Page 256 of 435 FirstFirst ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,400 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    This is a very defeatist attitude that you have, thinking that reasonable gun control would do nothing to help solve the problem. It is akin to saying “global warming is already happening so we might as well not do anything to try and stop it. In fact, the answer is more CO2 emissions!!”
    With a couple of exceptions I already mentioned, we already have reasonable gun control. I never said it was too late to do anything, those are your words not mine. I don't care where this thread gets moved, not sure why that's an issue for anybody. The gist of my admittedly long post, where you probably got lost in the middle somewhere, is that banning the goddamn guns isn't gonna fucking fix the problem. Not in our lifetimes, and probably not ever. There's got to be another solution, and I wish I knew what it was. The difference between us is you're so ignorant on this subject, you don't know enough to know you're wrong. You just say shit that makes you feel better.

i wonder how many foreigners think the u.s. has reasonable gun control

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    So in the real world, how do you think “Full Stop” fun control is going to be implemented? I’m not throwing up my hands, I’m just waiting for an idea that can exist in the real world.
    I've already posted this, probably more than once--but it's a pretty small percentage of gun owners who when it comes down to it would defy whatever controls are placed on their weapons. I think there are a lot of ways to do it, some of which wouldn't really include confiscation, and there are a lot of obvious starting points--making it really, really difficult (to near impossible) for a private citizen to have a handgun, for example. Make the country like NYC and other smart municipalities already are--which is a big part of why they are so safe. That would eliminate a large percentage of the problem, and if people are grandfathered in then have very strict screening/registration (look at what Japan requires for a permit, for example).

Plenty of other countries have moved from lax/no gun control to strict control, and it has worked. We're not so fucked up that we couldn't figure out a way to do it.

Lots of ways to go, and they could be done. I'm not saying it would be simple or immediate, but it would eventually work. And as I've said before, I think it is coming, and at some point before long people will look back on the era of firearms the way we do at Jim Crow or slavery, etc.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Make the country like NYC and other smart municipalities already are
    There are a lot of reasons I don't live in NYC, NYS, or any other 'smart municipality'.

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    Also, I doubt anyone here really cares about what is killing out kids. Other than wasting hours online arguing on the internet I doubt anyone here has ever put anytime outside of their own interests to actually help a kid in need.
    You don't know that. Now you know you don't know that.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    Probably split along party lines like it mostly is here.

The difference between us is you're so ignorant on this subject, you don't know enough to know you're wrong. You just say shit that makes you feel better.
    That’s you bud. You are the one claiming there is nothing that can be done while basically every other western country is evidence to the contrary.

but with a tiny fraction of the guns to argue about! so except for that, it's just like here!

Damn you are fucking clueless about the rest of the world

shhhhhhhh! he knows about all that. he comes from an informed, professional perspective!

Admittedly I can only speak first hand from the people in England, Ireland, France, and Italy (Maybe, pretty decent language barrier in Italy and we were drunk in a bar). It’s also a small sampling, but from what I could gather, the left leaning people went from dumbfounded to aghast about the guns in this country. The right leaners were mostly jealous. Understandably, neither side seemed to have a very good understanding of why there were so many guns here and why Americans thought they needed them. The police officers I talked to, for the most part, wished they were armed if they weren’t, and grateful when they were. Except in Italy, where most police I saw were armed and several were walking around with subguns slung on their backs. This may not fit your agenda, but it’s what I experienced. As far as the rest of the world, yeah, I’m clueless. But it’s not my job to try and fix things like mass killings in other countries.
    It’s not lost on me that the US is pretty unique in how it was formed and how it is now. There are more guns than people here. We are buried under a mountain of semi auto rifles and the law enforcement force that would be needed to round them up does not exist. There are so many guns on the black market now it would take generations to find them all. People with ill will toward their fellow man will not be standing at the front of the line to turn them in. Add that to the number of legally available guns out there and banning and confiscating guns starts to look a little impossible.

We need to find a different way to fix the violence problem in this country, a small fraction of which is mass killings. WTF and Wyeaster don’t like that, but it doesn’t make it untrue.

I’ll reiterate, I don’t give a shit what gets banned personally, it won’t affect me. It also won’t do any good. This isn’t a defeatist attitude, it’s reality. We need to find a different way.

Admittedly I can only speak first hand from the people in England, Ireland, France, and Italy (Maybe, pretty decent language barrier in Italy and we were drunk in a bar). It’s also a small sampling, but from what I could gather, the left leaning people went from dumbfounded to aghast about the guns in this country. The right leaners were mostly jealous. Understandably, neither side seemed to have a very good understanding of why there were so many guns here and why Americans thought they needed them. The police officers I talked to, for the most part, wished they were armed if they weren’t, and grateful when they were. Except in Italy, where most police I saw were armed and several were walking around with subguns slung on their backs. This may not fit your agenda, but it’s what I experienced. As far as the rest of the world, yeah, I’m clueless. But it’s not my job to try and fix things like mass killings in other countries.
    It’s not lost on me that the US is pretty unique in how it was formed and how it is now. There are more guns than people here. We are buried under a mountain of semi auto rifles and the law enforcement force that would be needed to round them up does not exist. There are so many guns on the black market now it would take generations to find them all. People with ill will toward their fellow man will not be standing at the front of the line to turn them in. Add that to the number of legally available guns out there and banning and confiscating guns starts to look a little impossible.

We need to find a different way to fix the violence problem in this country, a small fraction of which is mass killings. WTF and Wyeaster don’t like that, but it doesn’t make it untrue.

I’ll reiterate, I don’t give a shit what gets banned personally, it won’t affect me. It also won’t do any good. This isn’t a defeatist attitude, it’s reality. We need to find a different way.
    this such beautiful, severely-limited anecdotal bullshit. it's pretty clear you don't know what i like, stud.

GUNS!!!!!!!!

this such beautiful, severely-limited anecdotal bullshit. it's pretty clear you don't know what i like, stud.
    And who the fuck goes around Europe to random bars asking people their thoughts about guns in America?

At a bar in Lake Como: “So.... tell me your opinions on semi-automatic rifles in the US”

Ok, you boys have a great night.

That’s you bud. You are the one claiming there is nothing that can be done while basically every other western country is evidence to the contrary.
    Getting fucking owned by an elite LEO officer. I'd keep the cocaine talk at a minimum WTF.

He's on to you...

You are telling a seasoned LEO officer that has most likely had to kill cartel members that you support, that he is clueless about the rest of the world???

You are a fucking 20 year old kid living in Highlands Ranch. Fucking classic.

It’s a large part of my job. I’ve been involved in active shootings and seen first hand what happens to people when they take a 12 ga to the back of the head point blank. I’ve shot people with rifles and been shot at. I feel I’m speaking from a fairly informed position.
    WTF is a clown. Spook is not all there upstairs so he gets a pass.

The only two dumb enough to talk shit to Deep Helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    Also, I doubt anyone here really cares about what is killing out kids. Other than wasting hours online arguing on the internet I doubt anyone here has ever put anytime outside of their own interests to actually help a kid in need.
    Ding!
    Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 03-30-2018 at 04:50 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Now maybe we get back on track for a bit. Here’s a picture of one of my favorite 1911’s built by Mars Armanent. Steve does great work and “if you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up”.
    Attachment 230307
    I loved 1911s when I was into guns.

They are kind of like a manual transmission sports car.

Don't you have a Heirloom Precision 1911?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Depends on whether or not we've invaded their country lately.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I wish I could afford an M2. But seriously, are there many pre 86 ones out there for sale?
    Yep, still out there. Prices kinda flat because of ammo costs. Low to mid 20's.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

10 kids killed this week in firearm accidents. Post some pictures of how you secure your quiver.

GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Getting fucking owned by an elite LEO officer. I'd keep the cocaine talk at a minimum WTF.

He's on to you...

You are telling a seasoned LEO officer that has most likely had to kill cartel members that you support, that he is clueless about the rest of the world???

You are a fucking 20 year old kid living in Highlands Ranch. Fucking classic.

WTF is a clown. Spook is not all there upstairs so he gets a pass.

The only two dumb enough to talk shit to Deep Helmet.

Ding!
    Still obsessed with me I see.

I feel honored !!! Still going on and on about the same random bullshit. Yeah I did some coke years ago, like tons of other people did when they were young. I’m not embarrassed or ashamed by it. The fact that you constantly bring it up is pathetic and shows a sense of desperation, but I expect it from you. You are doing nothing more than constantly repeating yourself - shrieking everywhere on the forum like a fucking female. And you don’t even have room to talk considering you operate illegal grow ops in shithole Tennessee!

Why even bother posting on TGR beerdrinker?

Nothing random about it. You are a dumbass kid.

I loved 1911s when I was into guns.

They are kind of like a manual transmission sports car.

Don't you have a Heirloom Precision 1911?
    Yep. This is mine. The Mars gun is like a 911 Turbo S, the HP gun is a Carrera GT.
    Name:  IMG_6424.JPG
Views: 291
Size:  184.7 KB

GUNS!!!!!!!!

Nothing random about it. You are a dumbass kid.
    You don’t even have room to talk considering you operate illegal grow ops in shithole Tennessee.

Bobby thinks pot and guns together are illegal. Bobby is a drug addled idiot. Don't be Bobby.

banning the goddamn guns isn't gonna fucking fix the problem. Not in our lifetimes, and probably not ever.
    Dave, it's not about you. It's not about your lifetime.