recalled Sig Cross rifle in .308.

While I have a hard time imagining myself hunting with a chasis rifle, the engineering is impressive. Action is gorgeous, stock trigger is nice and I shot 1" at a 100 with naval surplus 7.62 and .66" with a 165g Nosler hand load.

Given the 6.5lbs and the fact that it's collapsible, it might see some field time. Pretty cool rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post

While I have a hard time imagining myself hunting with a chasis rifle, the engineering is impressive. Action is gorgeous, stock trigger is nice and I shot 1" at a 100 with naval surplus 7.62 and .66" with a 165g Nosler hand load.

Given the 6.5lbs and the fact that it's collapsible, it might see some field time. Pretty cool rifle.

Looks like a handy rifle for field use. (277 Fury sounds like a fun round.)

Pretty cool, but how are you gonna carry it in a hunting situation? 3-point Magpul sling that weighs a pound or so? Most trad stock bolt action rigs tend to balance a little bit foreword of the floorplate, give or take. And you can carry my Ruger or Tikka the way you'd carry a lever action carbine... A lot of rifles with detachable magazines don't carry like that, which makes them awkward at best.

My rifle isn't strapped to my pack unless there's good reason, esp when I'm solo. So I end up carrying my rifle while mobile except for when it's wide open tundra or there's creeks I need to sidestep to cross. Who knows what could pop up? There's been someone scratched already this year, on a manicured trail. And there are 7-8ft blackies and 11ft brownies wandering the Kenai Peninsula as I type this...

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post

Sig's version of the Q Fix.

They seem to work well in hunting situations.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post

I didnt realize cow hunting needed that much of an armory

I don't hunt but that's a strange looking cow. Must be how they grow in Africa.

I actually have a really nice hunting rifle made by Proof Research. I just use it for distance shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post

Sitting in a house overlooking a water hole or stomping through the brush with a team of beaters and gun bearers isn't how most of us hunt the western US. Moreover, shooting from cars is frowned upon or downright illegal in America as "unsafe" and "less than sporting".

That rifle might be fine to carry 100yds from the truck to an Alabama deer stand or a windmill over a West Texas stock tank, but if you have to cover ground to find game or get away from other hunters you're going to have to strap that rifle to your pack, or carry it at port arms all the damn time. Tiring, and gun management is now changing your lifestyle.
    6.4lbs ain't so light compared to a Kimber or a Tikka either. Add a pound to the Cross for a 3-point sling/hardware, and more for optics and MIL_STD scope rings, and you're not really saving weight.

So what's the point of carrying a decorative modern showoff rifle for hunting? The extra 7 rounds in the mag?

Last edited by highangle; 05-14-2021 at 12:05 PM.

To show off you silly.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Sitting in a house overlooking a water hole or stomping through the brush with a team of beaters and gun bearers isn't how most of us hunt the western US. Moreover, shooting from cars is frowned upon or downright illegal in America as "unsafe" and "less than sporting".

That rifle might be fine to carry 100yds from the truck to an Alabama deer stand or a windmill over a West Texas stock tank, but if you have to cover ground to find game or get away from other hunters, you're going to have to strap that rifle to your pack, or carry it at port arms all the damn time.
    6.4lbs ain't so light compared to a Kimber or a Tikka. Add a pound to the Cross for a 3-point sling/hardware, and more for optics, and now you're not really saving weight.

So what's the point of carrying a modern showoff rifle hunting? The extra 7 rounds in the mag?
    You missed the part where I said "I don't hunt". Lighter than my 6.5 CM at 7.2 pounds with no glass.

I guess you know more than the owner of Q LLC who sells those things as fast as he can make them. What an idiot.

Enough of a market, that Sig got into the game.

You know the Q guy used to work at Sig right? Theories on whether he came up with the concept at Sig or stole it for Q. I don't know nor care. And the Cross is half the cost of a Fix.

To answer hunting with a chassis rifle. I did it last year. I didn't save any weight but also added a pound for a suppressor and more for a fairly heavy optic and the chassis gun actually came in a bit heavy. You can use a normal sling but attach to the sides and it carries fine. The foldable stock is nice to compensate for extra length of the barrel and suppressor when you carry it a little lower. It was a bit front heavy but I think most rifles would be when you hook and extra pound to the end of the barrel.

I'll probably hunt with it in the future in addition to traditional hunting stocked rifles. It was something I wanted to try but wouldn't go out of my way to put together another one. I didn't build it to look cool. I generally hunt by myself nor post hunting pics to the gram so no one to really impress.

Some people hunt and also like shooting as a hobby hence trying out different setups. And you really can't go to demo day to take a rifle out elk hunting so when your buddies don't have something you want to try, you have to buy one and try it yourself sometimes.

He also started AAC. Not exactly a lightweight in the industry.

I think they are super cool but Id rather have a heavier rifle to target shoot with.

I also think a lot of PRS guys hunt but PRS rigs can be pretty heavy so gun makers are capturing some of that market for hunting.

New question. Setting up a CZ 457 and looking at optics with a large elevation range-those little pills drop a lot over 2-400 yards. Don't want to spend a ton for a .22 scope. Came across Arken. Any thoughts on these scopes? Some mixed reviews but for $400 if they work like they're supposed to, seems to fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I also think a lot of PRS guys hunt but PRS rigs can be pretty heavy so gun makers are capturing some of that market for hunting.

New question. Setting up a CZ 457 and looking at optics with a large elevation range-those little pills drop a lot over 2-400 yards. Don't want to spend a ton for a .22 scope. Came across Arken. Any thoughts on these scopes? Some mixed reviews but for $400 if they work like they're supposed to, seems to fit the bill.

PRS gun:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PRS-Custom-24_257784_Angle-Left__97067.1537819509.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	165.3 KB 
ID:	374583

Don't you have a Maven on your 7mag? Do they have enough clicks for a .22?
    Never tried it, but can you not shim the aft scope ring or base for Xtra downs out of a scope with standard vertical adjustment range?
    Last edited by highangle; 05-14-2021 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    PRS gun:

Name:	PRS-Custom-24_257784_Angle-Left__97067.1537819509.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	165.3 KB 
ID:	374583

Don't you have a Maven on your 7mag? Do they have enough clicks for a .22?
    Never tried it, but can you not shim the aft scope ring or base for Xtra downs out of a scope with standard adjustment range, or does that fuck up horizontal clicks?
    I wish I knew more about guitars.

I have a Maven on a .300. Plenty of clicks but a lot more than I want to spend for a .22 or at least this .22. Going 20 MOA rail and probably need about 90 MOA total to do what I want with it. The horizontal won't be an issue. It's just going to be a fun and practice dope shooter so not looking to drop a lot of loot on it. Maybe some vermin control at a buddy's place close to town hence the can on it.

The guys at the local shop said Arken was looking promising so I started looking at those but either really good or really bad reviews and they are backordered for awhile.

Not a gun...but a Randall Model 1 8" fighting knife was passed down to me. It parachuted into France on June 6th. It's pretty neat with a cool backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Not a gun...but a Randall Model 1 8" fighting knife was passed down to me. It parachuted into France on June 6th. It's pretty neat with a cool backstory.

Bet that thing has seen some shit. Very cool.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Dreyse Model 1907 pistol

Just returned from my old man's funeral (he passed in Feb, but we just got to have the service) and picked up some of his guns.
    The coolest is this Dreyse pistol I had no idea was in his collection, probably because it was likely taken off a dead kraut by my grandpa. It's in great shape, except missing the magazine.

Name:	Dreyse Model 1907.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	599.0 KB 
ID:	377833

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Just returned from my old man's funeral (he passed in Feb, but we just got to have the service) and picked up some of his guns.
    The coolest is this Dreyse pistol I had no idea was in his collection, probably because it was likely taken off a dead kraut by my grandpa. It's in great shape, except missing the magazine.

Name:	Dreyse Model 1907.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	599.0 KB 
ID:	377833
    My condolences on your dad. Quick search shows mags aren't that bad pricewise
    https://www.triplek.com/product/drey...zine-or-grips/
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Any suggestions on a barrel band replacement for an aged over&under 22/410?

Another "gun" I got from my dad's collection was one I couldn't figure out what the fuck it was.

Name:	starter.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	666.0 KB 
ID:	378222

Sent a photo to some friends and one told me it's an old starter pistol you could buy out of the back of Boy's Life magazine in the early 70s. Not sure why dad had it in his safe.

Name:  ad.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  102.4 KB