Page 89 of 435 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    spook - Powgoatse seems calm because he's been on double doses of Prozak to help deal with his vicarious e-grieving the past few weeks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	524243_4440125400300_1613172933_n.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	129112
    I'm calm as a bomb from a double dose of faceshots, muthafuckas!

...too tired to argue about bullshit with you losers, but if you look real close you can see a tear in my eye from all that e-grieving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

You should need a ccw permit for that. Just saying.

Spook, fuck off, go douche something else, you're good at it.

I need some DYS help on a bad feeding tiny semi auto .22 belly gun if anyone has any expertise. It's a little rare, but I don't have the coin for a gunsmith. And I like it, and it has sentimental value. I just want to get it on the road again.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

I need some DYS help on a bad feeding tiny semi auto .22 belly gun if anyone has any expertise. It's a little rare, but I don't have the coin for a gunsmith. And I like it, and it has sentimental value. I just want to get it on the road again.
    There are some true redneck gun nuts there, but I have found the people at falfiles.com truly know their shit about firearms. There is a section about curious and relics and also a fair number of people seem to post either asking questions or documenting the process of restoring wierd old guns to working order for no reason other than they enjoy it. Good luck.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Ditto.

The problem with .22 is it is a notoriously filthy round. Figure out how to disassemble the gun. Not just take off the slide, but as much as you can. Get some Hoppes cleaner. Let it soak the barrel well, Make sure you use a new brass brush and work the chamber area well. This is often the culprit in .22's. Make sure the feed ramp, whether its on the barrel or in the frame is very clean, no pitts. Might want to take some crocus cloth or 000 steel wool and polish it some. Be sure to figure out how to remove and clean the extractor and ejector. Extractor is again one of the big issues on a .22. Look for dirty, broken or weak springs in the extractor.

My two areas of focus would be the chamber of the barrel and the extractor.

Ken
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

spook Guest

but i like douching you

spook - seriously - I may be the Ultimo King Kunt Douche, but at least I keep it limited to PolyAss. Shitting all over STOKE!!! threads is poor form.

Looking to purchase my first handgun, mainly for home defense. There are two nice sized indoor ranges in town. I plan on "renting" the glock 19 and the M&P9. Are there any others that I should take into consideration?

Quote Originally Posted by jp13 View Post
    Looking to purchase my first handgun, mainly for home defense. There are two nice sized indoor ranges in town. I plan on "renting" the glock 19 and the M&P9. Are there any others that I should take into consideration?
    Lots of options. I'd go 9mm/.38 special as a minimum. There are preferences of autoloader vs revolver. Double action vs single action vs double action only. I'd also consider an .357 revolver and a .45 1911 style gun.

I'm not interested in revolvers and would like something that I could conceal if I wanted to down the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using TGR Forums

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    spook - seriously - I may be the Ultimo King Kunt Douche, but at least I keep it limited to PolyAss. Shitting all over STOKE!!! threads is poor form.
    i said i didn't realize it wasn't in polyass. this tablet doesn't let me see what room i'm in once i'm on a thread. besides, i'm not shitting on stoke, i'm trying to incite more stoke by poking all you africanized gun aficionados with a stick. you know it doesn't work so well if i have to explain it.

carry on with the elevated heart rates and sweaty palms, boys!

spook Guest
    plus, seriously, there a gazillion gun threads. i can't keep track of them all. it's all the same people saying all the same things.

I'm not interested in revolvers and would like something that I could conceal if I wanted to down the road.

you want a single stack, .40-.45 with a 3" or shorter barrel. forget the high capacity mags if you want a good conceal gun. The conceal gun is not really what you want for home defense though.

Question: Are .300 WSM's really up to the hype? Considering one as my do-it-all hunting rifle as I've read and heard great things. I am, however, balking at the cost of ammo.

Looking at Tikka in stainless or the Savage counterpart, as my current Savage 30-06 has served me very well.

Thoughts?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    plus, seriously, there a gazillion gun threads. i can't keep track of them all. it's all the same people saying all the same things.
    There has acutally been some interesting discourse, of which you have been a part of none.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

LCP

guns aren't scary to me. i already died by an ak47 and an ar15 in 1984. i just think the argument that the second amendment has a relevant context in 2012 -- particularly the idea that the good redblooded americans are going to fight off (and what? eventually overthrow?) our tyrannical government and all it's cool weaponry in guerrilla warfare -- is absurd.
    You are not worth a response. But the argument you make is often repeated by others and might find resonance in those who haven't had a proper education on the value of the 2A. So:

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Who needs life boats on the Titanic? It's unsinkable after all, right?

I don't have time to get into it right now. But on a national level the value of the 2A lies in the threat of an uprising, not the reality of it.

The price of quelling an unarmed uprising is something an out of control government could imagine surviving. But the price of quelling an armed uprising would be more than most governments could endure.

To put it another way; Without the 2A the price a government would have to pay to establish tyranny is much lower than it is with a robust 2A and a well armed citizenry. By increasing the price a government would have to pay to oppress a people, you make it less likely to happen and in that way protect the people from an out of control government
    it's all young and fun and skiing and then one day you login and it's relationship advice, gomer glacier tours and geezers.

-Hugh Conway

spook Guest
    You are not worth a response. But the argument you make is often repeated by others and might find resonance in those who haven't had a proper education on the value of the 2A. So:
    obviously i was worth a response and the only dumbshits who think there is a legitimate threat of an uprising are gun nuts and probably even a lot of them don't believe that bullshit but at least respectably are willing to defend themselves against what is a more likely threat -- chaos and idiots, not the government. the government will fuck you if they feel the need to and none of your blowhard bullshit or your tiny guns is going to stop it. maybe another government will stop it or it will terminally overextend but if you think you and your band of dorks will stop it you've been watching too many fucking movies.

it's funny how often the people who think they can educate others on the second amendment are people who demonstrate in short order why i wouldn't ask them to inform me about anything if i were looking for reasonable or expert.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Will you guys just shut the fuck up. I don't come to this thread to here the same gun arguments. I come here to drool over the awesome GUN STOKE.

spook Guest
    yeah, rubicon, you heard the man. shut the fuck up. it's a stoke thread.

obviously i was worth a response and the only dumbshits who think there is a legitimate threat of an uprising are gun nuts and probably even a lot of them don't believe that bullshit but at least respectably are willing to defend themselves against what is a more likely threat -- chaos and idiots, not the government. the government will fuck you if they feel the need to and none of your blowhard bullshit or your tiny guns is going to stop it. maybe another government will stop it or it will terminally overextend but if you think you and your band of dorks will stop it you've been watching too many fucking movies.

it's funny how often the people who think they can educate others on the second amendment are people who demonstrate in short order why i wouldn't ask them to inform me about anything if i were looking for reasonable or expert.
    I'm done here. You are a tired one trick pony who is incapable of anything other than mocking derision of those with whom you disagree.

It's not a slippery slope argument, and it has nothing to do with any current political issues(The only reason I mentioned Bush in my quote was to illustrate how fast things can change and the near impossibility of seeing changes before they happen). It's far more fundamental than that. You and I may never need to defend ourselves. But can you state with certainty that your children, or grandchildren, or great grandchildren won't either? If you can I would really like to know how you do that. If not then I would be curious why you(or anyone else) would deny them the basic right of self defense that you and I enjoy.

We enjoy rights that have been protected by every generation for the last 200 years. We should also protect them and pass them on to our descendants because we don't know what kind of world they will be living in 50 or 100 or 200 years from now.

I know you have already stated that you are not in favor of strict gun control laws. But that would be my response to anyone claiming that our current situation does not justify an armed citizenry, regardless of who that claim is coming from.
    it's all young and fun and skiing and then one day you login and it's relationship advice, gomer glacier tours and geezers.

-Hugh Conway

spook Guest
    I'm done here. You are a tired one trick pony who is incapable of anything other than mocking derision of those with whom you disagree.
    no discipline. one more reason you will grovel like the rest. i am a tired one trick pony whose lazy standby is mocking derision. that's not my trick.

read your rant, man. it's pure propaganda. the sputum of the weak mind.

it'll be good for a morbid laugh to break up the suffering when the starving horde is traipsing about the countryside, i'll look back at conversations like these and giggle knowing all your toys were worthless along with your amway recitations of the benefits of the second amendment!

and then we'll eat your brains, which will undoubtedly be grooved deeply by your love of guns and the constitution, i'll make sure and dig out the part about rights and resistance and feed it to the mangy mutt who scrounges around our perimeter, keeping just enough distance to keep us from eating him.
    Last edited by spook; 01-02-2013 at 02:51 AM.

Leave it to cunts to cunt up a stoke thread.

Jp for a ccw I have been lusting over the taurus 740 slim lately. but I agree that a small concealable piece is not ideal for home defense

rev since you already have a 30-06 have you thought about getting it reamed out to an ai? 30-06 has been the go-to do everything in north america round for like a century, but if you want a little more oomph the ackley is a pretty cool upgrade.

If you didn't already have the 30 ought though, I would say that yes the 300wsm is the ideal north american do everything round
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Will you guys just shut the fuck up. I don't come to this thread to here the same gun arguments. I come here to drool over the awesome GUN STOKE.
    I like shooting guns for recreation too, but you know there's no denying the fact of the matter is that guns really do kill people and unless gun owners are part of the solution, and not just spewing the same old anti anti gun rhetoric, the burden will eventually fall squarely on the shoulders of law abiding gun owners. So, would you rather give up some meaningless concessions now that could potentially save a few lives or just continue being an ignorant fuck and keep thinking the 2nd ammendment will never be challenged?

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I was hoping to post some gun stoke today. My buddy got me out of the house yesterday (been laid up with f'd knee) to go buy guns at Cabelas or Sportsman's. Buying and shooting guns always cheers me up. I was going to get a used Marlin lever action 30-30 and another revolver, either a Ruger GP101 or a Rhino. It was a full-on madhouse rush on guns and ammo... they're all gone except bolt action rifles (which I have plenty) and black powder. I don't own a black-powder gun... should I get some? And neither place was willing to haggle on price... even for a used gun. I've never experienced such a thing. I'm almost as sickened by the price gouging gun industry as I am with gun grabbers like powder.

And powder... did you know that of those 10K+ gun deaths... almost 90% occured in maybe 5 counties (I've also heard that 3 counties account for 90%)? We don't have a gun problem in this country, we have a criminal drug gang problem. They use guns to protect their valuable drugs and territory. So leave the rest of the country alone and go to those 5 counties and ask the drug gangs to turn their guns over to you. That will save most of those lives and we'll have the peaceful utopia you think disarming honest citizens will bring. I however, think 10K+ dead criminals is a good thing. Call me crazy.