Page 191 of 435 FirstFirst ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

What do you think of the TRP vs the Pro? I've always wanted a Pro and love my TRP.

And is that group off a bench or something? On second thought, is that the factory test target they supply? Either way, very impressive group.

Quote Originally Posted by mangle View Post
    What do you think of the TRP vs the Pro? I've always wanted a Pro and love my TRP.

And is that group off a bench or something? On second thought, is that the factory test target they supply? Either way, very impressive group.
    HOLY SHIT I love those Pro Operators. I've never heard of anyone having a problem with a Pro-rail or no rail. Had several friends who carried them for work. Not the case with TRP's. I bought two TRP's. One regular and one Operator. Never could get the regular one to run reliably. Tried lots of things. Sold it. The Operator took a little work, but now it runs flawlessly. I wish I would've just saved a bit more money and been a bit more patient and grabbed a couple of Pros. If you already have a TRP that you like and it runs well for you, I don't see a huge reason to buy a Pro.
    Full disclosure: I bought those guns over ten years ago and can't really speak to the current SA production guns. My guess is the Pro is at least as good as it once was, and the TRP's have probably improved.
    On another note, I have a good friend who is a fairly well respected gunsmith and besides Colts, SA's are the only other 1911 he'll work on. He says the current production Colt Rail gun is one of the best 1911's he's seen out of the box. FWIW.

These are my targets, the Springfield don't come with targets.
    TRP and Pro are not in the same area code.
    The Pro will outshoot the TRP everytime.
    I have had no problems with the TRP, but I have installed a new ignition set, and bushing to get it close to where I want.
    So for what I have in the TRP, I could have bought another Valor, and been way ahead.
    The Valor will keep up with the Pro anytime, so I would tell you to get a Valor if you cannot get a PRO.
    I wanted a Pro, because its a Pro, but dollar for dollar, you cannot beat a Valor..
    I only have the Railed Pro because that is what they had, I prefer without..
    I have 2 Les Baers coming so I will be able to race horse to horse.
    But, I will tell you sometimes you get lucky.
    Some pics below are with a Para that cost 399.00, plus bushing, and ignition set, so 500.00. Look at the targets and tell me she wont keep up with the big dogs.

Deep,
    I have a few of the Colts, and yes they are shooters.

Last edited by LeeC; 02-17-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Sorry if the Pics are so big, most sites downsize.
    If too big let me know, and Ill delete.
    Obligatory Wesson Pic

3 sub-$600 guns.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170218_081603.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	869.6 KB 
ID:	200303
    8" .300 BLK Pistol I put together with random parts from employees and friends. Gonna host my .30 Cal Omega once that clears ATF purgatory. KAC Barrel and BCG.

Name:	AK47.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	200306
    WASR 10 with Magpul furniture, Custom paint job by one of my employees.

Name:	ar15.jpg 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	200307

Random mismatch parts build. PSA upper, Midwest Rail, Vortex Dot, Anderson Lower, Magpul furniture and sling.

How far away could I stand from my target and reliably kill someone with one of those?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    How far away could I stand from my target and reliably kill someone with one of those?
    definitely really far

Stick with your illegal Short Barreled Shotgun, wooley.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    definitely really far
    Not as far as my bolt action hunting rifles.

It's an antique .22. Only makes a small hole and so not really up to the task. I'd have to stick it right in my victim's ear. I just ordered a V-42 for close ups like that to use as a finisher. I'd like something that would work from 20 yards or so that I could spray a little.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Got a 229 Legion.

So I made friends with a couple of the guys at Sig Optics and got the chance to try out a few of their products--their basic range finder, a few of their rifle scopes and their thermal.

I have to say, as dubious as I was, those guys are not fucking around. I can't say best in class because I haven't had a chance to beat it up in the field for a season but at first glance, they're in the conversation. That range finder is stupid-fast.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    So I made friends with a couple of the guys at Sig Optics and got the chance to try out a few of their products--their basic range finder, a few of their rifle scopes and their thermal.

I have to say, as dubious as I was, those guys are not fucking around. I can't say best in class because I haven't had a chance to beat it up in the field for a season but at first glance, they're in the conversation. That range finder is stupid-fast.
    I almost went with the Sig Kilo 2000 as Cabelas has them for $350. Read a ton of field reviews on them. They also had a sale on the Leica 1600B. Went with the Leica after comparing them. The Kilo 2000 is still a great range finder for the money. The 2400 is a nice range finder, amazing reviews as well but just don't see spending the money, $1400, since I will not shoot at game over 650yds and the Leica will be fine for me ringing steel to 1k. The glass in both is pretty decent, not as good as the Leica but pretty good. It's nice to see Sig squeezing the big names in optics.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1487741579.003507.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	454.7 KB 
ID:	200687

Name:	raptor 2.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	814.4 KB 
ID:	201872

Name:	raptor 1.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	781.6 KB 
ID:	201873

Looking at offering a new finish for our holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    3 sub-$600 guns.

Name:	20170218_081603.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	869.6 KB 
ID:	200303
    8" .300 BLK Pistol I put together with random parts from employees and friends. Gonna host my .30 Cal Omega once that clears ATF purgatory. KAC Barrel and BCG.

Name:	AK47.jpg 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	200306
    WASR 10 with Magpul furniture, Custom paint job by one of my employees.

Name:	ar15.jpg 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	200307

Random mismatch parts build. PSA upper, Midwest Rail, Vortex Dot, Anderson Lower, Magpul furniture and sling.
    Isn't that pistol illegal with that stock on it?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Isn't that pistol illegal with that stock on it?
    Not a stock, arm brace.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Not a stock, arm brace.
    I thought it had to be just the buffer tube. In WA a pistol is defined as a firearm designed to be fired with one hand.

I thought it had to be just the buffer tube. In WA a pistol is defined as a firearm designed to be fired with one hand.
    That's the ATF's definition as well. Arm braces are legal in Washington. A vertical foregrip is what changes the classification to "two-handed". SBR/Pistol/AOW laws make zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post

Name:	raptor 2.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	814.4 KB 
ID:	201872

Name:	raptor 1.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	781.6 KB 
ID:	201873

Looking at offering a new finish for our holsters.
    Good work, kind of a leather texture finish? Looks classy and well staged/shot too.

Yeah, I know. I don't want you to get in trouble. It's kinda a gray area. If you shoulder it or tuck the "arm brace " it's a sbr.

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    Good work, kind of a leather texture finish? Looks classy and well staged/shot too.
    Yes, looks like leather. it's pretty cool in person. Thanks - literally threw them in the snow and snapped a shot with the 6D and called it good.

Yeah, I know. I don't want you to get in trouble. It's kinda a gray area. If you shoulder it or tuck the "arm brace " it's a sbr.
    I am well aware of the rules around AR pistols.

Been trying to get more trigger time with the p229 legion. I'm starting to get accustomed to the DA/SA thing. Spent the last few nights doing some quick drills of drawing from concealment and then putting a round on a dot in DA, then transitioning to SA and shooting steel at 7 yards. Really happy with this gun.

229 feel so good

Nice work LVS. Buddy and I did some drills this weekend. He shoots a lot, me, not as much as I would like. He kicked my ass in every timed event.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Nice work LVS. Buddy and I did some drills this weekend. He shoots a lot, me, not as much as I would like. He kicked my ass in every timed event.
    I've decided to commit to shooting 200 rnds a week from my carry gun this spring and summer. Ammo/reloading stuff is really cheap right now and I've got a home range so zero excuses really.

Anyone have experience with the Ruger AR 556? If so, what are your impressions? Seems well made at a great price.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.