Page 98 of 435 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hitek79 View Post
    Doughboy, I walked in to my local shop and they had the Springfield XDM 9mm in stock. They actually had all variations of it. I would recommend it as a great starter. Springfield has a great reputation across all their lines from the research I did. It was kind of pricy, but my shop hadn't jacked up the prices or anything, I just had to pay retail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Shop name? Is it in CO Springs?
    I think I saw some at 5280 Armory in Arvada recently. Could be mistaken as that wasn't my target but I know they've still got a solid selection of firearms. Picked up an HK p30 there last week.

BDKeg - If the HK p30 is in your price range it would fit the bill of a nice 9mm compact carry. Runs about a grand right now.

S&W M&P shield 9mm- I like the new m&p's a lot and have one but the shield is kind of ugly.
    springfield XD compact- I think this one is the best trigger of the group.
    ruger lc9- I think these sell the most, I've never shot one though.
    glock 19- I have one and I don't see how anybody doesn't like them but this seems a bit big to carry given the options out there

I'm not really sure where you can get stuff in crested butte. Gene taylors or walmart in gunnison maybe? My buddy ordered some cool shit at walmart before they canned him in 98.

In Denver; 5280 is a great place, Blu core isn't bad but the $ is up there, I was going to with machine gun tours on a press pass to shot show but the old lady saw my texts from the last time I went to Vegas and now I'm banned.

Quote Originally Posted by BDKeg View Post
    I've been wanting to get a decent compact 9mm carry firearm soon as well.

Here are a few i'm looking at

S&W M&P shield 9mm
    springfield XD compact
    ruger lc9
    glock 19

anybody have any opinions?
    I held all of them and my favorite compact was the Ruger, which was also the cheapest. I liked the extensions Ruger gave with the full size clip and the sites fit me. I bought a standard size pistol and went with the M&P .40 because I like the feel of the gun the best and it was the most left handed friendly. I know with my M&P I can buy a 9mm conversion barrel and covert my .40 to a 9mm. Hell I can put a stock .357 barrel in and still use the same magazines.

Around here I can find .40 ammo, but 9mm much tougher to find.

Ban the thumb hole!!! Its made for killing.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Did that come with lycra and skate skis? Hopefully a hot Swedish athlete, too?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    I'm not really sure where you can get stuff in crested butte. Gene taylors or walmart in gunnison maybe? My buddy ordered some cool shit at walmart before they canned him in 98.
    I always go to the turquoise junction, always great service and Brad is really knowledgeable about his firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Shop name? Is it in CO Springs?
    Sorry for the delayed response.

http://www.denvergunsandammo.com/

http://goo.gl/maps/Wah1Y
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Check out this K-31:

STOKE!!!
    Sick gun, but is there a reason not to have a full trigger guard?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Check out this K-31:

STOKE!!!
    Is that a original military profile barrel? I was thinking my next rifle might be a Krag, but if I see one of these I might consider it.

On the hunt for a Savage 10 Precision Carbine in .308. Military buddy is going to help me "dress it up." Going to be my big game rifle (I know it's a 2lb departure from the Tikka's weight) and my learning curve for long distance shooting. Pretty psyched to get after this new hobby. Considering I live 1/2 mile from the range, I'm surprised it's taken this long.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

There's a Savage 10 with Zeiss optics on Zidaho right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Is that a original military profile barrel? I was thinking my next rifle might be a Krag, but if I see one of these I might consider it.
    The only thing that looks to be gen-u-ine K-31 on that stick is the reciever. Barrel, trigger, sights, and obviously the stock are custom. It's some German guy's one-off rifle. It's a rad gun, but it would probably be cheaper and quicker to just buy a new Tikka T3 Sporter and put an iris on it.

PSA: Green Mountain Guns in Lakewood, CO has 30 round pro mags for $19. I found 2 Pmags at Blucore in Lakewood as well, but those were the last 2.
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

Quote Originally Posted by COUTCA View Post
    Those in the know, considering another purchase soon. Lever action. The debate? Marlin 336 (30-30) or 1895 (45-70). Plinkin', huntin', fun. Which one would you choose?
    So, I ended up deciding on the 336, but can't find anything to save my life...at least in the setup I want. Looking for a 336 ss (stainless), and they're sold out everywhere. The few that have popped up on sites like gunbroker are gone in minutes...or the pricing gets insanely high.

Guess it's a waiting game.

I've been wanting to get a decent compact 9mm carry firearm soon as well.

Here are a few i'm looking at

S&W M&P shield 9mm
    springfield XD compact
    ruger lc9
    glock 19

anybody have any opinions?
    I have a g19, great gun, but Ive found the trigger takes some practice. The SIG 239 is the most accurate gun in that range ive ever shot, and the Walther pps is a close second behind it. Both incredible guns that I will trade for shortly. The pps is amazing for its size. Its trigger is awesome, and for being the smallest of the lot, shoots like a full size gun. But the 239 is still the bets of the lot. Check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by COUTCA View Post
    So, I ended up deciding on the 336, but can't find anything to save my life...at least in the setup I want. Looking for a 336 ss (stainless), and they're sold out everywhere. The few that have popped up on sites like gunbroker are gone in minutes...or the pricing gets insanely high.

Guess it's a waiting game.
    Call wild west in Anchorage. They specialize in lever guns. They also have a Las Vegas location and obviously can ship to your local ffl.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

PSA: Green Mountain Guns in Lakewood, CO has 30 round pro mags for $19. I found 2 Pmags at Blucore in Lakewood as well, but those were the last 2.
    I think the shortage is ending on almost everything but stripped ar lowers(f--k $450). The store I was in last night had pmags, green follower gi mags, steel and aluminum hk mags, tons of pistol mags. I don't recall seeing ak mags but I was impressed with what they had.

$700 ak's were $1100 but they had 20 of them so I think a sale is coming if you hold out.

been on backorder from brownells for over a month, Magpul will catch up and I refuse to pay panic prices. Over $20 for a mag is just dumb.

been on backorder from brownells for over a month, Magpul will catch up and I refuse to pay panic prices. Over $20 for a mag is just dumb.
    Distributor friends are telling me they're still buying every one they can get their hands on at much inflated prices.

Quote Originally Posted by mangle View Post
    Distributor friends are telling me they're still buying every one they can get their hands on at much inflated prices.
    I'm wondering how many Magpul can crank out in a day...they're making money like it's going out of style.

I'm wondering how many Magpul can crank out in a day...they're making money like it's going out of style.
    I hear about 30k.

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Call wild west in Anchorage. They specialize in lever guns. They also have a Las Vegas location and obviously can ship to your local ffl.
    Checked with both this morning (great customer service, BTW), and they were both out of stock. Craziness. A run on lever guns.

Both said they have standing orders with Marlin, but are waiting for them to be fulfilled. They offered to put me on their list of customers to notify when product comes in. That's about all I can ask.

Looking to buy a handgun soon. I own multiple rifles and shotguns for hunting, but I don't know jack shit about handguns. Looking for a small, concealed carry type. Liking the Ruger sr40 compact. Any thoughts? Something similar?

Im sure this has been covered but really don't want to wade through 100 pages of GUNS!!!! stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
    Looking to buy a handgun soon. I own multiple rifles and shotguns for hunting, but I don't know jack shit about handguns. Looking for a small, concealed carry type. Liking the Ruger sr40 compact. Any thoughts? Something similar?

Im sure this has been covered but really don't want to wade through 100 pages of GUNS!!!! stoke.

Are you looking for overall size of the gun for carry or a certain caliber? Revolver or pistol? Shooting people for defense purposes, something to carry while hunting? Lots of options out there.