Page 377 of 435 FirstFirst ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,425 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

That’s a bad ass rifle. Let us know how it shoots.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

9.1 no can but still amped.

Was reading about this interesting gun this morning (Vierling Gun):

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/b...ur-barrel-gun/

Name:  a-beautifully-crafted-four-barreled-combination-vierling-gun-it-has-two-5637728.png
Views: 1038
Size:  146.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    Was reading about this interesting gun this morning (Vierling Gun):

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/b...ur-barrel-gun/

Name:  a-beautifully-crafted-four-barreled-combination-vierling-gun-it-has-two-5637728.png
Views: 1038
Size:  146.3 KB
    $200k, no problem

I almost bought the poacher special at the gun shop last weekend, 22/410 o/u savage. Didn’t really feel it was worth the $500, if it had been $300 it would be in the safe

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Attachment 346681

Just picked up my first custom build on a 300 WM from bedding work.

Squared and lapped 700 action
    LRI fluted bolt with Mini Badger knob
    Christensen barrel
    Trigger Tech Primary
    Manners MCS-T Elite fill
    Bedding from Elite Rifle Works. Jim Combes is the man.
    Dead Air brake
    Dead Air Nomad 30 with key mo
    Seekins 20 moa rail
    Zeiss precision rings with bubble built in
    On the advice of Rev, Maven RS.3 5-30x50
    Accu Shot pic rail
    Warne Skyline bipod
    Quake sling

Rifle, scope and sling come in at 9.1 lbs. Can and bipod add a little over 2 more. Can't wait to see what it can do.
    What's the twist? Standard 10, Euro11, or are you spinning ELDX spears with 8 [a notion that intrigues me]?

Edit: Looked it up. All Christensen lists for their 700 barrel is 26" 1:10

26” Standard 1-10. Not sure on ammo yet. I have some Barnes 215, Nosler Partition 200, and Norma 180s I’m going to try those and see what happens. I was going to start learning reloading with this rifle (was on my list of shit to do in 2020 before everything went south) but given the scarcity of supplies, might be a bit before I can set myself up with the proper equipment.

Phall-I have my grandpa’s Savage .22/20ga OU. It’s kinda neat but not sure I’d spend $500 on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    26” Standard 1-10. Not sure on ammo yet. I have some Barnes 215, Nosler Partition 200, and Norma 180s I’m going to try those and see what happens. I was going to start learning reloading with this rifle (was on my list of shit to do in 2020 before everything went south) but given the scarcity of supplies, might be a bit before I can set myself up with the proper equipment.

Phall-I have my grandpa’s Savage .22/20ga OU. It’s kinda neat but not sure I’d spend $500 on one.
    Add Swift Sirocco 2 to the list of candidates. My Tikka loves them and they have incredible weight retention.

How effective is a can of that size on a 300WM? It seems like a lot of blast and not much volume

Very nice build, C!
    Should be an absolute tack driver with the right load.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    How effective is a can of that size on a 300WM? It seems like a lot of blast and not much volume
    Not sure yet. Probably won’t get out to shoot it for a couple weeks but I’m itching. Rated to 300 RUM. Makes my 6.5 sound like a 22. Worst case scenario it lives on the 6.5 and I wear plugs shooting the 300 and save a pound hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Can't speak to the Nomad, but a SF 762RC2 is far more effective than you might imagine on a Mk 13 (Rem 700 in 300WM in an AI chassis). RC2 is heavier and longer but smaller diameter. I'd imagine volume is similar.

That's a fine looking piece you built there, Mr C.
    I got a good feeling she's gonna be a shooter too!

Got a Streamlight HL-X with the wrong switch, quickly remedied. Anyone know which light this one would work with? It’s externally threaded.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1605489613.669256.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	278.2 KB 
ID:	348117

Aero blem lowers back in stock. Just got my first one, falling down the rabbit hole.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I know its been discussed a bunch, but I need some advice on Uppers, my friend here is all about BCM at a minimum, won't consider Aero, and is poo-poo'ing all my inexpensive options (radical, PSA) I can get a discount on DD through work, and the price of their complete would be competitive with an aero +bcg/ch. I'd rather not be into this gun for 1k, but, I realize I *should* be. I have a lower, stock, and mil-spec trigger currently, only out $75 at the moment.
    Realistically I'll shoot this rifle 2-3 times a year, 3-500 rounds total, and it will sit in the safe, but I want it to go bang when its supposed to, not looking to reach out and touch past 300, and accuracy isn't paramount. More of a fun gun to shoot in the desert, would be fun to try 3-gun at some point, maybe. 16" or 14.5" is where I'm looking right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    I know its been discussed a bunch, but I need some advice on Uppers, my friend here is all about BCM at a minimum, won't consider Aero, and is poo-poo'ing all my inexpensive options (radical, PSA) I can get a discount on DD through work, and the price of their complete would be competitive with an aero +bcg/ch. I'd rather not be into this gun for 1k, but, I realize I *should* be. I have a lower, stock, and mil-spec trigger currently, only out $75 at the moment.
    Realistically I'll shoot this rifle 2-3 times a year, 3-500 rounds total, and it will sit in the safe, but I want it to go bang when its supposed to, not looking to reach out and touch past 300, and accuracy isn't paramount. More of a fun gun to shoot in the desert, would be fun to try 3-gun at some point, maybe. 16" or 14.5" is where I'm looking right now.
    If you just want to shoot the thing in the desert, one of the cheap PSA uppers will go bang every time for a long time. In my experience, those barrels defeinitely leave something to be desired.

DD makes nice stuff - I have a DD hammer-forged barrel in a Geissele URGI (paired with a LaRue trigger- ha!) that shoots really well. LaRue ultimate upper kits are IMHO easily the best value in a complete upper if you can wait a few months to get it.

My favorite right now is an Aero upper, Colt SOCOM 14.5" barrel with a cutdown front sight post, JP full-mass bolt and carrier, and a Centurion CMR tube. You could also buy a Colt EPR upper complete from Brownells (https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod136815.aspx) and have something very similar. Don't buy anything shorter than 16" if you aren't familiar with NFA.

If you want to do 3-gun, I'd suggest a LPVO. If plinking, a red dot matched to your wallet. Sig Romeo 5 is unbeatable for $100, but an Aimpoint micro or EoTech XPS will be $700 or $500 respectively. Then you'll want a magnifier.

LaRue makes the best cheap trigger (MBT2S). Geissele makes good, but more expensive triggers. I like the shooting sight ones as well.

Midway has $0.57/rd IMI M193 again...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2090862857

Quote Originally Posted by mangle View Post
    Midway has $0.57/rd IMI M193 again...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2090862857
    You mean they did....
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Anyone have any experience with 450 bushmaster? Looking to get into a bolt action for hunting here in Ohio. Looking at the ruger American ranch with a Leopold 2x7 or 3x9 on top.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    I bought a couple AR’s a few years ago. One in the .308 flavor and a 5.56. The .308 I went cheap and bought a Remington R25 (DPMS Panther), it was still around $1500 but cheap for the genre. The 5.56 I bought the DD carbine, spent the $1500 for the complete gun.

The Remington eats whatever cheap stuff I buy to target shoot, steel and all. Had a bunch of german brass that was corroded here and there and that thing spits out every round. The Daniel Defense is a bit more finicky, it won’t cycle steel and has actually jammed on me a time or two.

The safety on the DD is a bit notchey, the Remington is butter smooth. I’m sure the DD could be a lot better with a visit to a good smith, but in my anecdotal experience the cheaper gun runs better.

YMMV

PS. If you’d like to shoot either of them let me know.

Also, if you’re just fucking around in the desert I’d doubly save the money on the firearm and spend a bit more on the optic. The Vortex Diamondback on my .308 is nice and clear, the SS HD 1x4 on my DD is even better, but I looked through the Truth’s ACOG and was jealous. It’s fun hitting things from far away out there.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Also, if you’re just fucking around in the desert I’d doubly save the money on the firearm and spend a bit more on the optic. The Vortex Diamondback on my .308 is nice and clear, the SS HD 1x4 on my DD is even better, but I looked through the Truth’s ACOG and was jealous. It’s fun hitting things from far away out there.
    I just like that you have an AR 10 platform
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Thanks for the offer! I’m just trying to wrangle a few deals from work but, given the unprecedented demand these brands are seeing, it might be a slow process. I also need to upgrade the optic on my hunting rifle next year so, once things come into stock vortex will be getting a few Benjamin’s from me.

A Staccato P followed me home last night. I'm not sure why I waited so long to get one of these. I think a Bul Viper is next.