Page 128 of 435 FirstFirst ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

does my butt look big?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	%u0025255BUNSET%u0025255D.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	129.3 KB 
ID:	156586
    watch out for snakes

jgb@etree Guest
    Very nice. All the goodness of an SBR without having to deal with a tax stamp. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    Indeed. I've never shot an an OG Military M16A1 just A 2 and A3s and M4s. Oh and the Canadian C7 which is pretty much an A3.
    Where did you shoot an A3? Those are mystical creatures.

M16A1, A2, A4, C7, C8, M4, M4A1

For night sights inside the house... just turn the lights on. I'd suggest setting your house so you have a master on/off switch for all or most of the lights in your house. Have the switch in your room. Turn on all the lights before you investigate.

That brace looks pretty sweet. If I got an SBR I think it would be in 300 black out.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Where did you shoot an A3? Those are mystical creatures.
    Whidbey NAS. I was there with a bunch of Canadian forces on a Fam program with school after a week aboard HMCS Calgary out of CFB esquilmalt. Some of my classmates were former PPCLI guys are were interested in the security stuff. I had no idea it was rare. I was far busier watching the then new EF-18G growlers on the flight line.

Shot the C7 on the same trip when doing a Fam with the boarding parties from HMCS Calgary.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    does my butt look big?

I love the magazine. Thanks for your support!

Anyone in the market for our new striker-fired P320? I had a blast producing this video. More to come like this soon.

People shooting ski areas should be sued.

best gun tan eva
    watch out for snakes

does my butt look big?

Have you looked into the regulations around adding some padding to your arm brace? I watched a couple of vids on youtube, and they all thought it was a bad idea.

Last edited by Caucasian Asian; 07-15-2014 at 08:55 AM.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

jgb@etree Guest
    ^ CA raises an interesting point. Videos blocked @ work, but as long as he's got a copy of the ATF approval letter that Sig sends out with each brace (just like slidefire does) it should be all good, no?

F-Troop...er...ATF, FTB letter on Sig Brace:

http://sigsauer.com/upFiles/ATF-Compliant-Letter.pdf

Just because someone has the ability to use something illegally, doesn't make the 'thing' illegal. Think about 'solvent trap adapters' for rifles. If you thread an oil filter on and clamp it onto your barrel and use it to collect oils and solvents while cleaning, you're all good. As soon as you fire a round thru it, it just became an illegal silencer (unless you bought a tax stamp for the 'solvent trap' although you then step into the whole 'silencer parts' gray area).

Still does not change the mechanical function of the firearm per BATF and yes the"brace" comes with a copy of the letter.

My spacer is not a permanent modification. It allows my long arms and Popeye forearms to use it comfortably and adequately. When i place my arm in the brace and attach with the velcro straps the result is the pistol is canted severely to the left. So much so that i can not align my eye to the sights.

In essence its an adapter that the manufacturer calls a "brace" to satisfy the letter of the law.

I plan to try it with and without the brace.

The analogy is the ski poles are too short so you ad an extension then the back country police peanut gallery point and say cheater.

If so then anyone who touches said brace to their shoulder is in violation.
    watch out for snakes

Gun Cleaning:

Going to go with a single piece carbon fiber rod and a bore guide. Any other tips?

What types of solvents and oils do you guys prefer?

Hoppes #9
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

+1 Hoppes #9

Run brushes and patches thru till nearly clean, mop with last patch soaked in H#9, let set over night. Repeat running patches thru bore till last patch is clean next day, swab with your choice of lube and put away.
    watch out for snakes

CCW -- anyone have any thoughts on the Walther PPS?
    Gravity. It's the law.

I haven't opened my bottle of #9 since I got my hands on some frog lube CLP.

jgb@etree Guest
    ^^^ Been running Frog Lube in 2 of my AR's, and the shit is phenomenal. Both guns run like raped apes and after getting the frog lube absorbed into the metals, it really is almost self cleaning. I have to qualify the statement by saying that both guns have nickel boron coated bolts which require FAR less cleaning due to the coating, but I've run ~1000 rounds thru my .300BLK gun since the last cleaning, and the bolt & carrier look like I just gave them a quick field strip and wipedown.

The only downside is the need to heat up your parts for the first couple of applications so that the lube can absorb into the pores of the metal.

I'd also like to give two thumbs up to hoppe's bore brushes. I keep at least 2 in each caliber. One for the range bag, the other(s) for the workbench.

Hmmm, might have to try this Frog lube. Sounds like good stuff.

Last edited by scottyb; 07-16-2014 at 06:32 AM.
    watch out for snakes

In other news I am very impressed with the latest gen air guns. Selective fire .177 tactical peice and a S&W MP look/feel alike are totally practical and fun. The .25 scoped single shot rifle is the real deal, lot of shots to break that one in.
    More info on both please?

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Even just the $400 Aimpoint Pro has 30,000 hours of battery life (with 50,000 hours for the T-1 and 80,000 hours for the CompM4 I believe). I think you get about 600 hours of battery life out of the EOTech so from a battery life perspective, really no comparison. Due to its (relatively) affordable cost and decent battery life, I'll probably end up putting an Aimpoint Pro on my rifle when I am done building my first AR later this year.
    Picked up an Aimpoint PRO at the local gun shop in Ennis this afternoon. Very impressed with the quality. Paid $408, which seems to be what everyone online wants, but I try to keep my money local whenever I can. It goes on my Colt M4 6920LE this weekend.

Edit: mounting it took about 3 seconds. This thing is badass, I love it. Perfect co-witness with my backup iron sights.
    Last edited by Harry; 07-18-2014 at 06:54 PM.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    More info on both please?
    Have only had.time to play with the pistol. Its ok but i am not as enthralled with it after several outtings. Not all that accurate.

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using TGR Forums
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I haven't opened my bottle of #9 since I got my hands on some frog lube CLP.
    Not even for the smell?

jgb@etree Guest
    Have only had.time to play with the pistol. Its ok but i am not as enthralled with it after several outtings. Not all that accurate.

Accuracy isn't the point! You should enjoy the AR pistola....just because. Limited options here in CT since the latest dictates have been passed down from the progressive altar, but I may just have to grab a preban lower as a pistol or other so I can build one. I'm not a big fan of open carry at all - occasionally I'll OC at a 2A rally - but good god damn if an OC'd AR pistol w/ a 30rd PMAG wouldn't get some panties bunched, I just don't what would. Perhaps a faux suppressor just to make it really 'scary' looking?

Was reportin on the S&W CO2 replica handgun i recently pickd up.

watch out for snakes

Thanks for all the help...

Picked up a Walther PPS last night. Cleaned it up. Seems solid. Can't wait to fire it up. Need to figure out a holster option - thinking IWB. Probably and Uncle Mikes... No previous IWB experience. Any other suggestions?
    Gravity. It's the law.