Page 341 of 355 FirstFirst ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 8862

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

  1. #8501
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    10,466
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Yea, probably me saying I donít want my guns anymore. Mostly still true, just want to keep the S&W for home protection, plus I think itís beautiful and it gives me a boner to look at.

    Iíll probably sell the Glock now that I just carry bear spray in the backcountry.

    The AK I bought for cash from a shady dude years back (later found out he was a gang banger from Long Beach), itís fun to shoot pumpkins with and the ammo is cheap but I donít want it anymore. Not going to sell it or give it away for reasons that Iím not sure about itís life prior to me owning it, and wouldnít want anything to be tied back to me in case. It will either stay hidden in my attic for eternity (or until the zombies attack) or be destroyed.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    A man's got his reasons. We good.

  2. #8502
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    8,049
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Yea, probably me saying I don’t want my guns anymore. Mostly still true, just want to keep the S&W for home protection, plus I think it’s beautiful and it gives me a boner to look at.

    I’ll probably sell the Glock now that I just carry bear spray in the backcountry.

    The AK I bought for cash from a shady dude years back (later found out he was a gang banger from Long Beach), it’s fun to shoot pumpkins with and the ammo is cheap but I don’t want it anymore. Not going to sell it or give it away for reasons that I’m not sure about it’s life prior to me owning it, and wouldn’t want anything to be tied back to me in case. It will either stay hidden in my attic for eternity (or until the zombies attack) or be destroyed.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I kinda understand that. I would trust myself with the AK, But not too many others. And I don't want one. I guess you need to trust your fellow man a bit more?

    You have a gun safe Right?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  3. #8503
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,595
    I luv my AKs. Yours is Chinese, you could put a proper wood stock and grip back on it to make it factory again. The one mag even looks to be a Chinese flat back.

    They are fine shooters and as you stated the ammo is still cheap. Shoot it and become proficient with it. You may need it one day.

    If you post better pictures of the markings on it I could tell you a bit more.
    watch out for snakes

  4. #8504
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,871
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    I luv my AKs. Yours is Chinese, you could put a proper wood stock and grip back on it to make it factory again. The one mag even looks to be a Chinese flat back.

    They are fine shooters and as you stated the ammo is still cheap. Shoot it and become proficient with it. You may need it one day.

    If you post better pictures of the markings on it I could tell you a bit more.
    Itís a Norinco Mak 90 sporter

    I bought 3 or 4 different mods for it over the years and now its kinda Frankenstein.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #8505
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    10,466
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Itís a Norinco Mak 90 sporter

    I bought 3 or 4 different mods for it over the years and now its kinda Frankenstein.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Pre-ban or post ban? KSI import?

  6. #8506
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,871
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Pre-ban or post ban? KSI import?
    Post I think.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  7. #8507
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,595
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Itís a Norinco Mak 90 sporter

    I bought 3 or 4 different mods for it over the years and now its kinda Frankenstein.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    10-4, what I thought so but there are some Poly tech rifles out there as well. Certain importers are less common that others. You can legally have it put back with the folding bayonet which involves replacing the front sight block with an after market unit and the lower hand guard with the cut out for the spike. I have one and it is one of my favorites.
    watch out for snakes

  8. #8508
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    9,464

    GUNS!!!!!!!!

    Snagged this for $359. Pre ban Glock. Came with 1 non drop free mag and a drop free pre ban mag that itself is worth $175. Nothing missing and like new condition. Worth twice what I paid. These gun shops just donít have a clue.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2516.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	297548


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  9. #8509
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    8,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Snagged this for $359. Pre ban Glock. Came with 1 non drop free mag and a drop free pre ban mag that itself is worth $175. Nothing missing and like new condition. Worth twice what I paid. These gun shops just don’t have a clue.



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2516.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	297548


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Where do you find something like that? DAM I only shoot 45, but hell I would have spent the rent to grab that
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  10. #8510
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    9,464
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Where do you find something like that? DAM I only shoot 45, but hell I would have spent the rent to grab that
    Iíve been lucky this year. When Iím out in rural Illinois or Missouri, in between appts, I pop into small gun shops. They generally hate glocks in favor of SW revolvers etc and are always clueless. Originally I thought I had 3 of those drop free mags, which would have been worth $500 alone. They were made for 6 months before the ban. All others after came stamped le/govt, but people in Masschucetts can only use pre ban hi cap mags, so they pay a lot for them. But two were gen 4 mags. It also has the original ďuĒ notch non drop free mag that were made before the switch but are worth less. I could barely keep a straight face when buying it. This has everything that came from the factory, never found that before. Box still has numbered sticker too.

    Iím waiting for the day I find a gen 1 like this, with a pencil barrel, and a make 5000 bucks!
    Last edited by Cono Este; 10-12-2019 at 08:45 PM.

  11. #8511
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,595
    Dang, that was a good deal.
    watch out for snakes

  12. #8512
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,595
    watch out for snakes

  13. #8513
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, MA/Jackson, WY
    Posts
    470
    I'm a big fan of the whole Brownells retro line. I should probably back that up by buying some of them. The BRN-180 is particularly cool, but an A1 upper would be quite appropriate as a next purchase. The Proto is beautiful and I've always had a thing for the charging handle underneath the carry handle.

    In other news, I recently learned that transferable trigger packs for AUGs exist. Mind = blown. Diplomatic Immunity!
    Last edited by mangle; 10-14-2019 at 09:51 PM.

  14. #8514
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aspen, Colorado
    Posts
    2,517
    I pulled out three of my favorite rifles and took som pics, but I canít figure out how to post them via Iphone.
    #1. Standard grade Winchester 71 in .348. It was my great uncleís, then my dadís, and now itís mine. Excellent condition

    #2. Browning 1885 falling block in 7mmRM. Itís a flat shooting gun with the 28Ē octagonal barrel and 4.5x14 Burris scope

    #3. Poly Tech AK-47S. I bought this gun in 1994 for $450 new in box. I kept it that way for a decade, until I just had to shoot it. The box is gone now. I have about half a case of ammo left from when I bought the gun. Probably less that 500 rounds thru it and not a single failure of any kind. I wish I could say that of the Ruger ranch rifle I bought at the same time

  15. #8515
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,595
    Quote Originally Posted by mangle View Post
    I'm a big fan of the whole Brownells retro line. I should probably back that up by buying some of them. The BRN-180 is particularly cool, but an A1 upper would be quite appropriate as a next purchase. The Proto is beautiful and I've always had a thing for the charging handle underneath the carry handle.

    In other news, I recently learned that transferable trigger packs for AUGs exist. Mind = blown. Diplomatic Immunity!
    HK trigger packs will make you happy as well.
    watch out for snakes

  16. #8516
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post

    #3. Poly Tech AK-47S. I bought this gun in 1994 for $450 new in box. I kept it that way for a decade, until I just had to shoot it. The box is gone now. I have about half a case of ammo left from when I bought the gun. Probably less that 500 rounds thru it and not a single failure of any kind. I wish I could say that of the Ruger ranch rifle I bought at the same time
    Too bad about the box, retarded collectors will pay redonkulous prices for a Poly tech in the box. I have seen boxes on gunjokers from time to time but then it would not be serno'd to the rifle. What kind of Chinese ammo you got?
    watch out for snakes

  17. #8517
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    9,464

    GUNS!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Too bad about the box, retarded collectors will pay redonkulous prices for a Poly tech in the box. I have seen boxes on gunjokers from time to time but then it would not be serno'd to the rifle. What kind of Chinese ammo you got?
    Boxes and papers is where itís at. I wonít buy anything without at least the box. Mags are collectible too. The extras are often over looked and what can often pay for a deal itself.

    A 1984 glock manual sold for $800 bucks recently on eBay.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #8518
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,595
    Problem is people with more money than brains have ruined much of the collectors market.

    Those buying handguns, rifles and shot guns as a financial investment have wrecked many areas of collecting leaving many items over valued. See it all the time online. I still get a good laugh out of many for sale ads.
    watch out for snakes

  19. #8519
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    9,464

    GUNS!!!!!!!!

    Not if you know more than the other guy.

    I love the look of these good old boys when I walk in ask ďdo you have any old Glock stuff?Ē Mags and stuff.

    ďGlock? Collectors pieces? Then they point me to a model 66 and say, ďnow thatís a collectors piece boyĒ.

    Then I remind them SW is now copying Glock.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  20. #8520
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aspen, Colorado
    Posts
    2,517
    At the time, I had no idea it was going to be a collectible gun. Ammo is Russian steel cases Wolf

  21. #8521
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    4,862
    Got the boy out for his first steel challenge/comp today. He shot at a nice controlled pace and probably had a 90% hit rate. And, more importantly, he had a blast.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steel.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	298673

    We took Friday off and banged some steel at 900 yards....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buff2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	298675
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

  22. #8522
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Mostly the Elks, mostly.
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Got the boy out for his first steel challenge/comp today. He shot at a nice controlled pace and probably had a 90% hit rate. And, more importantly, he had a blast.
    Sick! THAT is a great thing.

    What setup to 900?

  23. #8523
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, MA/Jackson, WY
    Posts
    470
    I put together a 10.5" 300 blackout upper last week and finally got to shoot it. To my surprise, it cycles subs and supers with or without a can just fine. I had resisted adding another caliber, but I was convinced when I got to play with an LMT CSW a few months ago (their entry to the SURG competition - super short, integral suppressor). They're plenty controllable at the cyclic and quiet.

    I'm running a 762RC2 on it now. I have an Obsidian 45 that should be approved in the next few weeks. Anyone ever tried that on a 300 blackout rifle? I know I shouldn't run supers through it, but I'm hoping it might be quieter than the RC2 with subs?

    In the spirit of oddball calibers, I also picked up a PS90. I'm kinda on the fence about SBRing it, but I probably will.

  24. #8524
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    4,862
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    Sick! THAT is a great thing.

    What setup to 900?
    Bergara 300 Win Mag and 6.5CM. We managed to lob a few 55gr .223 rounds on to the steel, but it was pushing that round...
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

  25. #8525
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,595
    Born today 100 years ago Mikhail Kalashnikov.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	obitkalashnikov.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	425.5 KB 
ID:	301795

    Name:  WO-AQ736_Kalash_DV_20131223155710.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  44.1 KB
    watch out for snakes

Similar Threads

  1. Brand New P-tex guns
    By blizzboy283 in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 08:06 AM
  2. Salomon Guns
    By shocker in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 10:09 PM
  3. Sizing for Seth Pistols vs. 1080 Guns
    By eschind in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 08:24 PM
  4. WTB B4, guns, or similar
    By mtaylor in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
  5. WTB - Salomon Teneighty Guns 175cm
    By eschind in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 09:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •