Page 345 of 434 FirstFirst ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 10837

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Name:  OGOe7g.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  93.5 KB
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Name:  OGOe7g.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  93.5 KB
    Did you cross post to the Tannenbaum thread?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Ya, we should regulate those things, require insurance to have them in public places, carefully screen drivers, have a registry of who owns what VIN numbers, etc..
    Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    have the government build ranges everywhere and provide infrastructure incentives for their use....the cars are registered argument is a false flag...
    don't need a license, insurance etc to use a car on your own property...
    I'm only talking about CCL/CCW to take your gun public places. I have no problem with what people do on their own property. I just want accountability for guns taken out in public.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Never skip tank killing day.
    watch out for snakes

Just picked up an HK VP9SK w/ three mags for $419!!! Woohooo.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Just picked up an HK VP9SK w/ three mags for $419!!! Woohooo.
    Sweet shooter, but that trigger is scary light.

I took one out of its box, and shot it 2x better than any of my glocks.

Vp40 is supposed to be the best handling 40 out there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

New baby in the house.

Name:  HK VP9SK.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  150.4 KB
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

I luv me sum spam

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DF86EB98-1186-4A5F-B730-C0C39B3E6D52.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	523.1 KB 
ID:	306417
    watch out for snakes

Never skip tank killing day.
    I would think there could be some lasting negative effects from the concussion of some of those guns. Mostly the artillery pieces. And I’m not talking about hearing loss

Yeah, its called FUCKING AWESOMENESS!
    watch out for snakes

I’m with you on the awesomeness. That’s a positive. The negatives I’m pulling out of a hat could be ruptured sinuses, injured organs, etc. and these aren’t even the large guns.

I luv me sum spam

Name:	DF86EB98-1186-4A5F-B730-C0C39B3E6D52.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	523.1 KB 
ID:	306417
    Nothing wrong with spam

Name:	IMG_1068.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	257.5 KB 
ID:	306441
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

that is gorgeous.

I have an old South Bend drill press that I'll never get rid of.

Yeah it is.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Reminds me of metal shop in high school
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    I’m with you on the awesomeness. That’s a positive. The negatives I’m pulling out of a hat could be ruptured sinuses, injured organs, etc. and these aren’t even the large guns.
    It takes its toll. Mostly hearing loss.

If you open your mouth when it goes off you can equalize your ears and sinus.
    watch out for snakes

I'm doing some Christmas shoppin' and looking for ideas. Shopping for someone who has logged a fucking shitton of range time, but is just starting to get into IDPA.

I was thinking about getting him a shot clock, when I ran across the MantisX.

Any of you IDPAers have any input on either of these ideas, either the shot clock or the MatisX (or some other tool/gadget that yall've found to be really helpful with this competitive shooting stuff)?
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

In IDPA, I always found 4 magazines were necessary at a minimum, 5 were very helpful.

Range bag. Just big enough to carry mags, 3 boxes of ammo, ear and eye protection, spray lubricant.

Good shooting glasses. I always liked the ones that enhanced light for overcast days. Oakley makes some really nice wrap-arounds.
    Last edited by TNKen; 12-18-2019 at 12:16 PM.

The Mantis X is a really cool little device. You'll get lots more out of dry-fire practice with it.

I'll also second the Oakley shooting glasses - I have an M Frame 3.0 with the Prizm lenses and love them. You can often find them cheap on eBay.

Good ear protection is cool, too. Top of the heap are MSA Sordin or Peltor Comtac III defender. The Comtac VIs are still really expensive. I can double up with foams and the Comtacs (with volume cranked), hear all the conversations at the range, and go home with zero ringing, even on the heavy days.

2nd on the range bag. I'm a fan of Cannae and have a few of theirs. https://cannaeprogear.com/

A bit of amusement yesterday - About a year ago, I got some time on an M2 (.50 BMG, couple hundred rounds). For some reason, I forgot to take off my watch, an ETA 2824-powered mechanical. Immediately after, I heard a distinct mechanical jingle every time I would shift it, and it quit self-winding. I figured I killed something in the winding bridge and mostly quit wearing it.

A week or so ago, I pulled the case back, and found the winding rotor to have way more play than it should. This was no surprise, and I quickly decided I had killed the bearing. I closed it up and ordered a new bearing. Yesterday, the bearing came in, so I again removed the case back and started to unscrew the rotor (planning to bubba-press the old bearing out of and the new one back into the rotor), only to find that the screw was loose. I tightened the screw and all is well again.

Whoops. Now to shift attention to a few other mechanical autos in various states of function. In my quest to find that bearing, I ended up ordering a complete 2824-2 movement, a case set for another watch, and a vintage Seiko 6309 movement from the Philipines (last one nuked when a case seal failed while diving).

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    I'm doing some Christmas shoppin' and looking for ideas. Shopping for someone who has logged a fucking shitton of range time, but is just starting to get into IDPA.

I was thinking about getting him a shot clock, when I ran across the MantisX.

Any of you IDPAers have any input on either of these ideas, either the shot clock or the MatisX (or some other tool/gadget that yall've found to be really helpful with this competitive shooting stuff)?
    If you know what gun he's using Mag holders are nice to have. A real Shooting belt, Google them The ones that velcro onto an inner belt. There is all kinds of stuff. Seems if has been shooting at a range he already has a range bag, But if not, it's a must.

MAG Holders the new guys usualy don't have enough There are the good one and yoiu need 6 on some courses
    https://justicetactical.com/lag-spmc...4aAuuUEALw_wcB
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

When you go Christmas shopping for guns, do you go armed?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Awesome. Thanks for all the great ideas. Yall rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"