Page 83 of 435 FirstFirst ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mani_UT View Post
    I just researched it and it seems like the best way forward indeed. They are even classes starting this week. Thanks.
    Don't worry, I just give poor advice in real life ;?)

Enjoy it and be safe every time.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Start with a basic hunter safety course. Work up from there.
    +1 or find an NRA rifle course which is also good.

Affordable .45acp? Go!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=542405

Aguila .45 ACP 230-grain FMJ 500 Rnds - $161/$160 after coupon

Use coupon SPGGUNS12 for $25 off $185, SK281 for $15 off $99, SH927 for free Shipping over $99, SH665 for free shipping.

Link to all the deals.

http://www.slickguns.com/category/ammo?caliber=4

Quote Originally Posted by 45hill View Post
    slick guns is awesome, that's pretty much where i go to find all the best deals.

Shit, sorry guys. I meant actual guns, not ammo. I'll get to that later.

Read good things about Rock Island tactical .45, Taurus 800 series and a few others. Not into Springfield XD's or Glocks, fyi. My sort of gun is a workhorse, not a ferrari for reference. I own 11 guns now and my favorites are my Binelli Super Black Eagle 1, Taurus 6" .357 wheel gun and Savage 30-30. Clearly I am of little class.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Not affordable with the Osprey, but save up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani_UT View Post
    So I bought a rifle (Ruger SR556). Now what?

This is my first firearm ever. I have no idea about gun safety, gun maintenance or anything basically.
    Any range recommendation in Salt Lake City?
    Any idea where to get some kind of classes around here? All I can find is CCW classes. I just want to learn how to be safe, maintain the rifle and shoot it properly! You'd think there would be some offerings for this.

Thanks
    enlist.

Unreal stuff

At 1200m you had better have a damn good trigger finger, it does not matter how good the optic is if you torque the gun when you shoot it (unless it is repeatable)

All the tech shit in the Universe can't replace being a witch. Simo Häyhä killed a litteral mountain of Russians with iron sights. IMO there is WAY too much emphasis on ultra tech and way too little on being a sneaky murdering bastard.

Picked up a Stoeger Condor O/U in .410, barrels bored out to skeet/skeet. Got it so the wife could shoot with me. Now I end up shooting the thing a bunch. Such a fun little piece. If only 410 shells didn't cost so damn much. Time to start reloading those now...

Fondled a Ruger 1911 today at the shop. Seemed like a nice, solid weapon. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by COUTCA View Post
    Picked up a Stoeger Condor O/U in .410, barrels bored out to skeet/skeet. Got it so the wife could shoot with me. Now I end up shooting the thing a bunch. Such a fun little piece. If only 410 shells didn't cost so damn much. Time to start reloading those now...

"Little" is not the word I'd use to describe a Condor. Tried one out and g'damn, for an O/U they feel like a long barreled pump.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    "Little" is not the word I'd use to describe a Condor. Tried one out and g'damn, for an O/U they feel like a long barreled pump.
    What gauge and year? This is 5.9 lbs, and makes my Beeetta 682 feel like a damn ton at nearly 10lbs.

Assuming it was new, and it was a 20. Maybe the 410 uses a smaller frame?

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Assuming it was new, and it was a 20. Maybe the 410 uses a smaller frame?
    Yeah, I'd have to imagine. But knowing very little about the Condor before I found this one on gunbroker, I can't say. I'm happy with it, and the wife is pretty keen on it so far.

Skeet shooting with a 410 is quite an experience, though.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    so my father-in-law gave me his Remington 1100 12 guage and HIS father-in-law's.....shotgun?? This thing looks like something from the late 1800's or the bronze age or something. There is a nick/chip in the wood in the butt, but with some maintenance and oil etc... I think she might be ready to go.

I need to do some more research on my own, but this baby has no discernible information etched into it or anything...though I guess I'll have to look closer tonight.

Anybody know anything about this firearm? I'm nervous to use it even after it's cleaned etc...

Sorry....probably should have rotated the image prior upload. but I didn't.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

It appears to be a copy of a browning auto five, is all I know to say. Badass super old school blaster with a ton of firepower for back in the day.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    It appears to be a copy of a browning auto five, is all I know to say. Badass super old school blaster with a ton of firepower for back in the day.

Correct, a savage 720 or rem 11 both sweet guns in their day. The franchi auto uses that action still but it doesn't look that similar.

Cut the barrel to 20" and put in a screw in choke, add a +2 to the tube and it's done.

They need a stiff shoulder and a moderate load.

I remember seeing guys hunting with them in the field until the late 90's. Now it's mostly Beretta's and benelli's in the auto loader crowd.

CZ P0-7 Duty. Say something bad about it. Go!

To the hysterical haters - a friend of mine is set to buy this in the very near future. I've posted this on gun forums. All anybody says is the .40 has feed problems. She's looking at the 9mm. I could wait two weeks to ask so your little butts don't get all tender, but fuck you guys.

Any comments on the Ruger LC9?

How's that for entry-level 9mm?

All I can say is fuck all you and your assualt weapons.

What in hell do you see in them?

A harmless collection...akin to a stamp collection? Bullshit.

They're not hunting weapons

They are symptoms of a sometimes buried sociopathy.

I don't think any normal person would have a love affair with assualt weapons.

The fact that assault weapons like rifle used today are even legal is ludicrous. The shooter was a 20 yr old kid, do you think he would have had an easier time obtaining such a weapon had it been illegal. One report said it was.registered to his kindergarten teacher mother...had it been illega, she would have had a harder time obtaining it as well
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Assualt weapons owner = sociopath in waiting.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."