Page 336 of 399 FirstFirst ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 9957

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

  1. #8376
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    37ft above the hood
    Posts
    16,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Sure you can
    Ya I posted in this thread about it and was ignored. I pasted the link to China
    Zone Controller

    "He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

    "DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

  2. #8377
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    3,898
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Scotty can claim whatever he wants, but, when they banned “assault rifles” they obviously didn’t confer with him. They seemed to have a differing opinion.
    The last “Assault Rifle “ ban was a joke,
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

  3. #8378
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wa wa..tatic
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Take the politics (either way) to the right forum.
    Yeah I know, my bad

  4. #8379
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    5,640
    It doesn't matter what you call them. Rifles that handle high capacity magazines of high powered .223s are designed for attaining high body counts of humans, not hunting or anything else. I know they're fun to play with, but the fact remains that some collect them and large piles of ammo just because they like the notion that they could commit mayhem should they ever decide to do so.. Be it a societal breakdown, civil war, or just getting pissed off. Societal breakdown in the aftermath of a large catastrophe is the main reason I have some guns and ammo. You'll have to defend your stuff if the cops and national guard are nowhere to be found in a chaotic situation.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  5. #8380
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    9,256
    They don't even know what really scary looks like.

    https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2019/...-pcc-division/

    Watch a Youtube video of a PCC shooter.

    The really skilled shooters don't go off on crowds of innocent people.

    Excpt that one ass hole in the clock Tower
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  6. #8381
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    9,256
    Here ya go.

    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  7. #8382
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    It doesn't matter what you call them. Rifles that handle high capacity magazines of high powered .223s are designed for attaining high body counts of humans, not hunting or anything else. I know they're fun to play with, but the fact remains that some collect them and large piles of ammo just because they like the notion that they could commit mayhem should they ever decide to do so.. Be it a societal breakdown, civil war, or just getting pissed off. Societal breakdown in the aftermath of a large catastrophe is the main reason I have some guns and ammo. You'll have to defend your stuff if the cops and national guard are nowhere to be found in a chaotic situation.
    What about all the Concentration camps?

  8. #8383
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    9,256
    I have stood behind several people competing with these, it's something to see.

    Seems it's gaining popularity rapidly.
    I want to at least be a decent pistol competitor before moving on to something else.

    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  9. #8384
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    15,846
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    The really skilled shooters don't go off on crowds of innocent people.
    ???

    skill has zero to do with intent or good/evil

    skill just determines efficacy

    a skilled shooter could decimate a crowd of innocent people...it's sort of the point of the skills, to be accurate in killing

  10. #8385
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    写道
    Posts
    12,970
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    ???

    skill has zero to do with intent or good/evil

    skill just determines efficacy

    a skilled shooter could decimate a crowd of innocent people...it's sort of the point of the skills, to be accurate in killing
    You're making stuff up now.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

  11. #8386
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,968
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I have stood behind several people competing with these, it's something to see.

    Seems it's gaining popularity rapidly.
    I want to at least be a decent pistol competitor before moving on to something else.

    Jerry is awesome!
    watch out for snakes

  12. #8387
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    15,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    You're making stuff up now.
    which part?

  13. #8388
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SE Idaho
    Posts
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    You're making stuff up now.
    Come on man, cut him some slack. What do you expect from some dude who drinks White Claw?

    Edit for: nttiawwt.

  14. #8389
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In your Dreams
    Posts
    110
    What does a real man like you drink? Why does it make you a man?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

  15. #8390
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    37ft above the hood
    Posts
    16,397

    GUNS!!!!!!!!

    I still can’t get over the whole

    “ranges are the safest place on earth”

    Absolutely idiotic. Brain worm attack

    Safest place ever filled with fetishists, hobbyists and total noobs handling loaded weapons.

    Safer than a meat packing plant perhaps
    Zone Controller

    "He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

    "DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

  16. #8391
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Frantically crawling out of the backseat
    Posts
    668
    This is not the place for this debate. Since you quoted me and seem somewhat interested in actually hearing opposing points of view, I'll go ahead and respond; but it will be my last reply in this thread. We can go elsewhere if we want to continue.

    Quote Originally Posted by _______ View Post
    Is this the way you want & hope to live? How do you aspire your life to be?
    Certainly not. Life has always been a capricious and merciless force, our technology has done little to change that. I wish we lived in a world where we are all protected and carefree, but that isn't the world we have, and we don't have any tools to make it so. People do awful things to each other. The police force is there to investigate crimes, not prevent them.
    Quote Originally Posted by _______ View Post
    The result is a high density of gun ownership that has been statistically shown to create less safety, not more
    That is far from proven. If anything, gun density has been shown to have little effect one way or the other on "safety".
    Quote Originally Posted by _______ View Post
    Society works on a very fundamental level because we all agree not to assault each other. That way, we can all go to school, get groceries, and recreate with liberty & dignity.
    This is a very generous interpretation of humanity. Firstly, people assault each other every single day. Therefore, by your logic, society doesn't work. And yet, here we are. So society must clearly work every though we go on assaulting one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by _______ View Post
    people are appalled at the mass shootings...pursuit of public safety
    And that gets to the heart of my primary argument. The public outcry against mass shootings is born of an emotional response, not from some clear-eyed righteous indignation or cognizant call to arms to defend public health. People worry about threats that are unfamiliar and violent, regardless of how rare. If people were truly concerned about public safety, there would be a greater concern for obesity and heart disease, drownings, falls, poisonings, and car accidents. Those all take more lives than firearms, and far more lives than mass shootings. And that's without even mentioning Global Warming, which will surely come to claim all of our grandchildren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Beyond the false equivalence of a motor vehicle accident vs. an intentional shooting
    The risk of automobile fatalities to firearm fatalities is a legitimate equivalence when the debate is framed as a public health issue (as it recently as been). It's not a very good one in my opinion (I prefer drownings, poisonings, etc), because of the ubiquity of vehicles, which is why I used the car example only when lamenting the piss-poor ability humans have to assess risks in general, independent of the firearm debate.

    But, since you mentioned intentional shooting and automobile accidents, they are certainly different, in the fact that one involves a criminal act and the other doesn't. I'll go ahead and invoke the usual argument here that actions should be prohibited, not means. As other Mags in this forum have pointed out, it is illegal to drive over 85 mph, but not illegal to own and regularly drive a car capable of going considerably faster than 85.

    And just like cars, we have made guns safer. We've improved chamber engineering to prevent catastrophic failure, we've instituted manual safeties on nearly all guns, we've standardized powder charges, we've invented technology to prevent accidental discharge when the gun is dropped, etc.

    Yes, we have air bags, and crumple zones, and seat belts; but we have known for a long time that the speed of the car in an accident is the killer, but we continue to increase speed limits. We've engineered safer cars, but haven't addressed the unsafe human behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

  17. #8392
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    5,640
    Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post

    And just like cars, we have made guns safer. We've improved chamber engineering to prevent catastrophic failure, we've instituted manual safeties on nearly all guns, we've standardized powder charges, we've invented technology to prevent accidental discharge when the gun is dropped, etc.
    .
    But guns don't kill people, people kill people. Drivers are heavily regulated and tested before being allowed to use cars on public roads, and their vehicles are also tested annually to be sure they are not unsafe. Gun owners and our equipment, not so much... especially where there is open carry with no permit required. I think the last part is pretty nuts. I'm fine with well regulated CCL/W and collecting fun guns to use on your own property or at the range. But, totally unregulated open carry is just insane..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  18. #8393
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,044
    If the 2A guys think that people are the problem, then why not impose a license for every gun in 3 steps like a drivers license. Mandatory mental testing every 4 years too. One needs a standard drivers license to drive a car, a hunting license. Next is a motorcycle permit, and then a semi-auto and pistol license, then a CDL or a big bore, (50cal and up) license. Everyone wins, 2A folks keeps all their guns, while we weed out the loonies.

    It's a start

  19. #8394
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    723
    Fer Christ’s sake.

    So thrilled that suppressors are class 3 cause that really makes people a lot safer to have a gigantic tax and cooling off period.

  20. #8395
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    37ft above the hood
    Posts
    16,397
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1203.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	478.6 KB 
ID:	293220




    Absolutely zero critical thought was given before writing this nonsense
    Zone Controller

    "He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

    "DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

  21. #8396
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    If the 2A guys think that people are the problem, then why not impose a license for every gun in 3 steps like a drivers license. Mandatory mental testing every 4 years too. One needs a standard drivers license to drive a car, a hunting license. Next is a motorcycle permit, and then a semi-auto and pistol license, then a CDL or a big bore, (50cal and up) license. Everyone wins, 2A folks keeps all their guns, while we weed out the loonies.

    It's a start
    The argument against this, which I am not making is... smoking.

    You can only smoke in one side of a restaurant.
    Okay only in the bar.
    Not in any bar.
    Not within 10 feet of the door.
    Not within 30 feet of the door.
    Not outdoors.
    Not in your office.
    Not in front of your office.

    A FOID might pass... if it banned any further restrictions as well.

  22. #8397
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    5,640
    Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    The argument against this, which I am not making is... smoking.

    You can only smoke in one side of a restaurant.
    Okay only in the bar.
    Not in any bar.
    Not within 10 feet of the door.
    Not within 30 feet of the door.
    Not outdoors.
    Not in your office.
    Not in front of your office.

    A FOID might pass... if it banned any further restrictions as well.
    Cigarettes and sidearms is actually a great analogy. Both make the person feel better, more secure.. However, both are actually very dangerous to the person and to everyone else around them..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  23. #8398
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    If the 2A guys think that people are the problem, then why not impose a license for every gun in 3 steps like a drivers license. Mandatory mental testing every 4 years too. One needs a standard drivers license to drive a car, a hunting license. Next is a motorcycle permit, and then a semi-auto and pistol license, then a CDL or a big bore, (50cal and up) license. Everyone wins, 2A folks keeps all their guns, while we weed out the loonies.

    It's a start
    Driving is a privilege, not a right like the 2a. Also, that arguement is moot. If the DMV/registrations/licensing worked, then why do DUI's and the like keep happening?
    Keep this in polyass

    Back on topic...
    Anyone have any experience with low power variable optics? Looking at a few(swamp fox, primary arms, vortex etc in the 1-6x maybe 8 range) not looking to break the bank(sub 400).

  24. #8399
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,968
    I have several Primary Arms scopes, best bang for the buck IMHO.

    They have a fixed 4X that has an integral mounting base that is nice and the 1-6X is illuminated and pretty tough.
    watch out for snakes

  25. #8400
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Wa wa..tatic
    Posts
    3,674
    I love Primary Arms, I agree that they are the best bang for your buck optic company out there. Their ACSS reticle is absolutely awesome - maybe the best reticle in rifle optics. Its on a bunch of fixed and varitable scopes. This 1-6 scope fits your price
    https://www.primaryarms.com/pa-1-6x2...-reticle-black
    This one is even cheaper if you don't mind second focal plane
    https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...45-308-reticle

Similar Threads

  1. Brand New P-tex guns
    By blizzboy283 in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 08:06 AM
  2. Salomon Guns
    By shocker in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 10:09 PM
  3. Sizing for Seth Pistols vs. 1080 Guns
    By eschind in forum Tech Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 08:24 PM
  4. WTB B4, guns, or similar
    By mtaylor in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
  5. WTB - Salomon Teneighty Guns 175cm
    By eschind in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 09:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •