Page 179 of 435 FirstFirst ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Thanks.

I do plan to continue hunting with it, so I'll start looking at aftermarket stocks. Preliminary search suggests that the stocks are interchangeable between the 760, 7600, and 870 20ga shotguns... which I also have. Maybe I'll try the swap to check fit before proceeding.

Some of those Boyd's stocks look pretty nice. Is $80 reasonable for a quality stock? I'm a gun jong.

Can you recommend other brands to research?
    I have several Boyds stocks and am very happy with them. Most of the OEM laminate stocks that come on new guns are made by Boyds.

If it was a bolt action rifle I could be more helpful but honestly not sure on other options for that bad boy. Pump action rifles are an oddball these days. I guess if it'll fit 870 stuff - you could go tacticool with some Magpul stuff: https://www.magpul.com/products/moe-...-remington-870 https://www.magpul.com/products/sga-stock-remington-870

I'd grab a Boyds stock and forend, go for some laser checkering and maybe an upgraded butt pad and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Need a little direction here...

I have my dad's old Remington 760 Gamemaster in .270 Win.

There's a crack in the stock that's been there a long while, including the whole time I used the rifle growing up.

What do you guys think about the safety of the stock? The gun doesn't see regular use... maybe a dozen rounds per year. I don't remember ever seeing the crack grow, but as I look closely now, the crack tip looks a little crisper than the open end... might be opening up slowly.

I'm sentimental about the old wooden stock, but also thinking about replacing it with something a little lighter weight, perhaps synthetic.

Where do I begin?

James Earl Ray's favorite gun.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Yeah, Corvette is an affordable performance car. .338 Lapua is more like a Lambo or Ferrari.

Nope, Corvette is a good analogy. There are better magnum calibers out there like 375 Cheytac or 375 VM.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

My buddy let me shoot his modified ruger 17 hrm rim fire with Nikon scope. Really really really accurate out to 120y little varmint killer!

watch out for snakes

in other news if you got an Eotech you can get a refund.

http://www.eotechinc.com/return-auth...n-request-form
    watch out for snakes

Scottys AK brothel got a nu gurl

watch out for snakes

I wonder why the USP Compact is so much more than a P2000?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

^ Nice looking stock and forearm!

THX, my crappy cell phone barely does it justice

Its a copy of the famous Russian SVD based on a Molot VEPR in 7.62x54r only it duznot cost 20K
    watch out for snakes

Dayuuum!

Email alerts show stamped AK receivers back in stock over at Atlantic Firearms. UF and Kybers most notably.

Git u sum four a home building hoe down.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/
    Last edited by scottyb; 08-07-2016 at 08:48 AM.
    watch out for snakes

FYI, I hand loaded those 180g Swift Aframes for my .300WM and got 3/8" groups at 100. Best I could do with 180g Partition was just over 1".

Swift A-Frames are the real deal.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    FYI, I hand loaded those 180g Swift Aframes for my .300WM and got 3/8" groups at 100. Best I could do with 180g Partition was just over 1".

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post

That'll work!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13996201_986911628081317_2166439500428449923_o.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	186178

When Sig shares a photo of your holster...

hey-ooo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13996201_986911628081317_2166439500428449923_o.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	186178

When Sig shares a photo of your holster...
    Did you get to meet her?

Skagit County company touts implant-activated gun

SKAGIT COUNTY, Wash. -- Since he took his creation to the public, Amal Graafstra says death threats have already filtered in. Most are from gun rights activists who see his invention as a way for the government, or other hackers, to track their firearm.

"I wanted to get a gun, but I didn't want to have a gun that was just open for business to anybody who picked it up," said Graafstra from his Skagit County garage office, "You can have safety and reliability with an implant."

Graafstra's company, Dangerous Things, has focused on biohacking for many years. Graafstra himself has three technology implants, tiny incisions of what amount to small drives of data that can be programmed from a computer or a phone.

The implants already inside Graafstra unlock his office, his car, and his computers. His most recent one contains banking and other identity information.

His recent invention involves using the same implant to unlock his gun, a Belgian-made FN PS90. The only way it can be used is if his hand is nearby.

"This is something that's going to grow as applications become more relevant," said Graafstra of the technology.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

It grows?

Does it feed off of his hand?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Skagit County company touts implant-activated gun

SKAGIT COUNTY, Wash. -- Since he took his creation to the public, Amal Graafstra says death threats have already filtered in. Most are from gun rights activists who see his invention as a way for the government, or other hackers, to track their firearm.

"I wanted to get a gun, but I didn't want to have a gun that was just open for business to anybody who picked it up," said Graafstra from his Skagit County garage office, "You can have safety and reliability with an implant."

Graafstra's company, Dangerous Things, has focused on biohacking for many years. Graafstra himself has three technology implants, tiny incisions of what amount to small drives of data that can be programmed from a computer or a phone.

The implants already inside Graafstra unlock his office, his car, and his computers. His most recent one contains banking and other identity information.

His recent invention involves using the same implant to unlock his gun, a Belgian-made FN PS90. The only way it can be used is if his hand is nearby.

"This is something that's going to grow as applications become more relevant," said Graafstra of the technology.
    I think that idea is pretty cool in theory but not sure how it would work in practice.

I've read about a ring you wear that is the same principle. The gun won't work w/out contact w/ the ring. I like these ideas. If we can perfect them and make them as reliable as firearms are today, I'm all in... most of the guns used in crimes are stolen. This could help curb that issue.

Unfortunately any thing that complicates a gun, like these tech toys, makes the weapon more unreliable.

Exercise in futility when the effort and creation could be used for more positive things.

These will never happen outside of the lab.
    watch out for snakes

jgb@etree Guest
    I think that idea is pretty cool in theory but not sure how it would work in practice.
    I guess this would make practice with your off hand a complete waste of time.

GUNS!!!!!!!!

Watch District Nine... interesting movie on many levels, but aliens seem to have figured out gun control.

Oh fuch... Did I just say aliens and gun control in the same sentence?! Try and Donald Trump that!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!