Page 9 of 435 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    There is no such right unless you're in The Guard, sorry.
    So by how you see it, with me being in the Guard (reserves, technically), I'm totally in the clear?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 View Post
    anyone here ever had a gun stolen?

fucking sucks when that happens.

i too love this thread.
    Someone stole my Ruger M77 MKII Sporter 7mm Rem Mag with a Burris Fullfield II. You're right- it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Sweet - Was difficult to tell whether buttons were brass - Thanks

Dress shirt or just a really nice polo? Tassles on your loafers?
    Naw, it was my flowered Hawaiian "Big Kahuna" shirt with pink narcissus flowers, and my Sperrys.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    the problem with all these "stats" that you keep throwing out in a stoke thread (shame) is you leave out the details...the people dying in your scenario may not be getting killed by the guns already in the house but by guns brought into the house by others (lets just call them bad guys)
    aside from the high risk lifestyle that may also be present in the same house...

please go away
    The problem with all these "stats" is that they reflect reality and so the poster must be attacked, apparently, for presenting them in context. And DUH! having a gun in the house reflects a high risk lifestyle. Ya think ! Unless you choose to ignore the "stats".

You are correct that the 1.9 times stat doesn't say which gun killed the victim, just that the victim died of firearm violence in the home. Firearms in the house is not, statistically, a preventative measure. It's a statistically significant finding.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckeeLocal View Post
    The problem with all these "stats" is that they reflect reality and so the poster must be attacked, apparently, for presenting them in context. And DUH! having a gun in the house reflects a high risk lifestyle. Ya think ! Unless you choose to ignore the "stats".

You are correct that the 1.9 times stat doesn't say which gun killed the victim, just that the victim died of firearm violence in the home. Firearms in the house is not, statistically, a preventative measure. It's a statistically significant finding.
    Any gun pics to post? If not, stage exit left.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Any gun pics to post? If not, stage exit left.
    Excuse me. I don't wish to publish pictures of my guns. Nor do I respond well to censorship. If you ask me the 1st amendment trumps the 2nd. There is nothing in the post I responded to that contained a picture of a gun. It seems that you're rather selective in your desire to suppress input.

What gets you into trouble isn't what you don't know but rather what you do know that just ain't so - Mark Twain

Folks with guns in the house are 1.9 times more likely to die from a firearm violence in their home than those without. Oh, and about 25% of the 'adult' population have firearms, 42% of males (hence the problem with adulthood) and 9% of females.
    Are those legal or illegal guns? Where were those homes? You see what I am getting at...I wouldn't be at all surprised if people who had an illegal gun in a crime-ridden area were shot.

Quote Originally Posted by 365wp View Post
    Are those legal or illegal guns? Where were those homes? You see what I am getting at...I wouldn't be at all surprised if people who had an illegal gun in a crime-ridden area were shot.
    Read the study here. It was a 10% sample of all deaths in 1993 (except for South Dakota). Pretty compelling statistical methods. But I agree that crime-ridden areas tend to be better populated with gun ownership (and active use ?). They wouldn't be crime-ridden areas otherwise. Then again a home-based homicide would then qualify the area for being termed 'crime-ridden'. It's sort of a recursive argument.

Excuse me. I don't wish to publish pictures of my guns. Nor do I respond well to censorship. If you ask me the 1st amendment trumps the 2nd. There is nothing in the post I responded to that contained a picture of a gun. It seems that you're rather selective in your desire to suppress input.
    Not censorship, start your own thread. That way I don't have to scroll through your driviling.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Not censorship, start your own thread. That way I don't have to scroll through your driviling.
    No picture ? And corvettes in a gun thread ? What gives.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    I am looking to buy a ar 15 bushmaster. Any one have any suggestions on where to pick this up in the basalt aspen area?Anyone? Bueller?
    You can shoot my 556 in about a month when I'm back in aspen if you want. I think its a far better gun for the price than any AR.

- For a comparable trigger on an AR, you'd have to get a $300+ custom job
    - The gas system is more reliable than an AR (you HAVE to clean an AR every couple 100 rounds or it wont work) Some ARs are pretty picky about ammo too
    - it takes ar mags

cons
    - the factory sights suck, but you can get others
    - A little heavier than an AR

What gets you into trouble isn't what you don't know but rather what you do know that just ain't so - Mark Twain

Folks with guns in the house are 1.9 times more likely to die from a firearm violence in their home than those without. Oh, and about 25% of the 'adult' population have firearms, 42% of males (hence the problem with adulthood) and 9% of females.
    Whats your problem with that? You obviously hate gun owners.

Nah, its not about censorship, its about having a tiny bit of class. There is another thread about gun control, this one is about gun stoke. The first ammenmentd doesn;t mean shit here either, since its a privatley owned website. You have the right to post here because you haven't been banned for being a douche yet. You have every right to post here, you just wouldn't unless you were a giant douche.

But you are a giant douche, so thats that.

EDIT: Hey trukeefagh, if you ever start a thread on here about anything im going to cunt it up just thje same.
    Last edited by leroy jenkins; 04-10-2008 at 10:02 AM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Pics of classic Douche Destroyers

Stoner

Ithaca Auto & Burglar

Newton WWI British Mortar at the local courthouse--Rare piece

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    But you are a giant douche, so thats that.

EDIT: Hey trukeefagh, if you ever start a thread on here about anything im going to cunt it up just thje same.
    Wow, you invested a portion of your life to compose that. To say what ? Nothing about guns in a gun thread. Seems it's ok for some to cunt up threads while others stay on topic and get criticized. Anyway isn't it the responsible thing to do to suggest that when someone says they 'feel' safer because they have guns in the house to present them with actual facts to enable them to question that assumption and preface that with an in context quote from a well regarded, and humorous, American author ? I guess not. Better to just toss out unfounded insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

no, the 2nd protects all the others...

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    no, the 2nd protects all the others...
    Touche. So a picture to (start to) get back on topic ...

Quote Originally Posted by Peewee View Post
    Someone stole my Ruger M77 MKII Sporter 7mm Rem Mag with a Burris Fullfield II. You're right- it sucks.
    ouch.

the worst part of the whole situation is that my LEO buddies were pissed at me. it honestly wasn't my fault but in retrospect, i should have let my roommates know i had a gun in the house -- then they may have been more diligent about locking up behind them during the day.

i hope to fuck it never ended up in the hands of a gang member or some other shady motherfucker.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Someone else asked me to post this with a comment along these lines “all the Americans on TGR should be embarrassed, this is what most Canadians have lying around without the benefit of the Second Amendment of the Constitution (which by the way recognizes rights, it doesn’t “grant” them) ”

again not mine, not judging, just reposting.

wow, mntlion.

I'm drooling over the sig 551, we can only dream about those in the US.

How do you have handguns though? I thought those were a no no in Canukistan?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Wow, you invested a portion of your life to compose that. To say what ? Nothing about guns in a gun thread. Seems it's ok for some to cunt up threads while others stay on topic and get criticized. Anyway isn't it the responsible thing to do to suggest that when someone says they 'feel' safer because they have guns in the house to present them with actual facts to enable them to question that assumption and preface that with an in context quote from a well regarded, and humorous, American author ? I guess not. Better to just toss out unfounded insults.
    Invested a portion on my life?

Listen motherfucker, I've got a broken hand, swollen to the size of a catchers mitt, that needs to be elevated like 6 hours a day. Thats six hours a day sitting either in front of the computer or tv with it on top of a bunch of pillows. I have nothing but time asshole.

I bet we're going to become friends over the next six weeks.

Toodles bitch.

Invested a portion on my life?

Listen motherfucker, I've got a broken hand, swollen to the size of a catchers mitt, that needs to be elevated like 6 hours a day. Thats six hours a day sitting either in front of the computer or tv with it on top of a bunch of pillows. I have nothing but time asshole.

I bet we're going to become friends over the next six weeks.

Toodles bitch.
    I've got a broken humorus (no joke). But please note that you really should read for comprehension. No where in this thread have I called for gun control. Perhaps it's the pain killers that are interrupting your brain functions ? Just trying to offer excuses for your rather poor skills in continuing discussions.

OK, so I posted a pic of some big ass guns.

Now a question or two for the enthusiasts.

These aren't 'gun control' questions.

I'm just interested to know what's the motivation behind owning a bunch of assault weapons? (Lets not let this turn into a semantic argument, I'll say up front "I don't know shit about guns", but I know that some guns aren't for hunting or sport).
    How often do you have the opportunity to go pop off some rounds? What does that cost you in ammo?
    Is it a rush to fire them?
    Are you blowing off steam?

Do you own them for protection? From?

Where did you guys get all the knowledge about these seemingly obscure models?

Not trying to shit on anyone's gun stoke, I'm just trying to understand some of my fellow Americans a little better. It seems like an expensive habit.
    Last edited by flowtron; 04-10-2008 at 10:48 AM.
    "It's too bad that a lot of people have never experienced the feeling of rollerblading in the cool air of a summer evening"
    TheQuietStorm

How do you have handguns though? I thought those were a no no in Canukistan?
    In Canada you need a special licence to own a handgun, and then you must be a curent member of a local shooting range. And it can only be in your possesion on the way to/from the range.

And they must be locked(trigger/slide lock) in a locked case or safe in your home and during transport. And ammunition must be kept locked up in a different case.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Responses to a question or two for the enthusiasts.

I'm just interested to know what's the motivation behind owning a bunch of assault weapons? (Lets not let this turn into a semantic argument, I'll say up front "I don't know shit about guns", but I know that some guns aren't for hunting or sport).

Because I can and because they have risen in value substantially due to the constant threat of gun control from the liberals

How often do you have the opportunity to go pop off some rounds?
    In the back yard, once every month or so. 2-3 big trips to the range a year.

What does that cost you in ammo?
    Usually to take the MG's out, these days, depending on how many folks I take with me which is usually 3 or 4, about $300-$400 per big trip. Usually 1,000 rounds of .22, 500-700 9mm, 500 .223 ball, 80-100 .223 match, 500 in .45, 200 in .38 super. Plus various vegetables such as apples, cabbage heads, watermelons, etc.

Is it a rush to fire them?
    Yep.

Are you blowing off steam?
    Nope, just a hobby, like skiing.

Do you own them for protection? Some From? Liberals and other assorted thugs and douchbags

Where did you guys get all the knowledge about these seemingly obscure models?
    Collect, study, books, internet, friends, RKI's

Not trying to shit on anyone's gun stoke, I'm just trying to understand some of my fellow Americans a little better. It seems like an expensive habit.
    Yep

Thanks for the answers. +5.

-1 for gratuitous use of "liberal".

Lets keep this civil, you enthusiast you.
    "It's too bad that a lot of people have never experienced the feeling of rollerblading in the cool air of a summer evening"
    TheQuietStorm