Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Nice Dork! Solid skiing on even more solid looking snow... Sweet...

Badgerman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiDork View Post
    re: not a lot of young kids doing the bumps...

There are a bunch of young kids these days (my 10 y/o son being one of them) who much prefer the bumps to the park. Bumping is alive and well with the younger kids.

And he realizes that bump skiing isn't just competition bump lines. Thats why he was out on Needles liftline over the weekend with the rest of the team doing laps.

Here's vid of his win at Whaleback last month. (1st 2 runs are his, he does a pretty good crash on the 2nd run).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...20574891988276

That is some AWESOME skiing. 10 Years old? And I get ripped on for saying this is the way kids should be learning to ski. Your video proved me right.
    Bet he can take those skills and ski practically anything, anywhere, on any ski.
    CONGRATS......your kid will thank you over and over for his skiing ability that you helped fashion.

THIS warms my soul......there IS hope for skiing.

DEVO

thanks for the props. He's really into it, reading up on the nationals (won by Mike Morse) and following everything. He was actually out practicing with the A team on Sunday, which is quite an honor.

There are a bunch of kids in the Northeast that are quite good. It's pretty competitive. He's gonna go to ramp camp and prolly Whistler this summer, if we can scrape up the dough...

re: Devo - thats actually the song he was singing in his head when he was doing the run. The coach told him the technique to calm his butterflies is to have a song in your head while you're doing the run. It seemed to work for him. He likes old school stuff, also really into Floyd and Zeppelin.
    2-58

The progression of hardcore bumpfaggery.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

We still drink beer and ski moguls in the midwest. I don't see that changing anytime soon, as the hill isn't big enough for a real park and well rails are for people who never bothered to learn how to ski. Our resort actually let us build a course with a couple airs as well (which is pretty unheard of).

[ame="http://vimeo.com/17352143"]Joe Rider's "Tall Boy" Mills 09/10 Edit on Vimeo[/ame]

Good shit but did some guy in the 80's actually call himself Turbo? Now that is fagtastic.

I guess considering my screen name I belong in this club. But since I am a chick the fag doesn't apply.

So glad they did away with ballet/acro ski. I hated being forced to be a combined skier.

Amazes me everyday how much the sport has progressed.
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

I spent 4 years slamming bumps at Killington. There aren't a lot of things better than big spring bumps on OL or Superstar underneath the lift.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Good shit but did some guy in the 80's actually call himself Turbo? Now that is fagtastic.
    haha! 80ies! not sure he dubbed it himself...prolly drove a saab turbo.

the dude ripped bumps though. a natural skim pond would fill at the bottom of OL in the spring and he would try back flips into/over it. i saw him yardsale crash in the middle of it once. he got up running, laughing, soaking wet to the cheers of everyone in the lift line. he had good energy.

Blanton - nice video ^^!! Love the HV stoke, that's the mountain I learned to ski bumps at (after racing of course) under the guidance of Jill Vogtli. Ahhh seems like a million years ago.
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

The [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Dog-Skiing-Bob-Mann/dp/0393086909/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1291664984&sr=1-1"]Bible[/ame].

Anyone heard anything about a pro division with a large cash prize at BMMC this Spring?

i think i could have gone without the knee surgery stoke... i dont need to see what im doing to myself yet!

Turbo? Check this guy out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJuqDaGuuXM

I'm a real shitty bump skier, so they do suck most of the time, but when I'm having a really good day I'll take a bump run or five and ski them well-ish, and I definitely enjoy the fuck out of it.

It's alot more rewarding than park skiing when you kill a bump line, that's for sure.

Rockin it out at this year's Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge

This is my old Ski School Director (first skier in the video):

Sadly passed away in an avalanche 10 years ago. RIP. Dude could rip.

Nice Blanton! I noticed you kicked ass in the singles. How did the duals go?

Quote Originally Posted by Blanton View Post
    Rockin it out at this year's Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge

BUMB for the bumb fags

Another one here...from over the big pond.

Never got too competitive but I've learned helis at the age of 13 and still milkin' it (see avatar, heh).

My friend pushed me for couple of years to take part in combined races ...one of my best decisions ever was to refuse that, I just couldn't see me competing in ballet event, heh (but I guess I was also too big of a wussy to hit the aerials back then...as a kid I remember even those upright kickers beeing very scary...but I guess they were actually tiny by today's park skiing standards?)
    "Average summit heights are around 1000m to 1200m but on the high glaciers of the main Lyngen Peninsula there are summits over 1400m with Jiehkkevarri being the highest at 1834m above sea level."

Carve man that dood was the smoove. Awesome skiing1

Check this out, more progression, pretty sick.

Quote Originally Posted by unofficialnetworks.com
    As an ex-mogul skier I would like to start by saying moguls are still cool. If you can ski bumps you can ski anything. OH, now it makes sense why all the top Big Mtn. guys are ex mogul skiers. DUH! Put the majority of today’s park rats in the bumps and they’re stuck. Skiing bumps takes a tremendous amount of skill and physical pain.

Today mogul skiing has been shadowed by the “newschool” movement. So are doubles flips, like the ones in this video, an act to try and bring the sport of mogul skiing back into the small spotlight allocated for skiing? Who knows. However sometime in the near future we might see double flips allowed in mogul competitions. The sport must progress right? How far is too far? I don’t know?

A bump skier’s run is judged by seven judges. Turns are worth 50% of your score and Air and Speed are each worth 25%. Doubles are no doubt a crowd pleaser and if competitors run with a 720 beast a competitors run with a double (both 720 degrees of rotation) the crowd would go up in arms probably forgetting about the competitors turn portion of their score. Some could argue that as more tricks are allowed into World Cup mogul skiing the less judges, and crowd, pay attention to turns. Maybe?

Progression

We can’t forget why we’re skiing tho. If you do.. go watch GNAR. It’s all about fun, fun, and more fun. For some fun is landing a rightside dub 12 on an ice park jump and for others fun is skiing a powder filled pillow land in British Columbia. For me it’s the latter.
    http://unofficialnetworks.com/2011/04/04/moguls-cool/

This thread makes me wanna have some more mogul friendly skis again. I didn't learn how to ski bumps till I was 18 and moved to CO, but loved following the Budweiser pro tour dudes around the hill. Only ever competed in bumps myself on teles though, that makes me a DOUBLE FAG! Except we were allowed to invert long before FIS allowed it!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

+1 for Motley Cru, 808 State and Europe...

and because it hasn't been said yet...

DAFFY, TWISTER, SPREAD!!
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Here's a little tribute I made some years back for a Killington buddy, Chris Soucy who passed away at 31 after battling cancer for 6 years.
    Smooth as butter and keep in mind, all this footage was shot during treatment, chemo, remission, relapse, etc.
    I shot the deeper pow footage on an April day 10 years ago, 8 months before Chris passed and I'm glad I did! Many a tear were shed by the Killington community.
    Lest we forget...

R.I.P. Soucy.
    Last edited by bendtheski; 04-12-2011 at 04:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Great video bendtheski. Dude ripped for sure.