Page 337 of 343 FirstFirst ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 8566

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Actually, the statistics do NOT back this up sir. Quite the opposite is true in fact. States with higher gun ownership and less "gun control" measures ARE safer states, and the statistics back THAT up. As an example, here is a chart from the FBI Uniform Crime reports in 1998, 2011, 2014 and 2017, comparing violent crime in the Northeast:
    Attachment 293061
    Massachusetts, which has - by FAR - the strictest gun laws and fewest amount of guns, is actually the most dangerous place to live in New England. NH, VT, Maine - which have almost NO gun control measures (constitutional carry) are much safer places to live. Pulling the zoom out of the northeast, the 31 states in the USA that have “shall issue” laws allowing private citizens to carry concealed weapons have, on average, a 24 percent lower violent crime rate, a 19 percent lower murder rate and a 39 percent lower robbery rate than states that forbid concealed weapons. In fact, the nine states with the lowest violent crime rates are all right-to-carry states. You are incorrect in your assertion that higher gun ownership reduces safety.

Guns are used for self-defense more than 2 million times a year, three to five times the estimated number of violent crimes committed with guns.

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013...ublic-unaware/
    https://www.cato.org/publications/co...yths-realities
    https://goal.org/Documents/2018-MA-report.pdf
    You know what else looks a lot like this chart with states ranked? Suicides and accidental gun injuries..

As for cars, I'll be all for banning cars since they produce so little utility and productivity value to society. They won't be missed for any important reasons..

Guns have their place, at home, hunting and the range. If you have a dangerous job or a documented stalker, restraining orders. etc then ya CCW makes sense. If you're afraid to go to McDonalds after dark in the poor part of town just don't go there..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Imagine a world where a huge corporation sells guns and ammunition at a huge discount,
    They undercut the pricing so deep that all independent gun stores shutter. 95% of independent gun stores go out of business.

Then they very publicly demonize gun owners. stop selling cheap guns and ammunition

Really?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Is an ak47 an assault rifle?

Only if it is selective fire, if it is semi auto then no.

Same for the AKM.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    I'm from Canuckistan, yes, I'd like to live in a prevalently armed society especially if the only armed people are criminals or the gov't.
    my first response is "well played"

but then not sure how serious...

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    You're incorrect & your citations are misleading, but I'm not going to start a long pedantic back/forth in the GUNS thread to battle this out with you guys here. If you want, we can do that in a separate thread, and leave this thread for advice..
    No, YOU'RE incorrect, but its a typical leftist response, to willfully ignore statistics and facts that don't corroborate one's own deep seated beliefs of what is "true".

You are correct about one thing, this is not the place to be debating it, and I'm sorry I took the bait.

and to answer you question, sure I'd love to live in Shangri-la where violence doesn't exist and everyone gets along with everyone and there is nothing but peace and love but REALITY is that there are criminals and violence and mental illness everywhere in the world, as there has been throughout the course of human history.

and waxman answered it just as well as I could. Lets take all the guns away so that only the government and criminals have them. Great idea

No, YOU'RE incorrect, but its a typical leftist response, to willfully ignore statistics and facts that don't corroborate one's own deep seated beliefs of what is "true".

You are correct about one thing, this is not the place to be debating it, and I'm sorry I took the bait.

and to answer you question, sure I'd love to live in Shangri-la where violence doesn't exist and everyone gets along with everyone and there is nothing but peace and love but REALITY is that there are criminals and violence and mental illness everywhere in the world, as there has been throughout the course of human history.

and waxman answered it just as well as I could. Lets take all the guns away so that only the government and criminals have them. Great idea
    was that so hard?
    maybe someone else will address the question too

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Imagine a world where a huge corporation sells guns and ammunition at a huge discount,
    They undercut the pricing so deep that all independent gun stores shutter. 95% of independent gun stores go out of business.

Then they very publicly demonize gun owners. stop selling cheap guns and ammunition

Really?
    Really what?

Gunfags are simply sick in the head and out of control. Nothing matters more than a metal dick and a far fetched home invasion fantasy.
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Your dumb charts obscured the obvious and created a very thin straw man
    Zone Controller

Hey look TGR is advertising the safest place on earth, local to me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1196.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	821.0 KB 
ID:	293065
    Zone Controller

DD, I'd rather be a "gunfag" than just a regular faggot like yourself. Just saying

If you'd ever actually GO to a range and introduce yourself and hang around for a bit, you'd find that the "gunfags" you love to demean are actually a segment of society that is hard working, humble, honest, generous, kind, law-abiding, family-oriented and generally squared away in life. Much moreso than society in general. Gun people are good people. Its the .001% who arent who give us all a bad name.

GUNS!!!!!!!!

DD, I'd rather be a "gunfag" than just a regular faggot like yourself. Just saying

If you'd ever actually GO to a range and introduce yourself and hang around for a bit, you'd find that the "gunfags" you love to demean are actually a segment of society that is hard working, humble, honest, generous, kind, law-abiding, family-oriented and generally squared away in life. Much moreso than society in general. Gun people are good people. Its the .001% who arent who give us all a bad name.
    Iíve been to gun ranges. Itís inherently an unsafe place. Full of cop admirers and brainwashed females.

A place so safe that you can easily kill a decorated navy seal sniper.

Gunfags are not honest and certainly arenít squared away in life.

More fun to shoot off rounds in the city scape than some crusty gun range

I have a 45 too. I think itís stupid and useless.
    Zone Controller

Bigot
    Zone Controller

LOL you're so wrong its laughable. Yeah, lets take an isolated incident where a very mentally unstable individual murdered someone else shooting at a range and extrapolate it out to ALL the hundreds of thousands of gun ranges - and MILLIONS of shooters - in the country. Metal straws are bad because one lady fell on one once in just the right way and died. Ignore the MOUNTAINS of evidence to the contrary of your argument and just focus on the uber rare occasion when things went bad.

Gun people ARE honest and they ARE squared away, the vast, vast majority of them. You just like to take the actions of a tiny, minuscule segment of the popluation and apply it with your broad brush to ALL of the segment. Ignorant

and I'm not a bigot any more than you are, fag

Extremely illogical

Paranoid maniacs are not honest and squared away.

Cops are bad people in general.

A place full of loaded guns is far more dangerous than a place with no guns
    Zone Controller

Writing my Congressman to borrow his gun.
    Zone Controller

C'mon now, he's an extraordinary faggot
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

LOL you're so wrong its laughable. Yeah, lets take an isolated incident where a very mentally unstable individual murdered someone else shooting at a range and extrapolate it out to ALL the hundreds of thousands of gun ranges - and MILLIONS of shooters - in the country. Metal straws are bad because one lady fell on one once in just the right way and died. Ignore the MOUNTAINS of evidence to the contrary of your argument and just focus on the uber rare occasion when things went bad.

Gun people ARE honest and they ARE squared away, the vast, vast majority of them. You just like to take the actions of a tiny, minuscule segment of the popluation and apply it with your broad brush to ALL of the segment. Ignorant

and I'm not a bigot any more than you are, fag
    Why is it always 100% right or left with you conservatives? 95% of those who are wanting some gun CONTROL would be down with 1,000,000 Thomson's on ranges for you to play with. Gun people are honest? No you are not being honest. IMO. We are all bigots.

What we don't want is people like MTT walking around in a rage looking for someone to shoot and carrying . Not that hard.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    C'mon now, he's an extraordinary faggot
    Give him his due he could probably take a sick cat to the shelter without his Mommy helping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Carry bear spray.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Is an ak47 an assault rifle?

Only if it is selective fire, if it is semi auto then no.

Same for the AKM.
    Is it really an AK[M] if it isn't selective fire? I say no, which then makes the answer to the original question always yes.

Nope you are wrong.

Part of the definition of assault rifle is it must be selective fire.

Any rifle that is semi automatic only is not. Simple fact.

Also the AK47 and the AKM are different designs. Both were created by MK and his design team.

All civilian AKM, AK47, AK74 rifles are semi auto.
    watch out for snakes

Attached Images Attached Images  
    °”rale, vato!

Amazing the anti gun and pro environment movements have become so emasculating to some.

So many male identities revolve around gun culture and modern industry

A gun controlled, clean and robust environment is for the fags
    Zone Controller

Amazing the anti gun and pro environment movements have become so emasculating to some.

So many male identities revolve around gun culture and modern industry

A gun controlled, clean and robust environment is for the fags
    The solution to climate change and it's impacts is NUKES! 'Murika Fuk Ya!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Nope you are wrong.

Part of the definition of assault rifle is it must be selective fire.

Any rifle that is semi automatic only is not. Simple fact.

Also the AK47 and the AKM are different designs. Both were created by MK and his design team.

All civilian AKM, AK47, AK74 rifles are semi auto.
    Heh. I think we are talking past each other. Agree 100% that to be an assault rifle it must be selective fire. I strongly question whether or not a civilian semi-auto version of any of the above AK[47|M|74] rifles is actually one of those rifles. It involves BATF logic in that the AK47 is a selective fire rifle, is therefore not civilian legal (except if A, B, and C...), and therefore anything civilian legal is not an AK47. I own a not an AK47. I do not own an assault rifle.