Page 399 of 403 FirstFirst ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,975 of 10051

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

  1. #9951
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    4,051
    Quote Originally Posted by AmmergauerTele View Post
    Just got this yesterday for home defense. I'm a gun/shotgun amateur - can shoot decent, just didn't grow up around them. You all recommend a light on there and which one?
    Attachment 389883
    No. Just no.

  2. #9952
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    6,283
    Quote Originally Posted by AmmergauerTele View Post
    Just got this yesterday for home defense. I'm a gun/shotgun amateur - can shoot decent, just didn't grow up around them. You all recommend a light on there and which one?
    Attachment 389883
    Might also want to shop for a wrist brace..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  3. #9953
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    16,216
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Might also want to shop for a wrist brace..
    Get the chainsaw grip. That's badass.

  4. #9954
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,671
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    No. Just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Might also want to shop for a wrist brace..
    Hahahaha. For real.

  5. #9955
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,671
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Have fun folks but PLEASE quit leaving a gun in your vehicle EVER, especially overnight. Every kid in town has armed themselves going car to car and finding guns in unlocked cars.
    YES! This irks me beyond belief. Leaving a gun in your vehicle is one of the most irresponsible things a human can possibly do. SO many idiots do this for some reason, though. Your gun in a glovebox is far more likely to fall into the hands of a criminal (and used in a crime) than to ever be used by yourself for self defense. I'm all about the right to defend one's self, BUT if you do this kind of crap, you really shouldn't own a firearm to begin with.

  6. #9956
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    17,082
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Might also want to shop for a wrist brace..
    Is that for before or after you shoot that thing?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  7. #9957
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    13,496
    Quote Originally Posted by AmmergauerTele View Post
    Just got this yesterday for home defense. I'm a gun/shotgun amateur - can shoot decent, just didn't grow up around them. You all recommend a light on there and which one?
    Attachment 389883

    Crimson Trace Lasersaddle if it was a Mossberg...Don't know if they make them for your Remington

    But the first thing you should do is put a strap or hand guards on the bottom of your Magpul forearm, so your left hand stays behind the muzzle. Can't blow your hand off if it stays behind the muzzle [taps temple].

    The only way to build any consistency in pointing that thing is to lock out your left elbow when you ready up. This random youtube guy explains:





    And be careful of that little murder machine around people. It's far too easy to sweep others with that little short muzzle if your mind wanders even a little. You have to pay constant attention. The firearm is ultra menacing with a 2-handed grip or 1-handed grip on the birds head [like a pistol], so you'll find yourself 1-handing it at the balance point, and the muzzle goes everywhere...You'll prob want a scabbard for it, like the US Peacekeeper.



    Source: Shockwave owner
    Last edited by highangle; 10-22-2021 at 12:21 PM.

  8. #9958
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Way East Tennessee
    Posts
    4,168
    I've got the Remington versions, a Tac 14 in 20 gauge and Tac 13 in 12. Beasts.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

  9. #9959
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    9,384
    It’s called zombie apocalypse
    Red targets 2 in the chest 1 in the head. Green targets 2 in the chest or 1 in the head. I went through 400 and sumthin rounds
    Poor fundamentals = poor performance. Scored 48 of 53. For this day

  10. #9960
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    6,283
    I have a little shotgun..



    https://www.armscor.com/firearms/ria...series/vrpa40/

    Also got the 19 round magazine for it.. Bring on the zombies..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  11. #9961
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Way East Tennessee
    Posts
    4,168
    Latest addition to the family. Springfield Operator Longslide 10mm.

    Name:  Springfield 10mm.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  85.3 KB
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

  12. #9962
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    16,216
    Hand cannon.

  13. #9963
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    9,384
    Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Latest addition to the family. Springfield Operator Longslide 10mm.

    Name:  Springfield 10mm.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  85.3 KB
    Thatís nice whatís the barrel length. Looks longer than 5Ē

    Iím shooting a Springfield XD MoD 2. 4 inch 45
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  14. #9964
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Way East Tennessee
    Posts
    4,168
    Barrel is 6". Standard 1911's are 5.

    Looking for some "full power" 10mm loads. Originals were 1,350 fps, ones today are only about 1,050. And, of course, about $.75 a pop. Full power are around $2.00 a round. May have to break out the loader again.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

  15. #9965
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    10,084
    It officially takes less time to gestate a human, than it does to get a tax stamp from the AFT. Worthless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I'd duct tape an og 4d mag light to that bitch and then just start leaving the front door unlocked (ajar?) in hopes of luring an intruder in for some sport!
    This.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  16. #9966
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    It officially takes less time to gestate a human, than it does to get a tax stamp from the AFT. Worthless.



    This.
    I've had it take up to 3 years and 2 filings because... they suck.

    I sold an m16, after 2 years the atf returned it with the "fbi failed to return your paperwork" rejected, no other reason given.

    I still have the m16 and only kept $500 from the guy when most dealers would have kept 10-20%.

  17. #9967
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    9,384
    Last Night RIPL
    Nice little match first 2 Thursday each month
    I started good and got worse each stage
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BC238184-A147-4CBE-8260-5CFB81313BD0.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	274.2 KB 
ID:	391756

    Last stage. In the end I could not hit anything. Mashing the trigger
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  18. #9968
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Behind the Potato Curtain
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Barrel is 6". Standard 1911's are 5.

    Looking for some "full power" 10mm loads. Originals were 1,350 fps, ones today are only about 1,050. And, of course, about $.75 a pop. Full power are around $2.00 a round. May have to break out the loader again.
    Literally ever 10mm round at the sporting goods store today was 'full power'. I hardly ever see the neutered rounds around here. Granted its bear country but still.

  19. #9969
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aspen, Colorado
    Posts
    2,651
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Last Night RIPL
    Nice little match first 2 Thursday each month
    I started good and got worse each stage
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BC238184-A147-4CBE-8260-5CFB81313BD0.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	274.2 KB 
ID:	391756

    Last stage. In the end I could not hit anything. Mashing the trigger
    I figured out your problem. You shoot with the wrong hand😀

  20. #9970
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    9,384
    So so day. Kinda cold
    But fun

    Last edited by MTT; 11-06-2021 at 07:21 PM.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  21. #9971
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    13,496
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I have a little shotgun..



    https://www.armscor.com/firearms/ria...series/vrpa40/

    Also got the 19 round magazine for it.. Bring on the zombies..

    That thing looks like it was designed for cross-dominant kids to shoot rats in grain elevators.

  22. #9972
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    6,283
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    That thing looks like it was designed for cross-dominant kids to shoot rats in grain elevators.
    I don't recommend discharging any firearm or other spark inside a grain elevator..

    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  23. #9973
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    13,496
    I don't recommend discharging a box-fed Philippine pistol-gripped 12ga pump in a zombie fight - It just draws more in before it jams...


    Seems a crossbow is an altogether better weapon.

  24. #9974
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    6,283
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    I don't recommend discharging a box-fed Philippine pistol-gripped 12ga pump in a zombie fight - It just draws more in before it jams...


    Seems a crossbow is an altogether better weapon.
    Getting in to tech talk here but that depends on if they're the fast zombies of the recent apocalypses or the slow zombies of the 70s and 80s? Takes longer to reload a crossbow. You're toast with a crossbow if they're fast zombies..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  25. #9975
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    13,496
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Getting in to tech talk here but that depends on if they're the fast zombies of the recent apocalypses or the slow zombies of the 70s and 80s? Takes longer to reload a crossbow. You're toast with a crossbow if they're fast zombies..
    Well how long does it take to clear a jam when the airsoft-tier plastic 19-round mag on your $189 import tactical assault shotgun misfeeds every other round?

Similar Threads

  1. Brand New P-tex guns
    By blizzboy283 in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 09:06 AM
  2. Salomon Guns
    By shocker in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 11:09 PM
  3. Sizing for Seth Pistols vs. 1080 Guns
    By eschind in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 09:24 PM
  4. WTB B4, guns, or similar
    By mtaylor in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 07:11 PM
  5. WTB - Salomon Teneighty Guns 175cm
    By eschind in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 10:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •