Page 354 of 435 FirstFirst ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... LastLast
Results 8,826 to 8,850 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Got a Sig P320 X5 Legion in 9mm.

It is worth the hype...ridiculously fun to shoot. I also have a P320 in .45ACP which is great, but the X5 Legion is like driving a Ferrari.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    They don't make a iwb for my sig p938. I have just been carrying it in my waste band seems fine I guess.
    Jesus fuck! Dude get yourself an IWB Kydex holster not some leather fudd rig either. You can get them as low as 18 bucks for your model.
    Training for Alpental

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100629075_10157605905409125_5003518414577205248_o.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	330031

Just a filthy Glock.
    Training for Alpental

Nioce!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100629075_10157605905409125_5003518414577205248_o.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	330031

Just a filthy Glock.
    Anyone carrying a 10MM for a woods gun and do you have a mounted light on it? If so, any suggestions for a model?

I drew Wyoming Unit 51 for elk archery and picked up a Glock 20 to carry with bear spray. I am trying to determine if a mounted light would be beneficial. If hiking out or in when it is dark out, I imagine I would strap my bow to my pack to have two hands free, but could certainly see the benefit of a combined unit.

Also, I am not planning on upgrading the barrel to be able to shoot the hardened rounds. Is the Underwood Xtreme Penetrator my best 10MM option?
    Last edited by gretch6364; 06-01-2020 at 01:45 PM.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Are you wearing a headlamp?

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Are you wearing a headlamp?
    Yes, but it doesn't have a very long beam or focus, which is partly why I was thinking of something with a more focused light versus a flood light would be best. I don't have any experience with gun lights to know which are more focused long beams and which are flood type lights for lighting up a room in a defense situation, etc.

Thanks
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Personally, I'd go with bear spray. Your guide will have a sidearm and unless you are pretty versed at shooting moving targets in the dark, you're going to do more harm than good.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Personally, I'd go with bear spray. Your guide will have a sidearm and unless you are pretty versed at shooting moving targets in the dark, you're going to do more harm than good.
    I will not have a guide, and as mentioned, I will also have bear spray. Any mounted light suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I will not have a guide, and as mentioned, I will also have bear spray. Any mounted light suggestions?
    My bad. I thought 51 was guided only. I have a Streamlight TLR-1 light on my P320 .45acp and it's heavy as shit. That said, they're almost all "spot light" oriented and not so much flood light style, and you can adjust the beam on many of them. They're powerful lights for their size. And I know you mentioned it, but I've never heard of anyone carrying both bear spray and a sidearm. You going akimbo on that shit?

My bad. I thought 51 was guided only. I have a Streamlight TLR-1 light on my P320 .45acp and it's heavy as shit. That said, they're almost all "spot light" oriented and not so much flood light style, and you can adjust the beam on many of them. They're powerful lights for their size. And I know you mentioned it, but I've never heard of anyone carrying both bear spray and a sidearm. You going akimbo on that shit?
    Unit 51 is east of the park and west of Cody. For non-residents, you cannot hunt the wilderness area without a guide, however, there is plenty of woods still to hunt. I believe this is the unit Uptain was attacked in and this spring, someone shed hunting was attacked in one of the drainages we will be hunting. It is legit grizz country.

Bear spray is extremely light and easy to carry, so no reason not to have it. A pistol in this type of area, when many many miles back has a lot of use when you are bow hunting. My hunting partner will also be carrying spray and a 10MM.

What do you do after your bear spray is gone? What if you fall on it and break something, or what if a lion stalks you? I don't typically carry a gun during archery in Colorado or New Mexico, but this unit is a bit different and I see no reason not to have both (other then weight).

You can use a regular flashlight with a hand gun, you have to know how to hold it and practice shooting it that way.

Basically you rest one wrist, gun hand, on top of wrist with the light in a cross pattern. It’s how they did it before lights were small enough to mount to a weapon.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    You can use a regular flashlight with a hand gun, you have to know how to hold it and practice shooting it that way.

Basically you rest one wrist, gun hand, on top of wrist with the light in a cross pattern. It’s how they did it before lights were small enough to mount to a weapon.
    I think I should probably just go ask on Rokslide. I figured there would be some mags that live in bear country and had some good suggestions for a mounted light. I am not going to carry two headlamps (always have a backup in the BC) and a flashlight that I can only hold cross wrist when my bow is on my back.

This isn't some 2 mile hike on a trail in TNP. This is carrying elk meat on your back through grizzly country, bushwacking ridge lines, etc. potentially 5 to 10 miles..and no, I don't carry meat on my back in grizzly country at night, etc. This is a gun thread...not bear safety while archery hunting...lol

If you are using a 10mm, make sure you get full strength loads. When they first came out, they were hammers. As in breaking frame hammers. When some of the folks in various federal agencies complained, they backed down the power factor.

Older article on the subject, but a good read.

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/07/0...-ammo-finally/
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

GUNS!!!!!!!!

ok boys

I’m looking for a workingman’s handgun

simple basic reliable

nothing fancy but nothing shitty

I’ve shot a lot in the past but don’t have anything at the moment

9-10mm

I have smaller hands - medium gloves

what’s a good value?

I’m in CA

I have had a S&W .45 revolver and a Taurus 9mm in the past but that’s been 20 years
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

CZ P0-1 or CZ Compact. The former used to be available in Kalifornia, don't know 'bout the later.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Full, compact or sub compact?

I dunno you tell me

how about a Springfield .45?

I shoot my 1911 best, but that’s just me. Shoot some and see for yourself.

First off, go to a gun forum for your info and gtfo of commiefornia.

Look at police trade in guns, most are used but well maintained and low in round counts. Revolvers are fine if you know what to look for. Semi autos will be ok but Cali has some of the worst gun laws in the world and the mag capacity will be low.

Newer semi autos sometimes have adjustable grips which may help with your hand fit. You have to look at how you want to use a weapon also and be honest with yourself about what it’s for.
    watch out for snakes

Where are all the gun control ranters?
    watch out for snakes

GUNS!!!!!!!!

I've never heard of anyone carrying both bear spray and a sidearm.
    You obviously have not seen the SW Montana thread in the past two weeks. Major topic of conversation here on TGR since we had had a DH MTBer mauled by a Grizzly right in a residential area here in Big Sky.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Harry; 06-02-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Hippies with guns. You need to move to VT. That's our thing. As far as what pistol to get, you want the one that goes bang.

does it come in red?