Page 416 of 435 FirstFirst ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... LastLast
Results 10,376 to 10,400 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    What is that pistol?

Hella recoil. I know big rounds have more stopping power. But that would seem hard to control for personal defense.
    I’d rather be able to fire multiple smaller rounds than keep missing with high caliber recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    What is that pistol?

Hella recoil. I know big rounds have more stopping power. But that would seem hard to control for personal defense.
    I’d rather be able to fire multiple smaller rounds than keep missing with high caliber recoil.
    It's a 9mm Staccato C2. My kid was limp wristing it some. He's also pretty lanky.

That gun is actually really easy to shoot.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Anyone have a Franchi Affinity? Likes/dislikes

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Anyone have a Franchi Affinity? Likes/dislikes

Not personally but a few friends do. Great value for the money. Like a Benelli, there's a break in period (same action).
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Inbred Euro aristocracy...

Fabbrica d'Armi Pietro Beretta
    (Italian pronunciation: [ˈfabbrika ˈdarmi ˈpjɛːtro beˈretta]; "Pietro Beretta Weapon Factory") is a privately held Italian firearms manufacturing company operating in several countries. Its firearms are used worldwide for a variety of civilian, law enforcement, and military purposes. Sporting arms account for three-quarters of sales; Beretta is also known for marketing shooting clothes and accessories. Founded in the 16th century, Beretta is the oldest active manufacturer of firearm components in the world.[1] In 1526 its inaugural product was arquebus barrels; by all accounts Beretta-made barrels equipped the Venetian fleet at the Battle of Lepanto in 1571.[2] Beretta has supplied weapons for every major European war since 1650.[3]

Today, Fabbrica d'Armi Pietro Beretta (Beretta S.p.A.) is run by Franco Gussalli Beretta, President and CEO.[17]

The traditional father-to-son Beretta dynasty was interrupted when Ugo Gussalli Beretta assumed the firm's control; uncles Carlo and Giuseppe Beretta were childless; Ugo married into the Beretta family and adopted the last name Beretta. His sons are now direct descendants through their mother's side of the family.

Beretta is known for its broad range of firearms: side-by-side shotguns, over-and-under shotguns, semi-automatic shotguns, hunting rifles, express rifles, assault rifles, submachine guns, lever- and bolt-action rifles, single- and double-action revolvers and semi-automatic pistols.[18] The parent company, Beretta Holding, also owns Beretta USA, Benelli, Franchi, SAKO, Stoeger, Tikka, Uberti, and the Burris Optics company.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Not personally but a few friends do. Great value for the money. Like a Benelli, there's a break in period (same action).
    Yes

What are you using it for, everything, skeet, trap, upland, waterfowl? Is that your budget?

It will work fine for whatever.

Its better than a semi stoeger, (and my 1948 A5) but not as nice as a berretta or benelli.

I have a pre buyout over under franchi with 12 an 20 barrels I shoot upland with, over anything.

I've got the first gen Affinity in 20 ga. Very light, a nice pointing gun. I use it for wild birds without dogs, so we put in some miles in to get our birds. It would be great for Chukars.

This is from a Gray's sporting journal photo shoot, I was wearing my best Orvis gear for it.

Name:  44070915_2784684021557516_9095612775731822592_n.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  91.0 KB

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmm I love pheasant!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I don't understand how one can kill a fessant without modern combat ergonomics and lasers, or even without the aforementioned $2800 worth of clothes? Is the Sitka really that good? Or do Brotha Bandini just be hidin' a really nice watch under them gloves?

SRSLY a hunter/owner calling the Affinity a chukar gun is a damn high compliment to how light and quick it is, in case anyone doesn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    Yes

What are you using it for, everything, skeet, trap, upland, waterfowl? Is that your budget?

It will work fine for whatever.

Its better than a semi stoeger, (and my 1948 A5) but not as nice as a berretta or benelli.

I have a pre buyout over under franchi with 12 an 20 barrels I shoot upland with, over anything.
    Yeah upland and waterfowl mostly. Trying to spend under 1K. First shotgun purchase for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Yeah upland and waterfowl mostly. Trying to spend under 1K. First shotgun purchase for me.

You could do a lot worse for a first gun. Learn to disassemble it, clean and lube it. It's not as easy as an 870, but it's not hard, either. Don't use WD40 for lube. You can do a break in, but if you're feeding it full house loads right from the start, I don't think it's that necessary. If you're going to feed it light target loads, yeah you might want to go through a break in procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    You could do a lot worse for a first gun. Learn to disassemble it, clean and lube it. It's not as easy as an 870, but it's not hard, either. Don't use WD40 for lube. You can do a break in, but if you're feeding it full house loads right from the start, I don't think it's that necessary. If you're going to feed it light target loads, yeah you might want to go through a break in procedure.
    Isn't the same as a Benelli SBE? I've field stripped those in the blind. About as easy as it gets!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I use it for wild birds without dogs
    What's wrong with you?

Don't have a bird dog (shrug).

Don't have a bird dog (shrug).
    Spot/stalk'em with a 16lb laser .22 in a drag bag. Then headshot them like Modern Combat IV: Texas!

I'm not above sluicing birds.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    What's wrong with you?
    This.

Bird dogs make everything better. Like weed. Or lube.

I wouldn't be nearly as avid upland bird hunter as I am without my dogs. I also would likely lose a lot more birds without them as well.

When will there be mechanical AI bird dogs to fetch the fessentz?. Duck grabbing Drones. etc...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    This.

Bird dogs make everything better. Like weed. Or lube.
    Sage found an edible in the woods this weekend and got real fucked up for 12 hours. I’m not sure how much better that made my Sunday but I assume his was great.

I'm not above sluicing birds.
    Goddamnit, if it was good enough for Grandpa Fudd, Jack O'Connor, and Abraham Lincoln, it's just fine for me too!

Last edited by highangle; 07-12-2022 at 01:09 PM.

I'd love to hunt over dogs but a bird dog doesn't quite fit into the household at this time. Hell, if we had dogs we'd be limited in less than an hour up at my buddy's place.

We don't lose many birds, we take good shots and use the right chokes and ammo. More frustrating is knowing how many birds hold tight. You practically need to step on the old cocks to get them to flush.

Sage found an edible in the woods this weekend and got real fucked up for 12 hours. I’m not sure how much better that made my Sunday but I assume his was great.
    Oh boy.

I'd love to hunt over dogs but a bird dog doesn't quite fit into the household at this time. Hell, if we had dogs we'd be limited in less than an hour up at my buddy's place.

We don't lose many birds, we take good shots and use the right chokes and ammo. More frustrating is knowing how many birds hold tight. You practically need to step on the old cocks to get them to flush.
    Everyone loves a good jump scare.

He probably slept real well, though.