Page 5 of 434 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Can we get back to stoke and not turn this into a gun argument like all the other threads? Just a couple from my quiver, sorry I don't have picks:

Ruger Super Blackhawk - 44 magnum
    Remington Model 700bdl - 7mm ultra mag
    Kimber 1911 tactical Model - 45 ACP

I must say I love all three of those and they are my 3 favorites from the collection, along with my bow. Somehow I got lucky enough to get three tack drivers with these three.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I'm fine with whatever you want to do in the privacy of your own home, but I really don't want to hear about it, mmkay?
    Now we're getting your best stuff. Which is pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckeeLocal View Post
    What's with all this "we" and "us" stuff? You're the only one here whining like a little bitch - or do you have a gerbil in your pocket? I think your mom just yelled down that your totts are done.

Craven Morehead Guest
    Go over to the gardening forum......we're talking about the smell of IMR 7828in the morning......

Craven Morehead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Can we get back to stoke and not turn this into a gun argument like all the other threads? Just a couple from my quiver, sorry I don't have picks:

Ruger Super Blackhawk - 44 magnum
    Remington Model 700bdl - 7mm ultra mag
    Kimber 1911 tactical Model - 45 ACP

I must say I love all three of those and they are my 3 favorites from the collection, along with my bow. Somehow I got lucky enough to get three tack drivers with these three.
    Nice quiver.
    How's the recoil on the 7 rum?

LOL--chicks with guns--not so much a turn on.

Our Barret .50 Cal out at the lodge...

When you're feeling down, just remember: It's always darkest before it goes pitch .... fucking.... black.

owens is the winner.
    i'm calling it.

no need to post anymore pictures, yours can add no more. ONS is the high mark. congrats..

Craven Morehead Guest
    WOW.....

Now I am all about my name.

Craven Morehead Guest
    You guys go heli-ski

I'll help with sighting in the big bore

Quote Originally Posted by Craven Morehead View Post
    Nice quiver.
    How's the recoil on the 7 rum?
    Thanks...you know it does kick pretty hard, but I was sighting in a Model 700 30-06 that had no kick pad, just a thin piece of plastic on the butt, and it did more damage to my shoulder than the ultra mag.

The other thing about the RUM is it really is just a hunting rifle. If you tried using it for weekend target practice, you would be going through barrels pretty fast. I mean the muzzle velocity is like 3,400 FPS with a 140 grain bullet. She is a barrel burner!

She shoots damn flat though and I consistently shot touching pairs at 250 yards the last two years when I was getting her ready for hunting season. It has been shooting dead on with NO movement both years, which is pretty impressive for a walnut stock, IMO.

It is just a great hunting rifle...and it will only start making you sore after about 20 rounds in a row. I would however, not suggest it for a flincher. It is a shame the round is not more popular with hunters...that gun will drop any North American big game at long distances.

Craven Morehead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Thanks...you know it does kick pretty hard, but I was sighting in a Model 700 30-06 that had no kick pad, just a thin piece of plastic on the butt, and it did more damage to my shoulder than the ultra mag.

The other thing about the RUM is it really is just a hunting rifle. If you tried using it for weekend target practice, you would be going through barrels pretty fast. I mean the muzzle velocity is like 3,400 FPS with a 140 grain bullet. She is a barrel burner!

She shoots damn flat though and I consistently shot touching pairs at 250 yards the last two years when I was getting her ready for hunting season. It has been shooting dead on with NO movement both years, which is pretty impressive for a walnut stock, IMO.

It is just a great hunting rifle...and it will only start making you sore after about 20 rounds in a row. I would however, not suggest it for a flincher. It is a shame the round is not more popular with hunters...that gun will drop any North American big game.
    All the rum calibres look good to me. Better than the weatherbys even.
    7mm is just a great combo of flat trajectory and good energy.

Are you the board moderator ? For some of us this is a firearm terror thread. It's truely scarey that this level of arms are out there in the hands of the great unwashed skiing community. And not a single gun lock in sight I choose to engage with facts and you respond with emotion. Meanwhile 206 blunt force homicides in 2005, less than 40 vehicle homicides, over 12,000 firearm homicides.
    OH MY GOD!!! Why don't you take the Kerry-Edwards sticker off your VW Bug and go hit your life partner with your purse... People like you are truly scary.

It's good we have people like you out there to make the world a safer place for criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    OH MY GOD!!! Why don't you take the Kerry-Edwards sticker off your VW Bug and go hit your life partner with your purse... People like you are truly scary.

It's good we have people like you out there to make the world a safer place for criminals.

Yep. Nothing. You've got nothing. But it was 209 blunt force homicides in 2005. I was wrong. Let's match up firearms in a spurious comparison of tools.

Yep. Nothing. You've got nothing. But it was 209 blunt force homicides in 2005. I was wrong. Let's match up firearms in a spurious comparison of tools.
    Wow - did you eat all your totts already? That was quick. I hope you let them cool a bit so you didn't burn your tongue. Oh - but I'm sure your mom already warned you.

One typically does not place gun locks on self defense weapons (the handguns and shotguns in this thread). One also typically photographs one's firearms during shooting, pre-shooting, or cleaning. All situations when guns wouldn't be locked. There are also a few photos in here of hard sided rifle cases, which lock.

I'm gonna go take some pics of my ski quiver. But first I'm gonna put 'em in bags with a locked Ski-Tote so nobody accidentally skis them.

Were the hammers registered?

Steyr Ultralight

Saw one of these in .308 at a local shop for $1000. Very tempting. I'd probably already have it if I hadn't just blown a bunch of $ on the Tikka.
    Last edited by Jer; 04-07-2008 at 06:27 PM.

So yesterday, me and Billy were playing cowboys and Indians and he had to be the Indian and. i had my red rider BB gun and he made this super awesome bow and arrow out of a branch from the willow tree in front of his house but anyway he tried to run and I shot him with my BB gun in his leg. He was bleeding and he started to cry and his mom came running out and she was all angry and yelled at me and grabbed my BB gun from me and I went home and my mom was waiting on the lawn and she yelled real loud at me and told me to go to my room.

I'm not going to play with Billy anymore.
    "If it had taken any effort I wouldn't have done it at all. I mean it. I wouldn't have done anything" - B. Kelso

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You should play with TruckeeLocal - his mom might make you both a nice batch of tatter totts. Maybe even some Frito pie. Just make sure you don't agree to play doctor.

Do the Ultralights have a set trigger?

If not, have you looked at the CZ 550 American series? Has a thin profile barrel and detachable mag like the Steyr.

Craven Morehead Guest
    Bet you could hit a tater tot at 200 yards.
    What does trukeefag think?