Page 368 of 435 FirstFirst ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... LastLast
Results 9,176 to 9,200 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Those are my boys. Good dudes to the core.

And unfortunately they sent me a 6.5CM, even though I requested a .308. Boofuckinghoo, right? I've heard the Fury isn't shipping yet.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Those are my boys. Good dudes to the core.

And unfortunately they sent me a 6.5CM, even though I requested a .308. Boofuckinghoo, right? I've heard the Fury isn't shipping yet.
    Dibs

Cabela's has them listed for $1500..."In select stores only". Mitchell, SD anyone?...

Is it me, or does this rifle really need to street a lot closer to a grand to be perfect? Sig is a great name [in handguns] and they're goin' places, but this rifle isn't built to last a lifetime. It's going to take continual parts replacement throughout it's life, or it's going to look like modular space debris from the Clone Wars after 20 years of catching vines, not to mention solvents & oils, UV & ozone.

That was a fantastic review. Really showed off the high functionality and the stoke of the rifle, and it made me want one [even though it's chambered too small for my fringy lifestyle objectives].

Cabela's has them listed for $1500..."In select stores only". Mitchell, SD anyone?...

Is it me, or does this rifle really need to street a lot closer to a grand to be perfect? Sig is a great name [in handguns] and they're goin' places, but this rifle isn't built to last a lifetime. It's going to take continual parts replacement throughout it's life, or it's going to look like modular space debris from the Clone Wars after 20 years of catching vines, not to mention solvents & oils, UV & ozone.

That was a fantastic review. Really showed off the high functionality and the stoke of the rifle, and it made me want one [even though it's chambered too small for my fringy lifestyle objectives].
    Handguns? Meh. Cold War era battle rifles. That's what Sig means to me. And I'll never get to fondle one, let alone own one.

I'm now fondling mine and I have to say its hard to imagine hunting with it. Just feels like a miniture AR to me. It is crazy light, well built and very well thought out. Trigger is very nice out of the box. I'll report back after shooting it.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

9th Circuit Frees California--Three judge panel.

Miracles never cease.

https://apnews.com/11a1e49886a3143f2...&utm_medium=AP
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Man, I get a hard on thinking of how many people one could kill. Bet it gives you some wood too?

What is the 2A stance on flame throwers? Now that would be a cool. Killing machine.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post

What is the 2A stance on flame throwers? Now that would be a cool. Killing machine.
    Totally unrestricted assuming you've got the bucks.

Been wondering when the BLM/Antifi/Thug Movement will start using Super Soakers as flame throwers.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

It's mostly all black ops when it comes to the violence pretending to be antifa. But whatever. Guess now one would duck me over about wearing a mask if I was packing napalm.

M16 with a 22LR upper assembled from rebranded CMMG parts (dedicated 22 barrel, CMMG bolt kit, CMMG sear trip and anti-bounce weight). I had to bend the sear trip a little (with the aid of a torch) to get it to engage the sear, but it ran great on its first time out today. In ~1k rounds of Remington Thunderbolt and Federal bucket o 22, I had two failures to extract. I'm betting that was from the filth that had accumulated. I believe that a Rugged Oculus will live on this one for the future.

No real problems at the range today, even though a VIP showed up with a full contingent of SS and FBI guys. The rangemaster hurried over and wanted to make sure everything I had with me was legal. I was entertained.
    Last edited by mangle; 08-15-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Totally unrestricted assuming you've got the bucks.

Been wondering when the BLM/Antifi/Thug Movement will start using Super Soakers as flame throwers.

Been wondering if you realize you check all the boxes as a typical fucking Southern redneck?

Name:  moore_charles_151_1991_411578_displaysize.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  356.4 KB

Been wondering if you realize you check all the boxes as a typical fucking Southern redneck?

Name:  moore_charles_151_1991_411578_displaysize.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  356.4 KB
    Gotta go with High Angle on this one. While buckets are convenient, they tend to fail when overflowing with bullshit.

Yep. Well said HA. I appreciate the goat chatter too.

9th Circuit Frees California--Three judge panel.

Miracles never cease.

https://apnews.com/11a1e49886a3143f2...&utm_medium=AP
    You're not kidding, now all the law-abiding citizens who put a pop-rivet in their standard capacity magazines to make them "low-capacity CA-legal" can remove the rivet. And once the CA AWB falls, lawful gun owners can put the illegal plastic pistol grip back on their AR's.

As if forcing only law-abiding citizens to put a pop-rivet in magazines and remove pistol grips had any effect on violent crime whatsoever... Benitez deserves a nice bottle of whiskey.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 08-16-2020 at 11:03 PM.

Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by mangle View Post
    M16 with a 22LR upper assembled from rebranded CMMG parts (dedicated 22 barrel, CMMG bolt kit, CMMG sear trip and anti-bounce weight). I had to bend the sear trip a little (with the aid of a torch) to get it to engage the sear, but it ran great on its first time out today. In ~1k rounds of Remington Thunderbolt and Federal bucket o 22, I had two failures to extract. I'm betting that was from the filth that had accumulated. I believe that a Rugged Oculus will live on this one for the future.

No real problems at the range today, even though a VIP showed up with a full contingent of SS and FBI guys. The rangemaster hurried over and wanted to make sure everything I had with me was legal. I was entertained.
    If you can find one, pick you up a couple of 50 round drums from Black Dog Machine.

http://blackdogmachinellc.net/

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Why?
    Why not?

As much as I dislike Ted Cruz, and possibly because I dislike him, the only answer is: so he can make machine gun bacon, using an actual machine gun. You're welcome.

If you can find one, pick you up a couple of 50 round drums from Black Dog Machine.

http://blackdogmachinellc.net/
    That's what's in the video. They're awesome and surprisingly fast to load. From my online reading, I was anticipating a ton of tweaking to get the whole setup to run. My only mod was bending the sear trip to just barely engage the sear (went from not touching to only tripping it when the bolt is slammed home), and the thing just ran. Everything else was straight out of the box.

I think the next range trip will be the 300 blackout upper with a can. Shooting an LMT CSW was what sold me on picking up the caliber to begin wth. Recoil was more pleasant than the 22 in auto.

I guess I can say this now that he's not here any more - William Barr (the attorney general) showed up at the range to shoot with all his security guys as I was playing with that.

Always take some cleaner with you to the range with it. I generally use brake or carburetor cleaner, as it is cheap and generally has a pretty good blast from the spray can.

I have an American 180 and it is a hoot to shoot. Pain to load 165 round drums.

Although most will run OK, my go to on my setup with a 7.5" barrel is the Mini-Mag. Consistent and a little more power.

And like I said, always keep a copy of your form 4 with you.

Big Sky Shootfest 3.0 is on for next Wednesday at 8am. (August 26th).

Location should be obvious from our previous posts, PM Talisman or myself for details.

With hunting season coming up fast place has gotten quite a bit busier, so we probably won’t have the entire range to ourselves like we did before.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

That looks fun.

Not sure how random it is, and I bet they will pick people who they think have an idea of what they’re getting into. They do ask for your zip code. Shooting requirements are trivial. I love how they encourage suppressors.

Keep in mind, valley floor is 6500 or so up there, and goats are at treeline, which can be 9500. I’m not too worried about it.

Don't be surprised if they expect that 4MOA group to also happen at ~30 degrees up or down angle...
    EurAsian guides are much better about measuring that shit in the field. You hear ibex and tur hunters going on about "312 meters with 28 degree angle..."* or some such because they use rangefinders with (in)clinometers, some of which compute horizontal distance to hold for.

A little practice shooting at steep angles will always benefit a mountain hunter!

Thinhorn sheep guides usually recommend a 7mag or one of the 300s. You don't want to have to carry another firearm in bear country, and you may have to take a shot up to 400yds [even though the guide's job is to put you within 200 - shit happens]. A fast flat magnum shooting a heavy bullet with a high BC can help take a lot of wind out of a shot too.

And If Gordon Eastman had thought of taping a dope table to his rifle stock, there'd be a lot less sheep in the Yukon and NWT today...

*312m horizontal distance with a 28 degree shot angle means the slope distance read 353.4m....basically the difference between holding [or dialing] for 300m vs the 350m the bullet will actually travel before it hits the target 166m below the hunter.
    Last edited by highangle; 08-21-2020 at 11:22 AM.