Page 338 of 434 FirstFirst ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 10837

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

So now that I’ve jacked my hearing a bit, I’m looking for a suppressor for my g19’s.

No, I’m not a secret assassin, I want to protect my ears, and the ears of people around me.

Any recco’s? Average cost for the stamp silencer?

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    So now that I’ve jacked my hearing a bit, I’m looking for a suppressor for my g19’s.

No, I’m not a secret assassin, I want to protect my ears, and the ears of people around me.

I have a silencerco omega 9k on my beretta 92f and it's the cats meow. Tax stamp is $200 and will take a few months to process. If you've never done the ATF bullshit before, I'd recommend going thru silencershop as they have the process down pat.

oil filters
    watch out for snakes

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    oil filters
    Ordering a solvent trap adapter from amazon is probably not the smartest move though.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Ordering a solvent trap adapter from amazon is probably not the smartest move though.
    Boy howdy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post

Silencershop is the place to start. They make the form 4 process easy. I'd recommend having a local lawyer draw up a trust to hold the suppressor as well as any future NFA purchases. Approval times are currently running about 9 months for individuals and 11 months for trusts, but those numbers will be totally different by the time you're looking at approval. You could also do an eForm-1 and build a suppressor yourself from a kit (or a solvent trap). That'll take about 6 weeks for approval (conservative), but still carries the $200 fee (tax).

You'll want more suppressors after the first one. Most people recommend you do a 22, a 45 pistol, and a 30 center fire can, as those will cover most anything you'd want to shoot. I find I use my 22 can the most, and not by an insignificant margin.

Quote Originally Posted by mangle View Post
    Silencershop is the place to start. They make the form 4 process easy. I'd recommend having a local lawyer draw up a trust to hold the suppressor as well as any future NFA purchases. Approval times are currently running about 9 months for individuals and 11 months for trusts, but those numbers will be totally different by the time you're looking at approval. You could also do an eForm-1 and build a suppressor yourself from a kit (or a solvent trap). That'll take about 6 weeks for approval (conservative), but still carries the $200 fee (tax).

You'll want more suppressors after the first one. Most people recommend you do a 22, a 45 pistol, and a 30 center fire can, as those will cover most anything you'd want to shoot. I find I use my 22 can the most, and not by an insignificant margin.
    Do the 22 if you only do one. If 2 then add a 9, then a 223, then a 30 then a 45.

Spend money on the can over the gun. HK's are loud, berrettas, glocks and sig all seem to work well. BHP's and hk p7's are a pain.

My fav 9 is the trident 9. It's full auto rated, has the thread tri lug option and has been great.

I've only had baffle strikes using this mount... because they suck.
    https://www.advanced-armament.com/Bl...ake_p_498.html

Please support a local shop, they know the code, want to help you and could use the business.

What's the paperwork process for potato suppressors?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Question:. Friend came over tonight with suppressed 6.5CM and frustrating results. Long story short, he was shooting 11" higher suppressed at 500 yards than with no suppressor or brake. I chronoed his gun and found it to shoot faster with the can. I always thought cans slowed down bullets but I don't own one and am not at all versed in them.

Here's where it gets weird...at 100 yards, his POI is 4" LOWER with the can. WTF is happening?
    I'm no long gunner expert, but have some experience with cans. I've found that they affect the POI differently for every gun. Some high, some low. We fit 32 Daniel Defense Mk18's with Silencer Co Saker K's and the POI moved everywhere, and on a couple of the guns it didn't change at all. Didn't notice any change in accuracy, but these were 10.2" bbl guns so really long distance accuracy wasn't part of our testing.
    I may have an answer for your 100 yd - 500 yd question. Is it shooting low at 100 because the gun is dialed for 500 and the bullet is still climbing at 100? Not sure if this is what's happening, but I've had it happen to me when I had a long gun. If the gun was dialed for 500 yds, we held high at 100. Of course this is all dependent on caliber, bbl length, bullet weight, etc. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Good luck MTT!
    Thanks, I did not do well tonight. And today I bent a part in my loader - Had to drop 100 bucks on ammo to shoot.

I enjoyed myself and I really like the people. Funny when your'e hanging around a large group of heavily armed people. Everyone is just so nice. I don't think I can see my scores on Practiscore until tomorrow.

One of those days, doing a mag change and mag falls to the ground. Pull another mag pull trigger - Not charged - Jack the slide - And your like here was I? WTF did I shoot what am I shooting at?

Still an awesome time. The level of Stress when you put your feet on the XX and wait for the Beep. - So you can quick draw and shoot real fast, and stick to a plan. AS everyone watches.

It aint a video game
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Funny when your'e hanging around a large group of heavily armed people. Everyone is just so nice. I don't think I can see my scores on Practiscore until tomorrow.

One of those days, doing a mag change and mag falls to the ground. Pull another mag pull trigger - Not charged - Jack the slide - And your like here was I? WTF did I shoot what am I shooting at?

Still an awesome time. The level of Stress when you put your feet on the XX and wait for the Beep. - So you can quick draw and shoot real fast, and stick to a plan. AS everyone watches.

It aint a video game
    Sounds like it's the same as a bad round of golf. Like minded people are nice to hang around with and maybe have a beer. Even each one is armed with 14 clubs.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

I’ll be having a Garand time
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0671.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	280.6 KB 
ID:	293973
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Thanks, I did not do well tonight. And today I bent a part in my loader - Had to drop 100 bucks on ammo to shoot.

I enjoyed myself and I really like the people. Funny when your'e hanging around a large group of heavily armed people. Everyone is just so nice. I don't think I can see my scores on Practiscore until tomorrow.

It aint a video game
    Did a few comps a few years ago, simply to learn and gain the practice. Only thing I know for sure was that I did best when I shut everyone out, moved at my own pace and concentrated on accuracy without a ton of regard to speed. My scores were way better than when I tried to kick ass.

I found the peeps to be nice and helpful. One jackass that I happen to know (he's a short range weapons trainer, believe it or not) had an accidental discharge right as his round ended, was DQed, and threw a class five fit even though it was blatantly a DQ. Shit got tense and uncomfortable. I did not enjoy that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Did a few comps a few years ago, simply to learn and gain the practice. Only thing I know for sure was that I did best when I shut everyone out, moved at my own pace and concentrated on accuracy without a ton of regard to speed. My scores were way better than when I tried to kick ass.

I found the peeps to be nice and helpful. One jackass that I happen to know (he's a short range weapons trainer, believe it or not) had an accidental discharge right as his round ended, was DQed, and threw a class five fit even though it was blatantly a DQ. Shit got tense and uncomfortable. I did not enjoy that.
    Interesting, I have seen that twice, The accidental discharge. And they guys kinda walked out red faced, Everyone regardless

of level has a bad stage or a bad day, but you know way down deep. Time to be a man and eat some humble pie.

As you know it's fun, very hard, and we all ladies and men kinda lay it all out there. I think it's why I like it so much.

We even feel for our competitors when it goes sideways, watching a man stand there on the line and empty a magazine trying to hit one metal target, when he usually does 6 of them in 4 seconds - what a thing.

I'm addicted.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

[QUOTE=Thad an accidental discharge right as his round ended, was DQed, and threw a class five fit even though it was blatantly a DQ. Shit got tense and uncomfortable. I did not enjoy that.[/QUOTE]

The Range officers have been emphasizing that allot of late. Too many try to be slick and holster real fast. The time end after your last shot.!! Time to relax, decompress and listen. Nice and slow.. Listen to the range officer., Remove the mag. Put in your pocket Pull back the slide to eject the round. Hold it back - Show the man the empty chamber . When he says I see it. drop slibe drop hammer .. holster. I mean fuck Your all friken JACKED UP from running around shooting at multiple things sometimes 3 rounds a second!!

Anyway, It's very very mental,
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

There it is, last place. Appears I did not get points in two of three stages because I failed to take out or left a mandatory target >
    Did not do my homework and tried punching above my weight class
    https://practiscore.com/results/new/...9-331e03086eaa
    Last edited by MTT; 09-14-2019 at 10:55 AM.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

New cz scorpion pcc, heading to the range to run a thousand rounds through it. also taking the anti-gun gf and her new golden boy.

Name:	IMG_0057.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	293995

Name:	IMG_0058.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	912.6 KB 
ID:	293996

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    New cz scorpion pcc, heading to the range to run a thousand rounds through it. also taking the anti-gun gf and her new golden boy.

Odds are good she will no longer be an anti gunner. Creating another power drunk hottie with a gun.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

First time I took my antigun gf shooting she pointed a loaded rifle at me as a joke. You be careful, hear.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    First time I took my antigun gf shooting she pointed a loaded rifle at me...
    Smart girl.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

No violence in this thread, eh mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post

Very nice, looked seriously at those. Let us know how the mags work and how it shoots.
    watch out for snakes

Just wrapped up a weekend with my 92 year old grandpa and some other family. He wanted to pass on his guns before he went so we all took turns picking out firearms to take home. I ended up with some cool rifles with cool stories and some rifles and shotguns that he didn't know the history on. He told me to sell whatever I wanted but there's only a few I'll probably never shoot and there's no story to them so I'll see if friends want to grab them.

The favorites I was gifted-

-Win Model 94 30-30 that he bought the year I was born and carried when he rode his horse rounding up cattle.
    -Colt Army Special 38 that my great grandfathered carried hunting. Looked up the serial number and it will be 100 years old next year.
    -Win Model 71 .348 that he loaned me a few years ago. He made it my first choice in the pickings. The good news-seven boxes of ammo for it.
    -Win Model 75 .22 LR that he shot a bunch of jack rabbits and whistle pigs on the ranch with. Apparently very accurate.
    -Savage Model 24 .22 LR/20 ga over under he kept in his camper since the 70s.
    -My great grandfathers Springfield 1903 30-06 that he hunted with for years before replacing with a pre 64 Model 70 that was already gifted to me on my 16th birthday.
    -A few pump scatters that he can't remember who or where they came from. Probably a bunch of old ranch guns. A couple other .22s and a single shot 20 ga.
    -A Marlin 30-06 that was his big game hunting rifle he bought in the 50s. At the end of the picks, I found out my cousin didn't think about his picks well and didn't get any of our grandpa's actual hunting rifles. I didn't even look at the model...just handed it to my cousin and told him to enjoy it. His girlfriend texted and said that rifle was all he could talk about on the way home.

Others of note that went to family members included a factory engraved Savage 99 from '54 in .300 Savage, a Weatherby Patrician engraved with his name that he won shooting, 300 Weatherby, Colt 1911 from the '20s, a couple other Savage 24s in different calibers, and a few I'm sure will come out at Thanksgiving.

I'm not close to much of my family but it was a really cool experience. I can't stand my uncle and as I was going to pick a rifle, he mentioned he really wanted that one and I handed it to him and took his next pick. Some good break throughs. My grandpa laughed and reminisced. I wouldn't change the weekend. I was staying with old g-pops and after everybody left, I poured a bourbon and asked him how he felt. He only said content.

He also gave me boxes and boxes of ammo. All the center fire isn't corroded and has non-corrosive primers so I'm good there. But there's a bunch of pristine paper hulled shotgun ammo. All looks good. Safe to shoot? I'm okay tossing it too but wondering if there is any value to vintage ammo collectors. I'd give it to them for a beer. Just feel bad tossing it. Rather shoot it or have someone take it who would appreciate it. Anyone know?

I'll get some pics up as I clean and oil them. Most of them haven't been looked at or much less fired in 20 years.

Nice, really. Keep the Win 75. Regretted learning that the family model 58 got sold by my dad at a garage sale.