Page 340 of 355 FirstFirst ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 8861

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Here's a couple levers. A Model 94 my grandpa bought the year I was born. I have his old saddle scabbard for it too. Now I need a horse. And his 71 Deluxe. Not cheep to shoot but he gifted me another couple hundred rounds.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Those are beautiful!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Me and the grommet put a rail and scope on an old 10/22. Took it out and sighted it in last weekend . Kid did the shooting. He was stoked to get it in black at 75 yrds on third group. Spent the rest of the time busting tin cans. Fun time in the west desertClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20191006_144146.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	297082Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191006_145842.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	297083
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Time to go old school.

1957 Win Model 12 Heavy Duck with a factory installed vent rib which to my understanding is there are not many around, especially in this condition. A lot of Simmons after market installs.

Next up...Colt Army Special 38 that my great grandpa carried.

Took the Model 75 out. It's a shooter. First shot to see where it would hit and then touching 3 shot groups at 25 yds for the next 50 or so rounds. It was a 25 yd range so need to see what it can do outside soon. Really liked the trigger and fun to shoot an old peep.
    I can't see pics for some reason but it sounds like we have identical model 12s. Mine was my first shotgun. They're fantastic guns...built like tanks with a lasting finish that you just don't find any more.

This is my Model 1912, build date 1916 - Winchester shortened it to Model 12 in 1919. It belonged to my great uncle, no bluing left whatsoever. A lot of Southern Illinois squirrels and rabbits fell to this gun. I try to take it out once a year to bag a ditch chicken.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phez (2).jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	350.4 KB 
ID:	297090

Hey, I picked up one of those a few months ago. Built in 1914. Mine was also shortened to about 20". I seem to recall that it was a Trap Model. Haven't shot it yet.
    °”rale, vato!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Time to go old school.

1957 Win Model 12 Heavy Duck with a factory installed vent rib which to my understanding is there are not many around, especially in this condition. A lot of Simmons after market installs.

Next up...Colt Army Special 38 that my great grandpa carried.

Took the Model 75 out. It's a shooter. First shot to see where it would hit and then touching 3 shot groups at 25 yds for the next 50 or so rounds. It was a 25 yd range so need to see what it can do outside soon. Really liked the trigger and fun to shoot an old peep.
    Have fun with the Model 12, she is a beauty. They are phenominal shooters.

My FIL introduced me to shotgun sports 20 years ago with an O/U. Soon thereafter I bought a nice Browning O/U.

A couple of years later I shot my FIL's Model 12. I had never before shot a pump gun. It was love at first shot. I've got a couple of 12 gauge shooters now, one mod and one full choke, and sold the O/U years ago. They fit me like a glove and point like a dream.

They are a dream on the sporting Clay's course. The model 12 full choke is very tight but is a ton of fun shooting clay birds. That duck gun will be a load of fun shooting Clay's. I hope you get a chance to shoot it often.

Bring it out and I guarantee a few guys will ask about the gun and reminisce about the model 12 they once had and wish they never sold.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BC13 View Post
    Bring it out and I guarantee a few guys will ask about the gun and reminisce about the model 12 they once had and wish they never sold.
    Had one. Sold it. Hate myself for it

Grandfather left me a bunch of guns and that was one of them. (Dad not a gun guy, does not hunt or fish, I did both with "Pepere", so he left me his guns instead of my Dad) Needed money, had other shotguns, and was not really into shotgun sports at the time. DUMB

I haven't rifle hunted in years (like 20?), but I have a kid that's super into it and so I'm going to dive in to have an activity to do with him.

Anyone have anything to say to sway me one way or the other for 7mm vs 300wsm in the same rifle?

7mm/08

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    7mm/08
    I probably should have clarified; I only have the choice between those two. This will primarily be an elk gun, although I guess, I could theoretically see myself going up or down the ungulate size chart at some point in the future.

I'm a 7 RM guy but nothing wrong with a .300 WSM. The recoil on the mags, usually on the lighter mountain rifles, can be a lot causing people to flinch on the shot so something to be aware of. A lot of guys will run a muzzle brake and wear earplugs (me).

7mm WSM or 7mm Rem mag? I'd be all over a 7wsm. Great round, but be aware that ammo has been scarce at times.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I haven't rifle hunted in years (like 20?), but I have a kid that's super into it and so I'm going to dive in to have an activity to do with him.

Anyone have anything to say to sway me one way or the other for 7mm vs 300wsm in the same rifle?
    What is the 7mm? Remington magnum?
    As conundrum pointed out, the 300wsm can be a handful for a beginner shooter who will be susceptible to recoil causing them to flinch.
    The 7mm RM is a great cartridge and in a normal weight hunting rifle, 8-9lbs kitted, it will have manageable recoil. The 300 on the other hand will have significant recoil which can be tamed with a brake.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    What is the 7mm? Remington magnum?
    As conundrum pointed out, the 300wsm can be a handful for a beginner shooter who will be susceptible to recoil causing them to flinch.
    The 7mm RM is a great cartridge and in a normal weight hunting rifle, 8-9lbs kitted, it will have manageable recoil. The 300 on the other hand will have significant recoil which can be tamed with a brake.
    Yep, the 7mm is a rem mag. Not a new shooter but also not a fan of muzzle brakes. I've shot quite a bit but I'm as susceptible to recoil as anyone and if you guys think there is a noticeable difference, then I would lean towards the 7mm RM.

Loving all of the old Winchesters getting posted up. When my Dad came over from Italy, his family settled in New Haven. Many of his neighbors and eventually his friends worked in the Winchester factory, so he was always able to find great deals.

Here are a few that he's given me over the years. Pictured are mostly Model 21, 101, 70 and Super-X's, but there are a few non winchester stragglers in there like my Beretta made Weatherby Mark XXII, ruger 77/22 and my muzzleloader.

Going where the wind don't blow so strange
    Maybe on some high cold mountain range

101's were always a favorite.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

And a couple more .22s. Savage Model 24c the "Camper Companion". My grandpa used to carry this in his camper for quick road side pullovers when rabbits and pheasants were plenty and legal to shoot a bunch of. Sinle shot over under .22/20 gauge with storage in the butt for 10 rds of .22 and two rounds of 20g. It's a short barrel too. Took this out and it's not accurate whatsoever but was fun to squeeze a few slugs off with.

Next is a JC Higgins Model 30 semi-auto. Haven't shot this one yet. The front bead was missing and the factory scope was too cloudy to see through. Apparently these are cheap guns to pick up but if you get a good one, will hang with, or even out shoot, 10/22s. The dovetail is smaller than normal so not many rings available. I found these Leupold Rifleman rings that fit and put a 2-7x Crossfire II on it. Also put a Lyman bead on the front. The Rifleman rings are cool and let you look under to use iron sights. This funky little rifle has a left hand charge, right side ejection port, and is 18 rd tube feeding. Also has a jeweled action and AL receiver and a reeling sling that comes out of the rear stock. Pretty cool for a 1950s rifle.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phez (2).jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	350.4 KB 
ID:	297090
    You take that photo? Good enough to be a Goddamn Field and Stream cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Hereís the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

Thanks!

About 30 years ago one of my momís friends gave me a 20 gauge model 12. Her son was anti gun and was going to fill it with concrete as some political statement. I kept it a few years and sold it for $150. Doh!

Wife and kid out of town so get to play with my toys. Been a while, missed you buddies. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4939.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	266.7 KB 
ID:	297466

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Situational Awareness. Good call.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Wife and kid out of town so get to play with my toys. Been a while, missed you buddies. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4939.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	266.7 KB 
ID:	297466

I am not going to judge or anything, but I remember a post you made last year? I guess it a visceral reaction to a tragic.
    event.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I am not going to judge or anything, but I remember a post you made last year? I guess it a visceral reaction to a tragic.
    event.
    Yea, probably me saying I donít want my guns anymore. Mostly still true, just want to keep the S&W for home protection, plus I think itís beautiful and it gives me a boner to look at.

Iíll probably sell the Glock now that I just carry bear spray in the backcountry.

The AK I bought for cash from a shady dude years back (later found out he was a gang banger from Long Beach), itís fun to shoot pumpkins with and the ammo is cheap but I donít want it anymore. Not going to sell it or give it away for reasons that Iím not sure about itís life prior to me owning it, and wouldnít want anything to be tied back to me in case. It will either stay hidden in my attic for eternity (or until the zombies attack) or be destroyed.