Page 304 of 435 FirstFirst ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

Tommy gun. I would want an illegal Thompson submachine gun. Sorry for not being more specific.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Tommy gun. I would want an illegal Thompson submachine gun. Sorry for not being more specific.
    Asking for help in committing a felony is very un-brolike.

Probably hard to find an unregistered Thompson. Others probably not nearly as hard.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofSeasonsPast View Post
    Asking for help in committing a felony is very un-brolike.
    Even undude like.

Curious and not trolling. If one wanted to buy a Thompson, how hard would it be? Not legally, I mean to just buy one.
    you wonder why we think you're trolling?

I might believe this statement if you lived in far-eastern CO or maybe western OK or SE UT. In suburban NC, surrounded by gun ranges, it's by itself a very interesting thing to say. If you weren't typical in terms of adhering to fictions about guns, while openly advocating restricting the civil rights of others about the same subject, it would be funny.
    Sad but true..

https://www.google.com/maps/search/p...!3m1!4b1?hl=en

Same two options given when I asked while purchasing the gun from Bull City Armory with recommended best ammo options from dealer familiar with the model

Perhaps you should travel here from mother Russia and take a closer look around.

And further ignorance above is that I'm actually from Lawton, southwestern OK. There are way more public gun range options there than here.. but thanks for playing and flinging the bullshit...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Curious and not trolling. If one wanted to buy a Thompson, how hard would it be? Not legally, I mean to just buy one.
    pm 25k to TNKEN

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Sad but true..

https://www.google.com/maps/search/p...!3m1!4b1?hl=en

Same two options given when I asked while purchasing the gun from Bull City Armory with recommended best ammo options from dealer familiar with the model

Perhaps you should travel here from mother Russia and take a closer look around.

And further ignorance above is that I'm actually from Lawton, southwestern OK. There are way more public gun range options there than here.. but thanks for playing and flinging the bullshit...

Ya have to put 500 rounds down range a month, or give the gun to the wife.

Seriously, I’ve been shooting my whole life, but in the last 2 yrs I got serious, got instruction, and shoot 2x a month. I’m shocked how much better I am now.

Sad but true...
    Give a neighborhood in Durham where you live. Bro. In the amount of time you spent on here today, you could have driven back and forth to several ranges, and probably at least learned some basic gun handling skills from the professional instruction that you undoubtedly need in your case. Since you have in the past said you lived in downtown Durham, you ain't in that case 45 minutes from a range.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Probably hard to find an unregistered Thompson. Others probably not nearly as hard.
    Check. Wish I still knew that Iron Horseman who said he owed me a solid.

I was thinking a Tommy gun because I was watched a WWII history show about how effective they were in close combat, i.e. home invasion and then the recent posts about arming and training for just that, close combat. If the shit hits the fan then law is gone so I don't think I'd be worrying about the legalities of survival and a submachine gun would be a great tool for the house. Like a fire extinguisher. Locked against the wall so child/idiot proof. Need only to live fire practice once. Overpowering extinguishing of a threat. Seems a logical solution to me.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I really think you need to be tested for conditions like Toxoplasmosis. You're brain does not function properly. You can't see that but it needs to be done and you need help.

AGAIN...

The moderators should not continue to let wooley post a request to help commit a felony, they are enabling his decline and should by now have some responsibility for any future antisocial behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by exsparky View Post
    I really think you need to be tested for conditions like Toxoplasmosis. You're brain does not function properly. You can't see that but it needs to be done and you need help.

AGAIN...

The moderators should not continue to let wooley post a request to help commit a felony, they are enabling his decline and should by now have some responsibility for any future antisocial behavior.
    Wooley's an idiot. Not too worried about the random probability of a mag wanting to dump an illegal firearm making any deals with him, but thanks for your concern.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Since you have in the past said you lived in downtown Durham, you ain't in that case 45 minutes from a range.
    You're not familiar with the traffic here. It's easily 20--30 minutes each way to the closest one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Ya have to put 500 rounds down range a month, or give the gun to the wife.

Seriously, I’ve been shooting my whole life, but in the last 2 yrs I got serious, got instruction, and shoot 2x a month. I’m shocked how much better I am now.
    You're confusing me for someone who cares about firing bullets. I'm fine with air guns at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Wooley's an idiot. Not too worried about the random probability of a mag wanting to dump an illegal firearm making any deals with him, but thanks for your concern.
    "Curious and not trolling. If one wanted to buy a Thompson, how hard would it be? Not legally, I mean to just buy one."

You assumed that "one" was me. I'm saving for an electric bike, not preparing to hold off the neighbors.

Somebody should more stoke pics of sexy shot patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    IMO, 458 SOCOM is a novelty cartridge. The 300gr pills are like tossing rocks downrange which is cool, but the ballistics suck and the round drops off a cliff between 150 - 200 yds. The other problem is the .50AE parent case. Brass is expensive, and not worth the novelty. Again, this is just my opinion based on my experience with the round (I have a 458 SOCOM upper). If I were to do it all over again, I'd probably do .50 Beowulf. Same parent case, but heavier rounds and ever so slightly improved ballistics. You mention that you are looking for something built on an AR10 lower, but .458 SOCOM (and .50 Beowulf) uppers are both designed for AR15 lowers. If I were doing a non 308 build on an AR10 lower I'd probably consider 300 WinMag or 7mm RemMag.

With all of that said, I truly don't think it would be worth it for you to do something in a wildcat or less common cartridge unless you have plans to start reloading again.
    Can you do 7mm and 300 mag cartridges in an AR10? The reality is that a 308 would be about ideal for hunting black bears. I am looking for a heavy bullet for close range shooting. I have magnums for distance shooting. The other route I have been looking at is a big bore lever gun.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Can you do 7mm and 300 mag cartridges in an AR10? The reality is that a 308 would be about ideal for hunting black bears. I am looking for a heavy bullet for close range shooting. I have magnums for distance shooting. The other route I have been looking at is a big bore lever gun.
    Plenty of caliber options on the AR10 platform:

300 Win Mag:

https://pof-usa.com/firearms/p300/

7mm RemMag

https://onlylongrange.com/bn36x3-lon...g-7mm-rem-mag/

30-06:

https://onlylongrange.com/bn36x3-carbine-30-06/

But if .308 is good for your application, just go with a vanilla AR10 which will be chambered in .308. I've got 2 older KAC SR-25's that are absolutely phenomenal.

https://www.knightarmco.com/14055/sh...25-e2-pr-m-lok

As far as lever guns go, I've been eyefucking these for a while, but haven't gotten around to buying one yet:

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/45-70-lever-action/

OK bitches.. Caved to the peer pressure and spent a chunk of time to drive to the range.. FWIW KOOK, I left my driveway at 10:30 am having already watched the required training video with online forms filled out. I already had ammo purchased, magazines loaded before leaving. It wasn't until almost 11:30 by the time I was actually on the range shooting.. so ya 45 minutes is a fair estimate of time to get "there".

Practiced for an hour.. shot 70 rounds. And, yes the range monitors were helpful with useful advice and that kind of thing.

All in all, I agree, it was a little more challenging than I expected. Right to left was pretty good. I had more trouble with the up and down. Most of the first shots went LOWER than I expected. I'm probably dipping a bit in anticipation of the kick. Other than that, no major surprises

Not hooked. No plans to go back pretty much ever. It's not worth the cost or time to me, but I do agree it was more prudent to try that new gun at least once. I suspect part of the reason it wasn't as easy as I remember my dad's 45 or my friend's 357 was might be due to the shorter barrel of this 9. Anyway, I do feel better about using it now, no apprehension or fear of the unknown.

I set the targets at 25 feet. Seemed like that would be sufficient to dial in that little gun. Not great but I can definitely hit a person if need be.. not ready to save any hostages though..

Have fun with your bang bangers.. I'm out..

Congrats to SumJong for making it to the range.

I personally would reflect that motor skills take a long time to groove, and longer to get grooved reliably when you are loaded with adrenalin. You don't mention some details such as what shooting stance you were using. If you don't know, you may want to learn enough about stance to figure it out, and then reflect that even LEOs tend to "turtle" their stance when things happen IRL. There are a couple ways to train for that, but NOT training after firing the gun once means that you are still likely to be wildly inaccurate among other things if push comes to shove.

Maybe consider making one week a month "shooting week," where you get to the range 3x that week to get at least some volume of regular practice in. Protecting the things you love is worth doing well.

OK bitches.. Caved to the peer pressure and spent a chunk of time to drive to the range.. FWIW KOOK, I left my driveway at 10:30 am having already watched the required training video with online forms filled out. I already had ammo purchased, magazines loaded before leaving. It wasn't until almost 11:30 by the time I was actually on the range shooting.. so ya 45 minutes is a fair estimate of time to get "there".

Practiced for an hour.. shot 70 rounds. And, yes the range monitors were helpful with useful advice and that kind of thing.

All in all, I agree, it was a little more challenging than I expected. Right to left was pretty good. I had more trouble with the up and down. Most of the first shots went LOWER than I expected. I'm probably dipping a bit in anticipation of the kick. Other than that, no major surprises

Not hooked. No plans to go back pretty much ever. It's not worth the cost or time to me, but I do agree it was more prudent to try that new gun at least once. I suspect part of the reason it wasn't as easy as I remember my dad's 45 or my friend's 357 was might be due to the shorter barrel of this 9. Anyway, I do feel better about using it now, no apprehension or fear of the unknown.

I set the targets at 25 feet. Seemed like that would be sufficient to dial in that little gun. Not great but I can definitely hit a person if need be.. not ready to save any hostages though..

Have fun with your bang bangers.. I'm out..
    Outstanding.

Congrats to SumJong for making it to the range.

I personally would reflect that motor skills take a long time to groove, and longer to get grooved reliably when you are loaded with adrenalin. You don't mention some details such as what shooting stance you were using. If you don't know, you may want to learn enough about stance to figure it out, and then reflect that even LEOs tend to "turtle" their stance when things happen IRL. There are a couple ways to train for that, but NOT training after firing the gun once means that you are still likely to be wildly inaccurate among other things if push comes to shove.

Maybe consider making one week a month "shooting week," where you get to the range 3x that week to get at least some volume of regular practice in. Protecting the things you love is worth doing well.
    I'm more of a live and let die kind of guy. I take risks chasing the things I love. When my number's up it's up. I'm not afraid to die when taking reasonable but not too demanding precautions. I'm honestly surprised that some extreme skiers are deftly afraid of going out in big city urban environments without a gun..

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Did want to give a big thanks to the advice and suggestions noted in this discussion of a new ICE handgun. I guess it was prudent to try it out once with some supervision to be sure all was well with me and the equipment. Heading back to my "HANDguns only for total societal chaos scenario" corner now... Hunting and skeet shooting are things I'd still be interested in doing from time to time though..

Glad you went. In a perfect world, practice is good but you took a great first step.