Page 393 of 435 FirstFirst ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,825 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    The bottom of the market is overpriced but the top of the market has some deals out there.

Also if 80% lowers are illegal now, are we going to 79% lowers now?

Biden announces plans to "ban" braced pistols. ATF has waffled on these forever, and backed off the most recent attempt to declare one improper.

Amazingly enough, the 6th Circuit whacked Trump's bump-stock ban. Wonder if Slo-Jo's executive proclamations will face the same scrutiny?
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Biden announces plans to "ban" braced pistols. ATF has waffled on these forever, and backed off the most recent attempt to declare one improper.

Amazingly enough, the 6th Circuit whacked Trump's bump-stock ban. Wonder if Slo-Jo's executive proclamations will face the same scrutiny?
    It makes sense. No braces = everyone will miss. Collateral damage only.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Hey all non-librodouches
    This thread should have been dumped into PolyAss over 13 years ago.

Biden announces plans......

.....Slo-Jo's executive proclamations will.......
    And with a slur directed at our President, TNKen just got this thread sent to PolyAss for certain.

I’m not anti-gun, hell I posted stoke in this thread last summer hosting the Big Sky All-Maggot Shootfest, attended by mags from Montana, Jackson, and Colorado. Fun time, we shot guns and never talked politics.

Welcome to PolyAss thanks to people who don’t seem to be able to separate politics from shooting.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Years ago this thread was moved to PoliAss and some of the collective went apeshit saying "we should be able to have a non-political thread to discuss our guns in the Padded Room" and so it was moved back.

That does not mean this thread is a little haven for people to get their politics on in the Padded Room. So I would ask the people in this thread to respect that and police yourselves. If you want to get political and discuss gun politics and policies, you know where to go. TNKen, you are smart enough to understand that and see that your post is way over that line.

As mods, we've not yet found the happy medium between moving threads, which some people view as "punishing" all the people participating in a thread (and gives one person or a small group of people the power to "move" a thread even if most of the people respect the lines), or deleting specific posts and issuing warnings to specific offenders, which is way more fucking work -- and unpleasant as hell work -- than any of us signed up for. Not having to find that happy medium because the board respects the distinction between inflamed politics and chill discussion is what we're hoping for. Please don't make us have to choose.
    Beneficent Oversight Committee Member.

GUNS!!!!!!!!

The Mod Team?

Name:  Image1618011000.136415.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  86.2 KB
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/31/when-t...hool-was-cool/

Even in New York City, virtually every public high school had a shooting club up until 1969,” gun-rights advocate and academic John Lott Jr. wrote in his 2003 book, “The Bias Against Guns.”

“It was common for high school students to take their guns with them to school on the subways in the morning and turn them over to their home-room teacher or the gym coach so the heavy guns would simply be out of the way. After school, students would pick up their guns when it was time for practice.”

Carry on carrying on or cunting. Guns aren’t the problem. Civility is.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    https://nypost.com/2018/03/31/when-t...hool-was-cool/

Even in New York City, virtually every public high school had a shooting club up until 1969,” gun-rights advocate and academic John Lott Jr. wrote in his 2003 book, “The Bias Against Guns.”

“It was common for high school students to take their guns with them to school on the subways in the morning and turn them over to their home-room teacher or the gym coach so the heavy guns would simply be out of the way. After school, students would pick up their guns when it was time for practice.”

Carry on carrying on or cunting. Guns aren’t the problem. Civility is.
    Good point. We were so civil in 1969.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    This thread should have been dumped into PolyAss over 13 years ago.

And with a slur directed at our President, TNKen just got this thread sent to PolyAss for certain.

I’m not anti-gun, hell I posted stoke in this thread last summer hosting the Big Sky All-Maggot Shootfest, attended by mags from Montana, Jackson, and Colorado. Fun time, we shot guns and never talked politics.

Welcome to PolyAss thanks to people who don’t seem to be able to separate politics from shooting.

Take it easy, Francis.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

GUNS!!!!!!!!

So weird how all the political cunting in this thread went unchecked the last 4 yrs, including cunts telling others to shoot themselves, but now we’re not supposed to comment on regulation that actually applies to the content of the thread.

What’s changed? I haven’t been watching the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    Good point. We were so civil in 1969.

...In 1969, the FBI declared the Black Panthers a communist organization and an enemy of the United States government. The first FBI’s first director, J. Edgar Hoover, in 1968 called the Black Panthers, “One of the greatest threats to the nation’s internal security.”

The FBI worked to weaken the Panthers by exploited existing rivalries between black nationalist groups. They also worked to undermine and dismantle the Free Breakfast for Children Program and other community social programs instituted by the Black Panthers.

In 1969, Chicago police gunned down and killed Black Panther Party members Fred Hampton and Mark Clark, who were asleep in their apartment.

About a hundred bullets were fired in what police described as a fierce gun battle with members of the Black Panther Party. However, ballistics experts later determined that only one of those bullets came from the Panthers’ side.

Although the FBI was not responsible for leading the raid, a federal grand jury later indicated that the bureau played a significant role in the events leading up to the raid.

...The Black Panther Party officially dissolved in 1982.

https://www.history.com/topics/civil...black-panthers

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    So weird how all the political cunting in this thread went unchecked the last 4 yrs, including cunts telling others to shoot themselves, but now we’re not supposed to comment on regulation that actually applies to the content of the thread.

What’s changed? I haven’t been watching the news.

Yea, this is weird, honesty. I fucking hated trump, but years of badmouthing him were absolutely fine but tn ken gets a talking to for saying slo jo? Are you so scared of the republicans you gotta put bidens dick in your mouths like you can trust him? Insane.

God forbid we talk about the legal situation actually directly pertaining to our hobby that is the topic of this thread.

God forbid anyone notices or says anything while we descend into tyranny, but yea, keeping all the vibes positive and conformist to the groupthink on a first world ski message board so narcissists who can't take anyone being different than them can feel safe is pretty important too.

The shit that went unmoderated here for years makes me ask the same question, has something changed, or is it just about rights that ranks in a different hierarchy of priority than you?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post

...In 1969, the FBI declared the Black Panthers a communist organization and an enemy of the United States government. The first FBI’s first director, J. Edgar Hoover, in 1968 called the Black Panthers, “One of the greatest threats to the nation’s internal security.”

The FBI worked to weaken the Panthers by exploited existing rivalries between black nationalist groups. They also worked to undermine and dismantle the Free Breakfast for Children Program and other community social programs instituted by the Black Panthers.

In 1969, Chicago police gunned down and killed Black Panther Party members Fred Hampton and Mark Clark, who were asleep in their apartment.

About a hundred bullets were fired in what police described as a fierce gun battle with members of the Black Panther Party. However, ballistics experts later determined that only one of those bullets came from the Panthers’ side.

Although the FBI was not responsible for leading the raid, a federal grand jury later indicated that the bureau played a significant role in the events leading up to the raid.

...The Black Panther Party officially dissolved in 1982.

https://www.history.com/topics/civil...black-panthers
    Fuck.
    If only the black panthers were around, crazy white kids on psych drugs wouldn’t shoot up the schools.
    . . .

GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Take it easy, Francis.
    Too bad you weren’t at the Rainbow Lodge during the Big Sky All-Maggot ShootFest, which was just a short ways away. The muzzle blast from MiCol’s short barrel 338 Win Mag would have knocked you out of bed.

So weird how all the political cunting in this thread went unchecked the last 4 yrs
    Nothing changed in the last 4 years, this thread went PolyAss over 13 years ago.

but now we’re not supposed to comment on regulation that actually applies to the content of the thread.
    Quit being a snowflake. No one said anything remotely like that.

Example Of An Acceptable Post For The Padded Room

“On December 18, 2018 the President of the United States, Donald J Trump, signed an Executive Order banning bump stocks on semi-automatic rifles.”

Example Of An Unacceptable Post That Should Be In PolyAss

“That orange skinned fucktard violated the 2nd Amendment!!!!! Next thing he will ban all our gunzz!!!!”

Lots of good info in this thread, and some fun Stoke. Just keep it respectful. Absolutely zero reason to have politics in this thread. ShootFest was a ton of fun, nobody talked politics, no reason to.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Yea, this is weird, honesty. I fucking hated trump, but years of badmouthing him were absolutely fine but tn ken gets a talking to for saying slo jo? Are you so scared of the republicans you gotta put bidens dick in your mouths like you can trust him? Insane.

God forbid we talk about the legal situation actually directly pertaining to our hobby that is the topic of this thread.

God forbid anyone notices or says anything while we descend into tyranny, but yea, keeping all the vibes positive and conformist to the groupthink on a first world ski message board so narcissists who can't take anyone being different than them can feel safe is pretty important too.

The shit that went unmoderated here for years makes me ask the same question, has something changed, or is it just about rights that ranks in a different hierarchy of priority than you?
    You don’t say Karen? You sound like some angst ridden millennial hipster. There is no tyranny, just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You don’t say Karen? You sound like some angst ridden millennial hipster. There is no tyranny, just common sense.

We are objectively headed towards authoritarianism, both domestically and globally. The UN recently said their official analysis says India is now as much of a democracy as Pakistan. India was the world's largest. It's not just about guns.

But ok ya don't want to ruin the positive vibes on the ski message board. Everyone thinks their speed is common sense on the highway and anyone slower is stupid and anyone faster is crazy. The phrase common sense is a passive aggressive characterization as anyone who disagrees with you as crazy which is a sign of insecurity in one's own beliefs. People who are secure in their beliefs confront the strongest version of ideas that challenge those beliefs, not the weakest. Have fun with your self aggrandizement.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Too bad you weren’t at the Rainbow Lodge during the Big Sky All-Maggot ShootFest, which was just a short ways away. The muzzle blast from MiCol’s short barrel 338 Win Mag would have knocked you out of bed.

Nothing changed in the last 4 years, this thread went PolyAss over 13 years ago.

Quit being a snowflake. No one said anything remotely like that.

Example Of An Acceptable Post For The Padded Room

“On December 18, 2018 the President of the United States, Donald J Trump, signed an Executive Order banning bump stocks on semi-automatic rifles.”

Example Of An Unacceptable Post That Should Be In PolyAss

“That orange skinned fucktard violated the 2nd Amendment!!!!! Next thing he will ban all our gunzz!!!!”

Lots of good info in this thread, and some fun Stoke. Just keep it respectful. Absolutely zero reason to have politics in this thread. ShootFest was a ton of fun, nobody talked politics, no reason to.

This is a pretty good standard I think. I don't make fun of trivial things about politicians it's pretty pointless, especially exchanging insults about politicians is so stupid. Respect for theperson you are talking to as well as just everyone is more productive and easier than otherwise.

However, using executive actions to curtail the bill of rights is absolutely a game changing moment that I feel like should have a big deal being made about it, regardless of your stance on gun control. Seems like a bigger deal than obeying the rules on a ski forum, but again, respect is cool.

While I agree with many if the political sentiments in this thread, I don't want to read about politics here.

How about we all keep 2A politics in Polyass and keep stoke and what not here?

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    We are objectively headed towards authoritarianism, both domestically and globally. The UN recently said their official analysis says India is now as much of a democracy as Pakistan. India was the world's largest. It's not just about guns.

But ok ya don't want to ruin the positive vibes on the ski message board. Everyone thinks their speed is common sense on the highway and anyone slower is stupid and anyone faster is crazy. The phrase common sense is a passive aggressive characterization as anyone who disagrees with you as crazy which is a sign of insecurity in one's own beliefs. People who are secure in their beliefs confront the strongest version of ideas that challenge those beliefs, not the weakest. Have fun with your self aggrandizement.
    This post is so full of shit. No substance. It’s almost like you vomited on your keyboard. You’re trying way to hard to sound smart and enlightened. It’s a theme with your posting, in this thread and others. You should try and get your point across in a concise manner.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    This post is so full of shit. No substance. It’s almost like you vomited on your keyboard. You’re trying way to hard to sound smart and enlightened. It’s a theme with your posting, in this thread and others. You should try and get your point across in a concise manner.

I explore ideas I find worth exploring and pursue learning. People who perceive others as being primarily motivated by how they appear to strangers are quite strange to me and I think are themselves highly narcissistic, being unable to conceive of anyone else's motivations being different than that.

Highly narcisstic people also get mad when someone has an idea they didn't have first. Ya know, who do they think they are trying to be so impressive with them big words and ideas and shit? It's pathetic you are bothered by this, and you should be embarrassed by showing your insecurities like this publicly. Any grown ass adult just ignores someone they think tries to hard to impress others. Getting mad at seeing that in someone else is not a good look, you should try and grow out of that shit. You're just butt hurt I have the arrogance to use a big word or something. Honestly I care so little about what esteem you hold me in that I forget there are bitter little turds like you that get butthurt about such things.

You are right I could be more concise. I'm devastated by your criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    While I agree with many if the political sentiments in this thread, I don't want to read about politics here.

How about we all keep 2A politics in Polyass and keep stoke and what not here?
    Yea, I can respect this. I guess I feel like there are many venues to discuss politics in a uselessly acrimonious debating with argumentative close minded people addicted to their confirmation bias kind of way and view polyasshat as pretty much that, while places for reasonable people to respectfully discuss very real things going on these days in the interest of learning perspectives different than their own and perhaps forming consensus are pretty fucking few and far between. Seems to me most folks attitude is either lets argue or I'm going to stick my head in the sand and enjoy my hobbies.

Perhaps this isn't the place. I've already been kinda argumentative in this thread recently, and while some was just for shiggles, this is actually something I reflect on and struggle to feel great about.

GUNS!!!!!!!!

Two posts proving my point. Just stick to gun stoke Plato
    Nothing I posted would indicate that I’m angry or Butthurt. I was just pointing out that you repeatedly bloviate like this in different threads and don’t really say anything. These last two posts are basically an indictment of yourself. Read them again and think how they might apply to yourself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P229.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	371196

.40 s&w. $369.00 back a whole two years ago when they were basically giving police trade ins away. No frame wear and smooth like a Cadillac.

Leavenworth Skier started a non-political gun thread in Tech Talk back when this thread was moved to PolyAss.

His intention was that thread would become the main thread for gun enthusiasts and let this thread wallow in PolyAss.

I thought LeavenworthSkier’s thread was a good one, here is the link

Gun Tech Talk
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=319753