Page 43 of 435 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy View Post
    Buying a handgun, looking heavy at a Glock. Question is, 19 or 22? Discuss...

BTW, leaning towards the 22 quite a bit. Really want the .45 GAP, but I'd like to shoot the gun often...
    19 or 22? What's the logic behind those two choices? I guess I'm unsure as to how you narrowed it to just those 2. FWIW I haven't shot either, but I've played with the 23 a good bit and like it a lot. Another one to consider if you like the .40.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

.45 Gap is a bastard cartridge. Has lost favor very quickly.

I am not a glock fan at all. But I do have a 19. Traded race tickets for the pistol, and had a choice of any I wanted.

In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by orlowskij View Post
    19 or 22? What's the logic behind those two choices? I guess I'm unsure as to how you narrowed it to just those 2. FWIW I haven't shot either, but I've played with the 23 a good bit and like it a lot. Another one to consider if you like the .40.
    My mistake, meant the 17 and the 22. The 9mm sounds cool cuz I could shoot it underwater (instead of clubbing baby seals above water which can get weird with spectators) and shit with the marine cups and subsonic rounds, and when the zombie apocalypse hits, 9x19 should be readily available. Meanwhile, the .40 sounds like a decent compromise (esp. depending on ammo) between a .45 ACP and a 9mm, with prices being closer to a 9mm.

Also looking at the Springfield XD.

TNken: So what do you recommend I look at for a non-1911 based, preferably polymer .40 weapon?
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

TNken: So what do you recommend I look at for a non-1911 based, preferably polymer .40 weapon?
    H&K USP? Springfield XD-40?

Buying a handgun, looking heavy at a Glock. Question is, 19 or 22? Discuss...

BTW, leaning towards the 22 quite a bit. Really want the .45 GAP, but I'd like to shoot the gun often...

I'd take the 19 every day and twice Sunday over the 22. I had a 22. In fact I would take the 19 over any model Glock except the all-porcelain Glock 7 of course Perish the .45 GAP idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    H&K USP? Springfield XD-40?
    I am an HK USP fan, have 5 of them. Springfield is a great platform as well.

I'm just not a Glock fan. Grip angle is different than every other pistol out there. I don't like the mushy trigger. And there are tons of ND's by cops using glocks when they holster the weapon leaving a finger in the trigger guard. THere is also the issue of the unsupported chamber and high pressure rounds such as Cor-Bon, and failure of the barrel/weapon. Google Glock Explosion for results and images. ALso, Glock specifically states no relads are to be used in their weapons.

Anyway, my .02
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Baker, I've got and XD in 9mm that I really like. The trigger takes some getting used to because of a very long pull and reset but I've got maybe 1500-2000 rounds through it and it has eaten everything it's been fed without a hiccup. My brother has a glock 22 and they aren't bad but they never fit my hand right. You either love the grip angle or hate it. If you haven't yet handle a bunch(and shoot them too if ya can) and see what feels the best. Any of those calibers will serve you well.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    #4 sounds dangerous, both for the shooter and his buddy whipping clays at him.
    Yeah - I still haven't figured out how to make it safe for the flinger. Maybe one of those kevlar bear suits.

When you get bored with .22 2x4, substitute 8oz Redbull cans for the angle iron. You slam the Redbull first, then shoot at the empty cans. Besides the jitters, it's harder to knock over the Redbull cans at the closer ranges unless you hit them at the top or bottom.

If it stops raining and the rivers go back to just flood stage I'm going to try Extreme Whitewater Flyfishing this weekend.

Saw a Savage Striker in .260 Rem at a pawn shop south of the Res today. I wonder if mounting a bipod on something like that would be too silly.
    Last edited by Jer; 07-14-2010 at 05:53 PM.

Decided against the Striker. It would likely just turn into yet another $1500 quest for 500 yard cloverleafs. I've talked to a few people I believe are psychotic (and really great shots as well).

Anybody need any .22 cal bullets (.224)? I've got a bunch of 50 to 55 grain bullets left over from when I was dialing in my .22/250 load. Nosler Ballistics, Sierra Gamekings and Matchkings, Hornady Match, Hornady Amax. All under 100/box. Probably about 75 per box. Make an offer - I just want them to go to a good home.

I hate my glock 19. I keep promising myself to trade it. Rage instructor said glocks take more skill. Light weight plastic crap I say!

I like my wheel gun. S&W 686. I feel better about myself when i hit everything I aim at.

I think I need a black hawk hunter next.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I hate my glock 19. I keep promising myself to trade it. Rage instructor said glocks take more skill. Light weight plastic crap I say!

I own one Glock out of the 30 or so pistols I have, a Model 19 I might add. Managed to acquire it by trading two tickets to the NASCAR race at Bristol to the Glock LEO rep.

Shot it two times, currently letting a friend us it. Don't care for them, the grip angle or the squishy trigger.

Anything above a 9mm is suspect as well. There are tons of documented explosions using higher pressure ammunition such as Cor-Bon or Hydrashock. Thoughts are that on the larger calibers, the lower portion of the chamber leaves an "unsupported" cartridge, where the problem starts on ignition of the powder.

Glock manual says no reloads.

With that said, a ton of folks in IDPA shoot them without problem.

My Son and made this little project out of an old 10/22 we had around. Shoots a tight group with that barrel, best of all he can soot it all day long for 20 bucks worth of ammo.

Colt 1908 .380 ACP. Somewhere I have a Remington .22, nothing special.

Edit: 200th post.

Buying a used gun at a gun show?

I'm looking at buying a used shotgun in the near future- 12 gauge, modified choke- something like a Remington 870 to use for skeet, trap, home defense.

I've seen a few on sites like gunsamerica going for $250-$300.

Are prices at gun shows gonna be much lower, if at all, than online or in shops?

Quote Originally Posted by bovine View Post
    I'm looking at buying a used shotgun in the near future- 12 gauge, modified choke- something like a Remington 870 to use for skeet, trap, home defense.

I've seen a few on sites like gunsamerica going for $250-$300.

Are prices at gun shows gonna be much lower, if at all, than online or in shops?
    A brand new 870 doesn't go for much more than that.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Every now and then Wally World puts them on sale for around $200. Nothing fancy, but then you can pick up barrels of your choice cheap and have a multi purpose shotgun.

Interesting gun related experience today. Went with a friend to Gander Mountain so he could pick up a .22 rifle for plinking. He already knew what he wanted so after spending a couple minutes looking around he goes and talks to the salesperson. Goes through the background check, gets approved, and then is told that they won't sell him the rifle because they think he is buying it for me. I had been looking around the store the whole time, with a few stops by the gun counter to see how it was going for him. Talked to the manager and couldn't really get a good explanation, just that a decision had been made and they couldn't do anything about it. Neither of us can figure out WTF happened. It is especially puzzling because I am capable of buying my own damn guns. Guess it's time to find a good local shop to deal with.
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydave View Post
    The Army is developing some sorta environmentally friendly round with enhanced lethality but it keeps failing in testing...
    Environmentally friendly? Does that mean it only kills the haji's that don't recycle their coke cans?

I love my guns, but the Communist Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires that I keep them out of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by orlowskij View Post
    Interesting gun related experience today. Went with a friend to Gander Mountain so he could pick up a .22 rifle for plinking. He already knew what he wanted so after spending a couple minutes looking around he goes and talks to the salesperson. Goes through the background check, gets approved, and then is told that they won't sell him the rifle because they think he is buying it for me. I had been looking around the store the whole time, with a few stops by the gun counter to see how it was going for him. Talked to the manager and couldn't really get a good explanation, just that a decision had been made and they couldn't do anything about it. Neither of us can figure out WTF happened. It is especially puzzling because I am capable of buying my own damn guns. Guess it's time to find a good local shop to deal with.
    Gander Mtn. thought it looked like a "strawman" purchase. Every FFL holder in Arizona and any state bordering Mexico is getting shaken down now for strawman purchases. ATF is pounding the dealers hard on exactly the situation you described.

Ken
    Last edited by TNKen; 08-02-2010 at 08:47 AM.

Just another reason I shouldn't be in Texas....

You should have left your friend alone.

Who knew that shopping for guns is now a mandatorily solo experience?

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Gander Mtn. thought it looked like a "strawman" purchase.
    Well, that and Gander Mountain just plain sucks. Where else can you pay insanely high prices and still get to deal with salesguys who have huge attitudes yet know shockingly little about anything?

Thought Id throw this out there.
    The shop I work at just took in a collection of 82 firearms. A lot of nice stuff, old colts- pythons, diamond backs, gold cup Nat. Match. About every Glock ever made, 2 with mech tech carbine conversions. PolyTech AK47/s under folder, UZI w/.45-9mm & .45/9mm-.22 conversion. A bunch of other desirable weapons. Pulling to finally do the Gun Broker thing, but the owners are a bit hesitant. I am going to get photos and a complete list tomorrow. P.M. If anyone is interested in anything listed here or to see if we might have something your looking for. After logging in and tagging this many guns they all seem to blend together.

if someone would get me the Volqartsen parts listed later in this post:
    [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192424"]big boy bindings. new, cheap - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

and see if they want to trade for any of the bindings in it that would be great...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

So I'm gonna get a Sako TRG 22 or 42 at some point.

TRG 22 is .308 which is really all I need around here. Most shots are about 800 meters max. The recoil of a .308 is not bad. Plus my AR-10 is .308, although I would probably be using a different load.

But..

The TRG 42 is .338 Lapua Mag (not interested in .300 Win Mag) and I could shoot the balls off a horsefly at 3 miles. But .338 brass is like $250 per 100. And I like shooting a lot so this would probably make me very poor. Plus there are very few places around here that range out past 1000 meters. Then again, .338 Lapua is new and exotic and exciting. I wish Sako would sell the 22 chambered in 260 Rem or 300 WSM.

Anyhow - at least I know I'll be putting a Nightforce NXS on it. And a Harris bipod - I can't imaging the Sako bipod being $400 better.

So - 22 or 42 - what do you fellows think?

Ken?

Waxman - don't need any binders. Why not just buy the hammer and extractor outright?
    Last edited by Jer; 08-11-2010 at 06:41 PM.