Page 340 of 435 FirstFirst ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    What is the 7mm? Remington magnum?
    As conundrum pointed out, the 300wsm can be a handful for a beginner shooter who will be susceptible to recoil causing them to flinch.
    The 7mm RM is a great cartridge and in a normal weight hunting rifle, 8-9lbs kitted, it will have manageable recoil. The 300 on the other hand will have significant recoil which can be tamed with a brake.
    Yep, the 7mm is a rem mag. Not a new shooter but also not a fan of muzzle brakes. I've shot quite a bit but I'm as susceptible to recoil as anyone and if you guys think there is a noticeable difference, then I would lean towards the 7mm RM.

jgb@etree Guest
    Loving all of the old Winchesters getting posted up. When my Dad came over from Italy, his family settled in New Haven. Many of his neighbors and eventually his friends worked in the Winchester factory, so he was always able to find great deals.

Here are a few that he's given me over the years. Pictured are mostly Model 21, 101, 70 and Super-X's, but there are a few non winchester stragglers in there like my Beretta made Weatherby Mark XXII, ruger 77/22 and my muzzleloader.

101's were always a favorite.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

And a couple more .22s. Savage Model 24c the "Camper Companion". My grandpa used to carry this in his camper for quick road side pullovers when rabbits and pheasants were plenty and legal to shoot a bunch of. Sinle shot over under .22/20 gauge with storage in the butt for 10 rds of .22 and two rounds of 20g. It's a short barrel too. Took this out and it's not accurate whatsoever but was fun to squeeze a few slugs off with.

Next is a JC Higgins Model 30 semi-auto. Haven't shot this one yet. The front bead was missing and the factory scope was too cloudy to see through. Apparently these are cheap guns to pick up but if you get a good one, will hang with, or even out shoot, 10/22s. The dovetail is smaller than normal so not many rings available. I found these Leupold Rifleman rings that fit and put a 2-7x Crossfire II on it. Also put a Lyman bead on the front. The Rifleman rings are cool and let you look under to use iron sights. This funky little rifle has a left hand charge, right side ejection port, and is 18 rd tube feeding. Also has a jeweled action and AL receiver and a reeling sling that comes out of the rear stock. Pretty cool for a 1950s rifle.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    You take that photo? Good enough to be a Goddamn Field and Stream cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Thanks!

About 30 years ago one of my mom’s friends gave me a 20 gauge model 12. Her son was anti gun and was going to fill it with concrete as some political statement. I kept it a few years and sold it for $150. Doh!

Wife and kid out of town so get to play with my toys. Been a while, missed you buddies. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4939.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	266.7 KB 
ID:	297466

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Situational Awareness. Good call.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Wife and kid out of town so get to play with my toys. Been a while, missed you buddies. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4939.JPG 
Size:	266.7 KB 
ID:	297466

I am not going to judge or anything, but I remember a post you made last year? I guess it a visceral reaction to a tragic.
    event.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I am not going to judge or anything, but I remember a post you made last year? I guess it a visceral reaction to a tragic.
    event.
    Yea, probably me saying I don’t want my guns anymore. Mostly still true, just want to keep the S&W for home protection, plus I think it’s beautiful and it gives me a boner to look at.

I’ll probably sell the Glock now that I just carry bear spray in the backcountry.

The AK I bought for cash from a shady dude years back (later found out he was a gang banger from Long Beach), it’s fun to shoot pumpkins with and the ammo is cheap but I don’t want it anymore. Not going to sell it or give it away for reasons that I’m not sure about it’s life prior to me owning it, and wouldn’t want anything to be tied back to me in case. It will either stay hidden in my attic for eternity (or until the zombies attack) or be destroyed.

Yea, probably me saying I don’t want my guns anymore. Mostly still true, just want to keep the S&W for home protection, plus I think it’s beautiful and it gives me a boner to look at.

I’ll probably sell the Glock now that I just carry bear spray in the backcountry.

The AK I bought for cash from a shady dude years back (later found out he was a gang banger from Long Beach), it’s fun to shoot pumpkins with and the ammo is cheap but I don’t want it anymore. Not going to sell it or give it away for reasons that I’m not sure about it’s life prior to me owning it, and wouldn’t want anything to be tied back to me in case. It will either stay hidden in my attic for eternity (or until the zombies attack) or be destroyed.

A man's got his reasons. We good.

I kinda understand that. I would trust myself with the AK, But not too many others. And I don't want one. I guess you need to trust your fellow man a bit more?

You have a gun safe Right?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I luv my AKs. Yours is Chinese, you could put a proper wood stock and grip back on it to make it factory again. The one mag even looks to be a Chinese flat back.

They are fine shooters and as you stated the ammo is still cheap. Shoot it and become proficient with it. You may need it one day.

If you post better pictures of the markings on it I could tell you a bit more.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    I luv my AKs. Yours is Chinese, you could put a proper wood stock and grip back on it to make it factory again. The one mag even looks to be a Chinese flat back.

They are fine shooters and as you stated the ammo is still cheap. Shoot it and become proficient with it. You may need it one day.

If you post better pictures of the markings on it I could tell you a bit more.
    It’s a Norinco Mak 90 sporter

I bought 3 or 4 different mods for it over the years and now its kinda Frankenstein.

I bought 3 or 4 different mods for it over the years and now its kinda Frankenstein.

Pre-ban or post ban? KSI import?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Pre-ban or post ban? KSI import?
    Post I think.

10-4, what I thought so but there are some Poly tech rifles out there as well. Certain importers are less common that others. You can legally have it put back with the folding bayonet which involves replacing the front sight block with an after market unit and the lower hand guard with the cut out for the spike. I have one and it is one of my favorites.
    watch out for snakes

GUNS!!!!!!!!

Snagged this for $359. Pre ban Glock. Came with 1 non drop free mag and a drop free pre ban mag that itself is worth $175. Nothing missing and like new condition. Worth twice what I paid. These gun shops just don’t have a clue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2516.jpg 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	297548

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Snagged this for $359. Pre ban Glock. Came with 1 non drop free mag and a drop free pre ban mag that itself is worth $175. Nothing missing and like new condition. Worth twice what I paid. These gun shops just don’t have a clue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2516.jpg 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	297548

Where do you find something like that? DAM I only shoot 45, but hell I would have spent the rent to grab that
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Where do you find something like that? DAM I only shoot 45, but hell I would have spent the rent to grab that
    I’ve been lucky this year. When I’m out in rural Illinois or Missouri, in between appts, I pop into small gun shops. They generally hate glocks in favor of SW revolvers etc and are always clueless. Originally I thought I had 3 of those drop free mags, which would have been worth $500 alone. They were made for 6 months before the ban. All others after came stamped le/govt, but people in Masschucetts can only use pre ban hi cap mags, so they pay a lot for them. But two were gen 4 mags. It also has the original “u” notch non drop free mag that were made before the switch but are worth less. I could barely keep a straight face when buying it. This has everything that came from the factory, never found that before. Box still has numbered sticker too.

I’m waiting for the day I find a gen 1 like this, with a pencil barrel, and a make 5000 bucks!
    Last edited by Cono Este; 10-12-2019 at 08:45 PM.

Dang, that was a good deal.
    watch out for snakes

watch out for snakes

I'm a big fan of the whole Brownells retro line. I should probably back that up by buying some of them. The BRN-180 is particularly cool, but an A1 upper would be quite appropriate as a next purchase. The Proto is beautiful and I've always had a thing for the charging handle underneath the carry handle.

In other news, I recently learned that transferable trigger packs for AUGs exist. Mind = blown. Diplomatic Immunity!
    Last edited by mangle; 10-14-2019 at 09:51 PM.

I pulled out three of my favorite rifles and took som pics, but I can’t figure out how to post them via Iphone.
    #1. Standard grade Winchester 71 in .348. It was my great uncle’s, then my dad’s, and now it’s mine. Excellent condition

#2. Browning 1885 falling block in 7mmRM. It’s a flat shooting gun with the 28” octagonal barrel and 4.5x14 Burris scope

#3. Poly Tech AK-47S. I bought this gun in 1994 for $450 new in box. I kept it that way for a decade, until I just had to shoot it. The box is gone now. I have about half a case of ammo left from when I bought the gun. Probably less that 500 rounds thru it and not a single failure of any kind. I wish I could say that of the Ruger ranch rifle I bought at the same time