Page 337 of 434 FirstFirst ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 10837

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

GUNS!!!!!!!!

^^^ I am glad that paranoid gunfag does not live anywhere near me. He is fucking nutz. I can't believe people actually think like that.

That reminds me, time to sight in my 30-06, elk season is coming right up. Saw a burly 6x6 bull on my drive down the mountain this morning. I want to fill up my freezer before ski season.

#fudd
    #iwearplaidnotcamo

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Harry; 09-09-2019 at 11:49 PM.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I’d. Mop the floor with those enthusiasts.

Cage match or gunfight. I’m a winner
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Would you be bringing any of your gayass knives to this cage match or gun fight?

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    Would you be bringing any of your gayass knives to this cage match or gun fight?
    Mop the floor, monkey
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    True story. Represented a fellow convicted of second degree and attempted second degree murder on a post conviction appeal. He was a 6'4" fellow that always carried a pump shotgun wherever he went. He and GF split. She brought new BF to the apartment to get stuff. He threw them out and changed the locks. Came back to find they had kicked the door down. He went in and ordered them out, Racial slurs ensued. Fight breaks out and they get his shotgun away from him, unload it and sit it in the corner. He retreated to the kitchen and retrieved an iron skillet. Started down the hall and one of the new friends pulled a knife.

One of the many good lines in the trial was "I'm not stupid enough to take a skillet to a knife fight."

Client retreated to the kitchen, retrieved a handful of shotgun shells. Got back into the living room and started loading his shotgun, all the while yelling get out of my house. The reply was f... you n..... Testimony was one started reaching for a knife. Client plugged the guy through the upper torso hitting the pulmonary artery. Guy runs down the stairs, collapses in the yard and expires, 2nd degree. Complicating the case was client took a passing shot at GF as she ran out the door, but missed, attempted 2nd degree.

He originally received a total sentence of 45 years. I had a great argument for judicial misconduct, but the Court of Appeals didn't buy it. I got it down to 30, and he was paroled at 25 last year.

Lesson: Don't bring a knife to a shotgun fight. Or better yet, when a large pissed off man tells you to get out of his house while loading a shotgun, listen.
    Last edited by TNKen; 09-10-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    ^^^ I am glad that paranoid gunfag does not live anywhere near me. He is fucking nutz. I can't believe people actually think like that.

That reminds me, time to sight in my 30-06, elk season is coming right up. Saw a burly 6x6 bull on my drive down the mountain this morning. I want to fill up my freezer before ski season.

#fudd
    #iwearplaidnotcamo

meaning it's not sighted in already? unless you just bought it how does that work?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    meaning it's not sighted in already? unless you just bought it how does that work?
    Always good to practice. Optics get bumped in transport, hiking, taking in and out of storage, etc. Most often, they remain zero'd, sometimes they don't. Nice to go into hunting season practiced up and knowing things are at zero.

I shoot a bunch and always take the gun out just before a hunt to check zero. ESP if I travel.

Reminds me what happens to toe wing setting on the older 900s..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Always good to practice. Optics get bumped in transport, hiking, taking in and out of storage, etc. Most often, they remain zero'd, sometimes they don't. Nice to go into hunting season practiced up and knowing things are at zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I shoot a bunch and always take the gun out just before a hunt to check zero. ESP if I travel.
    I used to work as a hunting guide. I can't tell you how many clients would fly out to Montana, get an elk in the crosshairs, and miss. Between the airline baggage handlers tossing shit around, then packing in 20-30 miles strapped to a mule, more than half the time they needed sighting in.

I would not think about hunting unless I had been to the range recently.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

The ONE TIME in my life I did not re-sight my gun (after having wiped out on a steep snowy slope and bonking the scope), I wounded an elk next time out and never found it. Went to the range the next day and sure enough it was about 12 inches high and right. Worst hunting experience of my life. To say nothing of what the elk must have suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    wounded..never found it...high and right
    This is my Goddamned worst nightmare.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Your'e blocked dick head

Anyway this is the TGR gun thread. I have 3 pistol tournaments this month.
    I have shot so many thousands of rounds that. I don't need to do that anymore. I need to work on other aspects of competitive shooting.

Foot work? Better ways to swap out magazines. Different ways to formulate a strategy on a given course?

Anyone wanna talk about that? I know the collective might have something to say.
    IDPA match coming Saturday. Had my best last month in the top third. Working on the speed vs accuracy mix.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    IDPA match coming Saturday. Had my best last month in the top third. Working on the speed vs accuracy mix.
    I got one Thursday Night. Focused on reloading my own rounds for the tournament . Still need more work on the mechanics of being real fucking fast - while not breaking 180. I am always at a disadvantage as I am a lefty. Sept 12 - RIPL google it.. Fans appreciated. I think I will be mentally and physically IN THE ZONE Thursday night. Comne watch. "I am A God And people worship me!"
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Good luck MTT!
    watch out for snakes

When I shot IDPA, lots of dry mag change practice. Over and over and over.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Question:. Friend came over tonight with suppressed 6.5CM and frustrating results. Long story short, he was shooting 11" higher suppressed at 500 yards than with no suppressor or brake. I chronoed his gun and found it to shoot faster with the can. I always thought cans slowed down bullets but I don't own one and am not at all versed in them.

Here's where it gets weird...at 100 yards, his POI is 4" LOWER with the can. WTF is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Question:. Friend came over tonight with suppressed 6.5CM and frustrating results. Long story short, he was shooting 11" higher suppressed at 500 yards than with no suppressor or brake. I chronoed his gun and found it to shoot faster with the can. I always thought cans slowed down bullets but I don't own one and am not at all versed in them.

Here's where it gets weird...at 100 yards, his POI is 4" LOWER with the can. WTF is happening?
    I don’t run one but know guys that do and have heard that it will typically increase accuracy slightly and some times change poi a little. What your buddy is experiencing is quite bizarre.
    Is the gun grouping? Most people I know keep the thing on at all times due to it changing poi.
    Maybe run this question on rokslide, snipershide etc. Or google with those forums in the search. I searched a bit and came up empty with your particular issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I don’t run one but know guys that do and have heard that it will typically increase accuracy slightly and some times change poi a little. What your buddy is experiencing is quite bizarre.
    Is the gun grouping? Most people I know keep the thing on at all times due to it changing poi.
    Maybe run this question on rokslide, snipershide etc. Or google with those forums in the search. I searched a bit and came up empty with your particular issue.
    Yeah, about .75 moa. It's very odd.

Who wants to try their skills in a real life showdown ?
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Who wants to try their skills in a real life showdown ?
    I do it every October in the Rocky Mountains. If I'm lucky, said showdown is usually grueling, exhausting and very uncomfortable but it yields enough organic meat to feed my family for most of the year.

Could be baffle strikes, is the barrel concentric and rated to use a suppressor?

The can will change the harmonics of any barrel it is mounted to. Similar to what the Winchester BOSS system did only that system was fine tune able.
    Last edited by SB; 09-12-2019 at 07:16 AM.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Yeah, about .75 moa. It's very odd.
    It's not odd at all. At 100 meters the weight of the can is lowering his POI but at 500 meters the extra velocity is making up for the lowering POI. I talked to a suppressor maker about the increase in accuracy and he said that a can doesn't do that. His theory is that reduction in noise and recoil is what helps with an increase in accuracy.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Barrel harmonics - any time you hang a weight on the end of you barrel it's going to change POI.
    Increased velocity - my first answer is chrony's are weird. Changing light, barrel blast, rotation of the earth, etc. can change readings unless you're running a top of the line oehler, but the dope always proves the pudding. In this case the can is probably acting like a longer barrel and giving more velocity.