Page 350 of 434 FirstFirst ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... LastLast
Results 8,726 to 8,750 of 10837

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

I'm the least mechanically inclined person I know and I just built this AR pistol from an 80% lower with the use of my buddy's shop. Disgustingly easy. Glad I ordered the parts from PSA before all this hit. I made a few mistakes but nothing that keeps it from running super nicely for the $400 I have in it.

Yer missin a part ther bud.

Otherwise....congrats!
    Buildin em be fun

Quote Originally Posted by scrambledbacon View Post
    Yer missin a part ther bud.

Otherwise....congrats!
    Buildin em be fun
    Ha!
    Yes he is...
    Good spot.

Not if you're bump shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I've always looked at .44 mag levers longingly so I get the desire.

Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Had a suppressor approved today. No batch on my M16, though my next chance appears to be in a month. Didn't think to check the other form 4s with a different dealer. It's good to know the NFA examiners are still working from home.

But speaking of - I've been building/acquiring uppers while quarantined in anticipation of that M16. So far (top to bottom), I built a 10.5" 300 blackout faux-dissipator-thing on a Brownells proto upper, built a complete Brownell's Proto upper with one of the blem barrels, found a Colt M16A1 reissue upper, and built an M16A1 from one of those beat-to-hell Malaysian parts kits that are floating around. The proto charging handle things are sweet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1441.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	322568

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Gonna be go time for cheap deals at some point.
    How's that working out for you?

Gonna do a couple retro A1 builds myself. Kits inbound and GM just did another run a pencil profile barrels.

Found some authentic marked lowers that are top shelf quality in the A1 config.
    watch out for snakes

I'm just glad I could help Jethro and Riser out.

Alright, I’m an AR newb, what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    A rear sight

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Look closlier...

If it was a snake, it'd bite your nose...

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    A rear sight
    Booooo!
    Booo this man!
    Booo!

Magpul Flip up arrived today and is inatalled✌️

Quote Originally Posted by scrambledbacon View Post
    Booooo!
    Booo this man!
    Booo!
    Hehehehehehehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    9mm carbine is always an appealing concept to me.
    Me too. So I picked up this CZ scorpion about a month ago. Couldn't really figure out a POU or good reason I should get one other than just fun for plinking and I have thousands of rounds of 9mm that are itchin to hit something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0452.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	516.1 KB 
ID:	322722   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	InkedIMG_0452_LI.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	322723  
    Last edited by Parvo; 03-28-2020 at 04:35 PM.

^^^^
    Ooooooh, I'm jelly

Quote Originally Posted by Woolie12 View Post
    How's that working out for you?
    Asset prices in recessions take months to come down. Happened last time. Will happen to an even greater degree this time... Especially once people stop feeling like they need to tactically defend their TP stash and start wondering where they get money to buy more TP without a job to go back to.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    That's a .44-40, but now I'm splitting hairs. Regardless, nearly any lever action made in .44-40 is also made in .44 mag, which is a far superior cartridge. So yeah.... .44 mag levers rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Me too. So I picked up this CZ scorpion about a month ago. Couldn't really figure out a POU or good reason I should get one other than just fun for plinking and I have thousands of rounds of 9mm that are itchin to hit something.
    That's cool. I don't have the coin. I'd like something.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by mangle View Post
    Had a suppressor approved today. No batch on my M16, though my next chance appears to be in a month. Didn't think to check the other form 4s with a different dealer. It's good to know the NFA examiners are still working from home.

But speaking of - I've been building/acquiring uppers while quarantined in anticipation of that M16. So far (top to bottom), I built a 10.5" 300 blackout faux-dissipator-thing on a Brownells proto upper, built a complete Brownell's Proto upper with one of the blem barrels, found a Colt M16A1 reissue upper, and built an M16A1 from one of those beat-to-hell Malaysian parts kits that are floating around. The proto charging handle things are sweet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1441.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	322568
    This is an addiction that doesn't end.

Next you need a dedicated upper to shoot .22lr 10" barrel, threaded for a suppressor. Mags.

Next you need a 9mm upper. And mag blocks for the magwell. Mags

Next you need a Diemaco LMG upper. Only about $3,500. Plus the open bolt kit. C-Mags. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/861886577
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post

Next you need a dedicated upper to shoot .22lr 10" barrel, threaded for a suppressor. Mags.

Next you need a Diemaco LMG upper. Only about $3,500. Plus the open bolt kit. C-Mags. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/861886577
    Speaking from experience?

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post

That's what I'm afraid of.

Any advice on the dedicated 22 (IIRC, you have an M16)? CMMG looks like a decent option with their sear trip/anti-bounce weight. It would be nice to run a normal hammer spring. They're the only remaining producer of the Ceiner-style setups?

On the 9mm - I was all set to buy a CMMG RDB setup for saving hammer pins and all, but the Angstadt MDP-9 looks really cool (roller-delayed upper - https://angstadtarms.com/mdp9/). They're supposedly shipping Q2 2020, which I guess is soon. I have plenty of the Glock 33 rounders.

That LMG is cool! So is the open-bolt mechanism. Belt-fed uppers seem like a lot of fun, but at that point, I might as well just buy a 1919? I was seriously considering an M2HB about a year ago until I decided I couldn't afford to feed it.

On the .22 stuff, I built my own with a Ciener kit. I don't know who is at the front of the game now. CCMG is usually good stuff. If you can find an old Spike's Tactical, it was supposedly good too.

9mm. I found an original Colt. DOE uppers are cool, but very expensive. Whatever you do, get a one piece mag block that drops in from the top. All others are a royal pain.

I never converted my M-16 over to an open bolt. It runs just fine otherwise. I use a hydraulic buffer to slow it down some.

I had one of the original Ares Defense--now Flightlight--.223 belt fed uppers. Never shot it. Flipped it and made some bucks. I hear they have the bugs worked out pretty well.

Lakeside made a belt fed .22 upper, but like all .22's in full auto, it was finickey. I never owned one of those.

And then there is the Freedom Arms 9mm belt fed upper. Know nothing about them.

Warning. Anything beltfed eats copious amounts of ammo. I've had three beltfeds total. They were big, klunky, crew served, and a pain in the ass to haul to the range. Had an MG-42, 1919, and an Maxim 08-15. Just not my thing.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Tacsol 22 uppers run good FA if they are clean. They get gross fast though. I love mine.

I dropped off a pile at the store this week to sell.
    ammo
    calico 22
    bushmaster acr
    sig 556
    sig mpx
    dd5v1 308
    bren 805 pistol

Before I leave, I see a nice 3 gun noveske ar15 with a Swarovski Z8i 1-8x24 4A-IF. Damn half the money is gone now and I have to bring back my 3 gun upper to sell.