Page 333 of 434 FirstFirst ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,325 of 10837

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    A question I've been thinking about in regards to carry and involvement in a hypothetical shooter situation.

When do we think the first good guy shooting at bad guy, is shot by another good guy because of mistaken identity event will happen. I'm guessing less than 5 years.
    Question for you. If you could stop stop a monster from destroying the lives of countless women and kids, but the price would be to die. Would you.?

I and countless others have made that decision. = Yes, in a second without hesitation.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Sorry this might seem "Off" But this time we live in is OFF and there is way too much evil out there, Drastic measures are required.
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Head on a swivel, always situational aware.
    Yep Never get to relax in the check out.
    (Sorry to wander in over here. I try to keep out & let you guys nerd out on your enthusiasm in peace...)

Is this really how you WANT to live?!?

I think most people’s definition of “life, liberty & pursuit of happiness” does not involve the fear of constantly checking their six. How can anyone be happy if they expect to shoot someone or be shot on any given day in public space?

I have spent a lot of time reading, thinking & discussing what makes good public space as part of my profession. Armed citizenry has never been part of the equation for great public space.

I really question the aspiration for armed community.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    A question I've been thinking about in regards to carry and involvement in a hypothetical shooter situation.

When do we think the first good guy shooting at bad guy, is shot by another good guy because of mistaken identity event will happen. I'm guessing less than 5 years.
    Like this? I think there have been others this one just springs to mind first https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/05/u...ing-death.html

Own your fail. ~Jer~

Poor girl.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I am sick to death of talking about who and what guns people should have them.

But I am not gonna let up. You that want to disarm us. Are the scary ones
    But good dammit I gotta keep sayin the shit others are thinking = It's what I do.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Wow. You sound sane. Take a few deep breaths and then check the door locks. Again. FB feed for gun nuts must be on fire today.

Your'e blocked dick head

Anyway this is the TGR gun thread. I have 3 pistol tournaments this month.
    I have shot so many thousands of rounds that. I don't need to do that anymore. I need to work on other aspects of competitive shooting.

Foot work? Better ways to swap out magazines. Different ways to formulate a strategy on a given course?

Anyone wanna talk about that? I know the collective might have something to say.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Your'e blocked dick head

Anyway this is the TGR gun thread. I have 3 pistol tournaments this month.
    I have shot so many thousands of rounds that. I don't need to do that anymore. I need to work on other aspects of competitive shooting.

Foot work? Better ways to swap out magazines. Different ways to formulate a strategy on a given course?

Anyone wanna talk about that? I know the collective might have something to say.
    Sounds like you're just itching for an excuse to shoot someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Seems this is not a just a gun sport thread. It's seems that it's also a thread for the paranoid to rant about gun rights. Rant on.

My Sarcasm meter is still working
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

You were echoing one of my trumpster FB friends I had to talk off the ledge last week. You did a good job.

You see al the crazy fukers shooting up innocent people in public places
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Is this really how you WANT to live?!?...How can anyone be happy if they expect to shoot someone or be shot on any given day in public space?
    The argument for carrying a weapon in public isn't, and was never, as a solution to the inconceivably rare event of a mass shooting, but as protection from the threat of rape or murder... you know, the crimes that happen all the fucking time.

If you have the astronomically bad luck of being in a mass shooting circumstance, you're fucked regardless. You, taken by surprise, trying to draw your pocket pistol with your 13+ rounds has no fucking chance against a rifle fired by someone who has resigned themselves to death.

Everyone flipping out about the "mass shooting epidemic", as opposed to traffic fatalities, or the obesity epidemic is just another example of human beings' tragically poor ability of risk evaluation. The rare, unfamiliar, and violent threat is always far scarier than the common, daily, and unsensationalized threat. It's human nature; there are more people at the beach worried about shark attacks than there are worried about skin cancer.

Head on a swivel, always situational aware.

Yep Never get to relax in the check out.

Amen. Situational Awareness is the true form of self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Question for you. If you could stop stop a monster from destroying the lives of countless women and kids, but the price would be to die. Would you.?

I and countless others have made that decision. = Yes, in a second without hesitation.
    Think of the glory!

Intoxicating
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

The only people that open carry in a grocery store are limpdicked fearbois.
    Carry on fags
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    The argument for carrying a weapon in public isn't, and was never, as a solution to the inconceivably rare event of a mass shooting, but as protection from the threat of rape or murder... you know, the crimes that happen all the fucking time.

If you have the astronomically bad luck of being in a mass shooting circumstance, you're fucked regardless. You, taken by surprise, trying to draw your pocket pistol with your 13+ rounds has no fucking chance against a rifle fired by someone who has resigned themselves to death.

Everyone flipping out about the "mass shooting epidemic", as opposed to traffic fatalities, or the obesity epidemic is just another example of human beings' tragically poor ability of risk evaluation. The rare, unfamiliar, and violent threat is always far scarier than the common, daily, and unsensationalized threat. It's human nature; there are more people at the beach worried about shark attacks than there are worried about skin cancer.

Amen. Situational Awareness is the true form of self defense.
    Thank you for responding

The question stands irrespective of mass shooting or threat of theft/mugging, whatever common crime you want to cite.

Is this the way you want & hope to live? How do you aspire your life to be?

I’m suggesting that more people, when they are honest with themselves, would prefer to not have to carry, and, additionally, also prefer that they don’t have to be around others who are carrying.

Certainly there was a time when lawlessness was a real thing commonly. It is still an issue in select conditions. As you cite, the statistics agree that your likelihood of being in a mass shooting are low. In a large swath of communities, the likelihood of violent crime is also low and yet the propaganda for carrying pushes the fear on those susceptible to the suggestion. The result is a high density of gun ownership that has been statistically shown to create less safety, not more (accidents, civil/social violence, and suicide end up being more prevalent in places with more guns).

Society works on a very fundamental level because we all agree not to assault each other. That way, we can all go to school, get groceries, and recreate with liberty & dignity. It’s the reason people are appalled at the mass shootings: they have an expectation of safety in “the public square”.

But we have the ability to work together to solve these issues in pursuit of public safety. Pointing to the lowest common denominator and shoring up yourself but not your neighbor or community is pretty near sighted and slows any advancement toward a greater good of true public safety.

There are reasonable places to carry guns. But they should be measured and specific, not commonplace and prevalent. The push for more public and indiscriminate carrying is ill-fated for us as a society.

^^^ very well put, thank you.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    Beyond the false equivalence of a motor vehicle accident vs. an intentional shooting, we have as a society mandated all sorts of safety precautions to make sure that car crashes are less deadly than in the past (softer materials, seat belt laws, etc). So why can't we do the same with guns?

I am sick to death of talking about who and what guns people should have them.

But I am not gonna let up. You that want to disarm us. Are the scary ones
    But good dammit I gotta keep sayin the shit others are thinking = It's what I do
    Serious question = given that you are an alcoholic, are you still drinking ?

Alcohol + guns + this kind of crazy = bad outcome.

Also: weren't you suicidal just a few months back ? This obsession with guns will work wonders for that.

You are the exact demographic that these mass shooters come from. Think about that. And go to an AA meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Serious question = given that you are an alcoholic, are you still drinking ?

Also: weren't you suicidal just a few months back ? This obsession with guns will work wonders for that.

You are the exact demographic that these mass shooters come from. Think about that. And go to an AA meeting.

where did you get all that from.

You really are one of the scary pricks who want to tell others how to live.

The words you type might lead one to believe you just don't get it.

I think you know exactly whats going on. You want the masses defenceless so you can really fuck with them.

If your'e felling a bit stressed and not safe. Need to relax and let down your'e guard?

Go to a Gun Range. Safest place on the planet. All walks of life getting along.

Gun Range Google it for any town in America.

You may have silenced a large segment of the population. But we all in general do not agree.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Pretty sure he is in top ten of peoples ignore list.
    watch out for snakes

Awesome description of a Typical Public official or Veteran Cop.

But hey, we don't want to stereotype people Right?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Pretty sure he is in top ten of peoples ignore list.
    Yea, I don't have him on ignore yet. Then every thread would be solid white because "You can't see this because"

I'm not really laughing, but have you seen the number of women "Young and old" walking into a gun store and gun range lately?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

where did you get all that from.
    From your own posts about your alcohol and depression issues. Adding guns to that equation is bad news.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Beyond the false equivalence of a motor vehicle accident vs. an intentional shooting, we have as a society mandated all sorts of safety precautions to make sure that car crashes are less deadly than in the past (softer materials, seat belt laws, etc). So why can't we do the same with guns?
    We live in a Car Society, and pretty much everyone has a car. Cars are faster and more powerful than anyone could ever have imagined.

We live in a gun society. --- See where this is going?

OMG look at that man, he has a HellCat. Run he might stomp on the gas and kill me ???

You cock suckers who like to control everyone else. Actually got the government to mandate that cars had speedometers that only went to 85MPH

And there we were laughing and showing each other the Dent in the needle from the repeated slamming into the 85 mph pin.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~