Page 334 of 435 FirstFirst ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,350 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

We should ban cars because of drunk drivers.

You do not need a high performance car to do anything.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    From your own posts about your alcohol and depression issues. Adding guns to that equation is bad news.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You obviously need another hobby, where you can get outside away from the computer.

Have you considered recreational pistol shooting?

I can see you need help. I am a member at one of the local gun clubs here in reno. I can bring in guests at no charge.

Most of the instructors are moonlighting peace officers.

I'll take you there. It will change your'e life, maybe bring you some joy.

But sadly it won't make your'e dick any bigger/
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

“Five men tried to rob a young woman this morning. They didn’t expect her to grab her handgun and fire. Today, she is unharmed, and at least one suspect is shot.”

https://abc13.com/amp/woman-shoots-m...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    We should ban cars because of drunk drivers.

You do not need a high performance car to do anything.
    Or ban alcohol cuz that worked so well last time.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    The result is a high density of gun ownership that has been statistically shown to create less safety, not more (accidents, civil/social violence, and suicide end up being more prevalent in places with more guns).
    Actually, the statistics do NOT back this up sir. Quite the opposite is true in fact. States with higher gun ownership and less "gun control" measures ARE safer states, and the statistics back THAT up. As an example, here is a chart from the FBI Uniform Crime reports in 1998, 2011, 2014 and 2017, comparing violent crime in the Northeast:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gun-muder-new-england-states.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	293061
    Massachusetts, which has - by FAR - the strictest gun laws and fewest amount of guns, is actually the most dangerous place to live in New England. NH, VT, Maine - which have almost NO gun control measures (constitutional carry) are much safer places to live. Pulling the zoom out of the northeast, the 31 states in the USA that have “shall issue” laws allowing private citizens to carry concealed weapons have, on average, a 24 percent lower violent crime rate, a 19 percent lower murder rate and a 39 percent lower robbery rate than states that forbid concealed weapons. In fact, the nine states with the lowest violent crime rates are all right-to-carry states. You are incorrect in your assertion that higher gun ownership reduces safety.

Guns are used for self-defense more than 2 million times a year, three to five times the estimated number of violent crimes committed with guns.

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013...ublic-unaware/
    https://www.cato.org/publications/co...yths-realities
    https://goal.org/Documents/2018-MA-report.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Pretty sure he is in top ten of peoples ignore list.
    Harry?

Nah. Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

See what I mean.

The last tournament I was in I started off kinda bad. but by the 4 stage I was in the fucking zone! And then I got D Fucking Qed for breaking the 180 rule. - shooting a target at my 3 Oclock.

I need to really practice my movements. Moving around, keeping the gun pointed the right direction while focusing on the next set of targets. Swapping out mags while on the run. Shooting while walking across a field of fire.

Hey if I put a bunch of blue tape boxes on the driveway and and start running between them dry firing my tricked out 45. Ejecting empty mags and ramming in new ones. Until I'm all sweaty and exhausted.

You think my trailer trash neighbors will mind?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Lol the drunk mother fucker says gun ranges are the safest place on the planet.

Even a child knows that is wildly untrue.

Drunk rehab. Google it for any town in America. It will be your safe space
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Alcohol + guns + this kind of crazy = bad outcome.

Awesome description of a Typical Public official or Veteran Cop.

But hey, we don't want to stereotype people Right?
    Mentally ill post.
    Zone Controller

MTT is a waking psyop

This dumb bastard calls cops peace officers.
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Actually, the statistics do NOT back this up
    You're incorrect & your citations are misleading, but I'm not going to start a long pedantic back/forth in the GUNS thread to battle this out with you guys here. If you want, we can do that in a separate thread, and leave this thread for advice/pictures & general gun nerdery

i came here because i'd like to hear what the denizens of this thread say; one person has replied

"do you aspire to living in a prevalently armed society?"
    not: is this what i'm prepared to do? but rather, given choices, what would you prefer?

Diamond joe is jerking off to a bad faith straw man
    Zone Controller

You're incorrect & your citations are misleading, but I'm not going to start a long pedantic back/forth in the GUNS thread to battle this out with you guys here. If you want, we can do that in a separate thread, and leave this thread for advice/pictures & general gun nerdery

i came here because i'd like to hear what the denizens of this thread say; one person has replied

"do you aspire to living in a prevalently armed society?"
    not: is this what i'm prepared to do? but rather, given choices, what would you prefer?
    I'm from Canuckistan, yes, I'd like to live in a prevalently armed society especially if the only armed people are criminals or the gov't.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Ahhhh the smell of fear.

Is an ak47 an assault rifle?
    Zone Controller

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Actually, the statistics do NOT back this up sir. Quite the opposite is true in fact. States with higher gun ownership and less "gun control" measures ARE safer states, and the statistics back THAT up. As an example, here is a chart from the FBI Uniform Crime reports in 1998, 2011, 2014 and 2017, comparing violent crime in the Northeast:

Name:	gun-muder-new-england-states.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	293061
    Massachusetts, which has - by FAR - the strictest gun laws and fewest amount of guns, is actually the most dangerous place to live in New England. NH, VT, Maine - which have almost NO gun control measures (constitutional carry) are much safer places to live. Pulling the zoom out of the northeast, the 31 states in the USA that have “shall issue” laws allowing private citizens to carry concealed weapons have, on average, a 24 percent lower violent crime rate, a 19 percent lower murder rate and a 39 percent lower robbery rate than states that forbid concealed weapons. In fact, the nine states with the lowest violent crime rates are all right-to-carry states. You are incorrect in your assertion that higher gun ownership reduces safety.

Guns are used for self-defense more than 2 million times a year, three to five times the estimated number of violent crimes committed with guns.

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013...ublic-unaware/
    https://www.cato.org/publications/co...yths-realities
    https://goal.org/Documents/2018-MA-report.pdf
    You know what else looks a lot like this chart with states ranked? Suicides and accidental gun injuries..

As for cars, I'll be all for banning cars since they produce so little utility and productivity value to society. They won't be missed for any important reasons..

Guns have their place, at home, hunting and the range. If you have a dangerous job or a documented stalker, restraining orders. etc then ya CCW makes sense. If you're afraid to go to McDonalds after dark in the poor part of town just don't go there..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Imagine a world where a huge corporation sells guns and ammunition at a huge discount,
    They undercut the pricing so deep that all independent gun stores shutter. 95% of independent gun stores go out of business.

Then they very publicly demonize gun owners. stop selling cheap guns and ammunition

Really?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post

Only if it is selective fire, if it is semi auto then no.

Same for the AKM.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    I'm from Canuckistan, yes, I'd like to live in a prevalently armed society especially if the only armed people are criminals or the gov't.
    my first response is "well played"

but then not sure how serious...

You're incorrect & your citations are misleading, but I'm not going to start a long pedantic back/forth in the GUNS thread to battle this out with you guys here. If you want, we can do that in a separate thread, and leave this thread for advice..
    No, YOU'RE incorrect, but its a typical leftist response, to willfully ignore statistics and facts that don't corroborate one's own deep seated beliefs of what is "true".

You are correct about one thing, this is not the place to be debating it, and I'm sorry I took the bait.

and to answer you question, sure I'd love to live in Shangri-la where violence doesn't exist and everyone gets along with everyone and there is nothing but peace and love but REALITY is that there are criminals and violence and mental illness everywhere in the world, as there has been throughout the course of human history.

and waxman answered it just as well as I could. Lets take all the guns away so that only the government and criminals have them. Great idea

No, YOU'RE incorrect, but its a typical leftist response, to willfully ignore statistics and facts that don't corroborate one's own deep seated beliefs of what is "true".

You are correct about one thing, this is not the place to be debating it, and I'm sorry I took the bait.

and to answer you question, sure I'd love to live in Shangri-la where violence doesn't exist and everyone gets along with everyone and there is nothing but peace and love but REALITY is that there are criminals and violence and mental illness everywhere in the world, as there has been throughout the course of human history.

and waxman answered it just as well as I could. Lets take all the guns away so that only the government and criminals have them. Great idea
    was that so hard?
    maybe someone else will address the question too

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Imagine a world where a huge corporation sells guns and ammunition at a huge discount,
    They undercut the pricing so deep that all independent gun stores shutter. 95% of independent gun stores go out of business.

Then they very publicly demonize gun owners. stop selling cheap guns and ammunition

Really?
    Really what?

Gunfags are simply sick in the head and out of control. Nothing matters more than a metal dick and a far fetched home invasion fantasy.
    Zone Controller

Your dumb charts obscured the obvious and created a very thin straw man
    Zone Controller

Hey look TGR is advertising the safest place on earth, local to me

Name:	IMG_1196.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	821.0 KB 
ID:	293065
    Zone Controller

DD, I'd rather be a "gunfag" than just a regular faggot like yourself. Just saying

If you'd ever actually GO to a range and introduce yourself and hang around for a bit, you'd find that the "gunfags" you love to demean are actually a segment of society that is hard working, humble, honest, generous, kind, law-abiding, family-oriented and generally squared away in life. Much moreso than society in general. Gun people are good people. Its the .001% who arent who give us all a bad name.