Page 5 of 334 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 8349

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Basalt
    Posts
    3,588
    Can we get back to stoke and not turn this into a gun argument like all the other threads? Just a couple from my quiver, sorry I don't have picks:

    Ruger Super Blackhawk - 44 magnum
    Remington Model 700bdl - 7mm ultra mag
    Kimber 1911 tactical Model - 45 ACP


    I must say I love all three of those and they are my 3 favorites from the collection, along with my bow. Somehow I got lucky enough to get three tack drivers with these three.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Commiestan
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I'm fine with whatever you want to do in the privacy of your own home, but I really don't want to hear about it, mmkay?
    Now we're getting your best stuff. Which is pretty sad.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the edge of wuss cliff
    Posts
    17,328
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckeeLocal View Post
    Now we're getting your best stuff. Which is pretty sad.
    What's with all this "we" and "us" stuff? You're the only one here whining like a little bitch - or do you have a gerbil in your pocket? I think your mom just yelled down that your totts are done.

  4. #104
    Craven Morehead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckeeLocal View Post
    Now we're getting your best stuff. Which is pretty sad.
    Go over to the gardening forum......we're talking about the smell of IMR 7828in the morning......

  5. #105
    Craven Morehead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Can we get back to stoke and not turn this into a gun argument like all the other threads? Just a couple from my quiver, sorry I don't have picks:

    Ruger Super Blackhawk - 44 magnum
    Remington Model 700bdl - 7mm ultra mag
    Kimber 1911 tactical Model - 45 ACP


    I must say I love all three of those and they are my 3 favorites from the collection, along with my bow. Somehow I got lucky enough to get three tack drivers with these three.
    Nice quiver.
    How's the recoil on the 7 rum?

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    10,649

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Republik Indonesia
    Posts
    8,354
    LOL--chicks with guns--not so much a turn on.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,150
    Our Barret .50 Cal out at the lodge...





    When you're feeling down, just remember: It's always darkest before it goes pitch .... fucking.... black.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Emulating the ocean's sound
    Posts
    7,019
    owens is the winner.
    i'm calling it.

    no need to post anymore pictures, yours can add no more. ONS is the high mark. congrats..

  10. #110
    Craven Morehead Guest
    WOW.....


    Now I am all about my name.

  11. #111
    Craven Morehead Guest
    You guys go heli-ski

    I'll help with sighting in the big bore

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Basalt
    Posts
    3,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Craven Morehead View Post
    Nice quiver.
    How's the recoil on the 7 rum?
    Thanks...you know it does kick pretty hard, but I was sighting in a Model 700 30-06 that had no kick pad, just a thin piece of plastic on the butt, and it did more damage to my shoulder than the ultra mag.

    The other thing about the RUM is it really is just a hunting rifle. If you tried using it for weekend target practice, you would be going through barrels pretty fast. I mean the muzzle velocity is like 3,400 FPS with a 140 grain bullet. She is a barrel burner!

    She shoots damn flat though and I consistently shot touching pairs at 250 yards the last two years when I was getting her ready for hunting season. It has been shooting dead on with NO movement both years, which is pretty impressive for a walnut stock, IMO.

    It is just a great hunting rifle...and it will only start making you sore after about 20 rounds in a row. I would however, not suggest it for a flincher. It is a shame the round is not more popular with hunters...that gun will drop any North American big game at long distances.

  13. #113
    Craven Morehead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Thanks...you know it does kick pretty hard, but I was sighting in a Model 700 30-06 that had no kick pad, just a thin piece of plastic on the butt, and it did more damage to my shoulder than the ultra mag.

    The other thing about the RUM is it really is just a hunting rifle. If you tried using it for weekend target practice, you would be going through barrels pretty fast. I mean the muzzle velocity is like 3,400 FPS with a 140 grain bullet. She is a barrel burner!

    She shoots damn flat though and I consistently shot touching pairs at 250 yards the last two years when I was getting her ready for hunting season. It has been shooting dead on with NO movement both years, which is pretty impressive for a walnut stock, IMO.

    It is just a great hunting rifle...and it will only start making you sore after about 20 rounds in a row. I would however, not suggest it for a flincher. It is a shame the round is not more popular with hunters...that gun will drop any North American big game.
    All the rum calibres look good to me. Better than the weatherbys even.
    7mm is just a great combo of flat trajectory and good energy.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    People's Republic of MN
    Posts
    5,224
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckeeLocal View Post
    Are you the board moderator ? For some of us this is a firearm terror thread. It's truely scarey that this level of arms are out there in the hands of the great unwashed skiing community. And not a single gun lock in sight I choose to engage with facts and you respond with emotion. Meanwhile 206 blunt force homicides in 2005, less than 40 vehicle homicides, over 12,000 firearm homicides.
    OH MY GOD!!! Why don't you take the Kerry-Edwards sticker off your VW Bug and go hit your life partner with your purse... People like you are truly scary.

    It's good we have people like you out there to make the world a safer place for criminals.


  15. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Commiestan
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    OH MY GOD!!! Why don't you take the Kerry-Edwards sticker off your VW Bug and go hit your life partner with your purse... People like you are truly scary.

    It's good we have people like you out there to make the world a safer place for criminals.

    Yep. Nothing. You've got nothing. But it was 209 blunt force homicides in 2005. I was wrong. Let's match up firearms in a spurious comparison of tools.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the edge of wuss cliff
    Posts
    17,328
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckeeLocal View Post
    Yep. Nothing. You've got nothing. But it was 209 blunt force homicides in 2005. I was wrong. Let's match up firearms in a spurious comparison of tools.
    Wow - did you eat all your totts already? That was quick. I hope you let them cool a bit so you didn't burn your tongue. Oh - but I'm sure your mom already warned you.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    10,649

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Republik Indonesia
    Posts
    8,354
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckeeLocal View Post
    Yep. Nothing. You've got nothing. But it was 209 blunt force homicides in 2005. I was wrong. Let's match up firearms in a spurious comparison of tools.
    One typically does not place gun locks on self defense weapons (the handguns and shotguns in this thread). One also typically photographs one's firearms during shooting, pre-shooting, or cleaning. All situations when guns wouldn't be locked. There are also a few photos in here of hard sided rifle cases, which lock.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the edge of wuss cliff
    Posts
    17,328
    I'm gonna go take some pics of my ski quiver. But first I'm gonna put 'em in bags with a locked Ski-Tote so nobody accidentally skis them.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    People's Republic of MN
    Posts
    5,224
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckeeLocal View Post
    Yep. Nothing. You've got nothing. But it was 209 blunt force homicides in 2005. I was wrong. Let's match up firearms in a spurious comparison of tools.
    Were the hammers registered?

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the edge of wuss cliff
    Posts
    17,328

    Steyr Ultralight

    Saw one of these in .308 at a local shop for $1000. Very tempting. I'd probably already have it if I hadn't just blown a bunch of $ on the Tikka.
    Last edited by Jer; 04-07-2008 at 06:27 PM.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,530
    So yesterday, me and Billy were playing cowboys and Indians and he had to be the Indian and. i had my red rider BB gun and he made this super awesome bow and arrow out of a branch from the willow tree in front of his house but anyway he tried to run and I shot him with my BB gun in his leg. He was bleeding and he started to cry and his mom came running out and she was all angry and yelled at me and grabbed my BB gun from me and I went home and my mom was waiting on the lawn and she yelled real loud at me and told me to go to my room.

    I'm not going to play with Billy anymore.
    "If it had taken any effort I wouldn't have done it at all. I mean it. I wouldn't have done anything" - B. Kelso

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the edge of wuss cliff
    Posts
    17,328
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    You should play with TruckeeLocal - his mom might make you both a nice batch of tatter totts. Maybe even some Frito pie. Just make sure you don't agree to play doctor.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Front Range, CO
    Posts
    1,143
    Do the Ultralights have a set trigger?

    If not, have you looked at the CZ 550 American series? Has a thin profile barrel and detachable mag like the Steyr.


  25. #125
    Craven Morehead Guest
    Bet you could hit a tater tot at 200 yards.
    What does trukeefag think?

Similar Threads

  1. Brand New P-tex guns
    By blizzboy283 in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 08:06 AM
  2. Salomon Guns
    By shocker in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 10:09 PM
  3. Sizing for Seth Pistols vs. 1080 Guns
    By eschind in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 08:24 PM
  4. WTB B4, guns, or similar
    By mtaylor in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
  5. WTB - Salomon Teneighty Guns 175cm
    By eschind in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 09:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •