Page 327 of 435 FirstFirst ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

When my uncle was sent from NJ to Ga. in 1958 or so to hire blacks to work in a textile mill he slept with a pistol under his pillow. But his layout was different (2 floors, bedrooms upstairs) and his scenario was different. Crackers who threatened him would be drunk and loud on approach giving him time to react. My need is to blindly, in the dark and still in a sleep fog, be able to fill a 15' x 5' x 8' cube with hot lead death.

I really like that Remington. Just not sure of the close range shot pattern but maybe the shock and awe would make that moot. Trying to be tactical and practical. I'm on a fixed income. Not a dentist.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Pros and cons about the pistol grip vs standard stock?

First 10 secs of the vid makes me want and a little hawt.

What a surprise there is some kind of Nazi memorabilia sign on the door behind him
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Missed that. 50 years ago some vets would be looking to find and kill him if they saw that. That firepower wouldn't save him. OTOH, my wife's first cousin was in the SS. Lost on the Eastern Front. I'm sure there are good people on both sides. gag.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Nazi memorabilia
    Missed that
    Settle down.
    Name:  safetyrulesign.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  174.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Thanks. That's why I missed it, it wasn't there. Falling dead crow a nazi sign? Never saw that in all of my research. I have a nazi beer stein and I'm not a nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    What a surprise there is some kind of Nazi memorabilia sign on the door behind him
    Yep, just goes to show you can't fix stupid. Guess the Nazi's are the only ones that can use a bird as a symbol. You should stay out of this thread as your not smart enough to handle a weapon.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

I've always wondered if Hans made it through.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	287425

My need is to blindly, in the dark and still in a sleep fog, be able to fill a 15' x 5' x 8' cube with hot lead death.
    Shouldn't be too hard, as that's how most of your posts here read.

As to your question, lots of good quality and inexpensive shotguns can be had at your local gun show(s). I found a lovely Savage RXL 69 at the Del Mar show ten (10) or so years ago. Bought it from a guy who was the armorer for City of Orange PD. Paid $150.00. The gun was engineered for military/LE application, so easy to maneuver with and operate under close-quarter situations, and accepts both 2 3/4" and 3" shells.

Good luck, and don't shoot your eye out.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

God bless our founding fathers

watch out for snakes

My need is to blindly, in the dark and still in a sleep fog, be able to fill a 15' x 5' x 8' cube with hot lead death.
    Claymores ought to do that.. steel instead of lead, but still your best bet for that objective
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    My still-worthless opinion is that a shotgun is not a deathray, even with a short barrel. At self-defense distances you still have to aim the thing (see a couple pages back for a good graphic regarding the spread of various loads at various ranges). Aiming is impossible with a pistol grip. The only good reason I can think of to have a pistol grip (besides the fact that it certainly looks cool) is so that you can fit the whole thing down your pants when you go to knock over a 7-Eleven.
    thank you for that, I feel the same way, most people can't hit a standard piece of paper offhand with a 22 at 25 yards how are they going to one hand a 12 gauge with any sort of accuracy
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

"how are they going to one hand a 12 gauge with any sort of accuracy?"

From 10 feet in a 5' wide hallway. If I wanted to clear a room I'd choose a Thompson.

Makes too much sense.

Grab an 1887 Winchester replica (Chiappa) with chopped stock and mod'd trigger guard for the spin-cock. Bike not included.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    can't hit a standard piece of paper offhand with a 22 at 25 yards
    Amen. When someone asks me what gun to get for home defense, I give the answer I gave upthread -- but I also include the admonishment that if they're unwilling or unable to dedicate the 2 hours a month it will take to become comfortable and proficient with their choice of firearm, then they are not responsible enough to own the gun and should stick with a flashlight, pepperspray, a fully-charged cell phone, and a set of well-rehersed prayers.
    From 10 feet in a 5' wide hallway
    At 10 feet you're looking at a spread of ~4 inches. That's tiny. You still have to aim a shotgun as much as you do any other firearm. Which, at 10 feet (and closing) is just kinda sorta. More like "pointing" than "aiming". I'm not saying a shotgun is bad, I'm just saying its no better than a pistol. And, a shotgun has the downsides of having fewer rounds in the mag. And, a pistol-grip shotgun has the addition downside of being useless beyond 15 feet or so. But whatever, just put a fucking light on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    And furthermore, if anyone thinks they're going to shoot a round powerful enough for self-defense one-handed then they have very obviously never tried to shoot a shotgun one-handed. The recoil from even a full-size hunting gun with dove loads is a handful one-handed. A light-weight shotgun (which is a side effect of cutting off the barrel and the stock) loaded with buckshot one-handed is nearing impossible to control, and certainly not a wise choice when your life depends on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Good points. A longer stick in two hands will shoots straighter than a shorter stick with one hand IME. WTF is going on? My FB trumpster friends are sharing stupid 2nd Amendment posts today.

On my way to the Big Reno Gun Show. Looking for a USGI-speced M-14. Or at least a USGI parts kit. Wish me luck, Kiddies.

Ely, Nevada... I swore that I'd never spend a night here again. Some hot little Basque honnies running around, though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Ely Nevda. When the Mrs and me sold everything and moved west from NY to the mountains in our CRV we spent a night in Ely. Checked into an old cheap hotel with a cool balcony in town then drove out of town with some wine and pot to watch the full moon rise. Found a spot on side the of a dirt road, set up some lawn chairs and lit up and started drinking. Not 5 minutes later a Utility ATV started coming our way from the valley below. Wife started to freak as it got closer fast and ran to the car but I stayed put. Well the ATV was pulling a utility trailer and went by 10 feet from where I sat at 30 mph and throwing dust. He turned the corner and drove into the darkness and then stopped close enough that I could hear the engine idling. 20 seconds went by and then he let out some fierce war hoops and howls. I jumped up, grabbed the chairs the wine and the pipe, tossed them in the car and we took off in a cloud of dust like the Duke Boys running from Boss Hogg.

Thanks for tripping a memory. Wife is laughing too.

We the People Holsters - Made in In Vegas - Call them on their TFN - 38$

I like It. Satisfies my ego and insecurites just fine.

Name:	66015954_3044894335538324_4897839082106781696_o.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	398.8 KB 
ID:	288032
    Last edited by MTT; 07-08-2019 at 01:33 PM.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    On my way to the Big Reno Gun Show. Looking for a USGI-speced M-14. Or at least a USGI parts kit. Wish me luck, Kiddies.

Ely, Nevada... I swore that I'd never spend a night here again. Some hot little Basque honnies running around, though.

Also look for an older rifle built on a GI forged receiver.
    watch out for snakes

Name:	IMG_0961.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	288040
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Also look for an older rifle built on a GI forged receiver.
    Found one! Built on a Gunworks of Lower Alabama forged receiver with Bula, SAI, and H&R parts on a USGI fiberglass stock. Very happy!

Start of a great trip! After Reno, spent a couple days in Auburn running some sections of the W$ 100 course, and now in the East Bay (Oakland) sipping beer, waiting for Little Viva to get off work so we can go for dinner.

Good times!

Daniel Ortega eats here.

Just back from the Gun Range.

Then I dropped the Pistol oof at the gun Smith to install the TriGlo Sights I have been carrying around the past week

Name:	66251524_3057132050981219_5138614162741526528_o.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	172.1 KB 
ID:	288066
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

GUNS!!!!!!!!

Big deal. My strap has night sights

Boomboom. Doupletapped
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Name:	IMG_1886.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	288077

Stole another gen 2 19. This one is sweet. 1990 gun with original internals. Most were replaced in a 1991 recall. Original mags and a rare 1988 manual that was not used before.

I doubled my money walking out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums