Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sftc View Post
    I think I may be in that first video from Outer Limits, not skiing standing in the background. I definitely recognize some of the skiers. Those were the bump fag glory days- Steve Desovich, Chuck Martin, Donna Weinbrect, Turbo, etc. all in their finest aqua blue and teal with Bolle goggles or Vaurnets.
    I have a classic picture sequence that I'll have to find- we were skiing OL very late in the season with 3 of us side-by-side. I fell and completely disappeared into a trough and then in the 3rd shot you can just see the top of my head poking out of the bumps. You hardly ever see bumps with 3+ foot troughs these days.
    I love all the park kids who say bumps suck. Yeah, you know why? Because it's hard to do.
    Ok man. If you were skiing Kmart with Donna as a coach I may know you. I was competing back in the day when Evan Raps & Hannah Hardaway were still on the Killington team. I was at Whiteface, but skied with all these guys.... Early 90's??
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

any of you kmart guys remember jay mccleod?

Badgerman Guest
    This has to stay on page1

Thwell, thtuff, huh?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Craven Morehead Guest
    Oh yeah.

Unlike some manufacturers we are taking the bump market very seriously.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Craven Morehead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    Unlike some manufacturers we are taking the bump market very seriously.
    Craven's new rules:
    No quiver will be complete without a bump ski
    might as well be F17s

Olds Cool bump fag here. Many days I spent hammering lines down Skidder, Bubblecuffer, and Winter's Way at the 'Loaf on a pair of Dynastar V8s or Rossi 4Ms.

Who says skiing zipperlines on Praxis can't be fun?

Great vids.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpskier View Post
    Ok man. If you were skiing Kmart with Donna as a coach I may know you. I was competing back in the day when Evan Raps & Hannah Hardaway were still on the Killington team. I was at Whiteface, but skied with all these guys.... Early 90's??
    No, I was at Killington in 87/88 (that makes me feel really old), the winter Donna got promoted to the World Cup team. I think she was working at the Pasta Pot (??) and just ripping it up and then all of a sudden she was on the circuit. I worked part-time at the Basin Ski Shop and they sponsored Chuck Martin so I got ski with him a few times. Mogul Maggie was around there as well.
    Like I said, I was just one of those kids standing on the side trying to figure out how to ski bumps, and that place was full of ripping bump skiers back then. You were totally gay if you skied OL on anything less then a 200cm ski.
    Remember when they would groom OL once a year and everyone would bring out their long boards and huck huge air off of Spacewalk, or whatever they call that cat track about 2/3 of the way down OL? Fun times.

you guys =

"It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Craven Morehead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy View Post
    you guys =

Yes we are!

But, do you have any guns?

Bumps and weapons just seem right together.

Hey, what about some quality name dropping? Doesn't that count for anything these days?

Shameless self promotion from 1999:

if I had a photo scanner I could take this thread up a notch

Quote Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
    Shameless self promotion from 1999:

"When it's cold, and you're hot... that's winter heat"

Eldereldo is going to kill me for this, but luckily he is gone skiing this week.

EE doing Park City bumps, late 80s?

EE (with cowboy hat) and our buddy Mike, with classic Fortress Mtn. bumps circa 1979 in background.

I had F17's what 's up!

I still love skiing bumps and do it about half the time, the other half I am in the woods

Quote Originally Posted by sftc View Post
    No, I was at Killington in 87/88 (that makes me feel really old), the winter Donna got promoted to the World Cup team. I think she was working at the Pasta Pot (??) and just ripping it up and then all of a sudden she was on the circuit. I worked part-time at the Basin Ski Shop and they sponsored Chuck Martin so I got ski with him a few times. Mogul Maggie was around there as well.
    Like I said, I was just one of those kids standing on the side trying to figure out how to ski bumps, and that place was full of ripping bump skiers back then. You were totally gay if you skied OL on anything less then a 200cm ski.
    Remember when they would groom OL once a year and everyone would bring out their long boards and huck huge air off of Spacewalk, or whatever they call that cat track about 2/3 of the way down OL? Fun times.
    we rode k-mart '84-'88 consistantly. we were all in love w/ donna although we didn't know her...we were not worthy! i also remember Turbo, he was pretty crazy. OL was good fun back then...

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    bump skiing is alive and well, only the people who know how to do it are not so many and not so young anymore

this frenchie friend of ours is well in his forties (used to be on the ski hopefuls team in .fr in the 80's; PhilippeR may be able to recognize the uniform):

Err, not really... Looks like a former ESF jacket to me actualy.

But très jolie vidéo !

On a related note, why do people keep talking about bad knees when skiing bumps ? It's my lower back which is killing me when I now pretend to (something vaguely resembling) a zipperliine.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Who says skiing zipperlines on Praxis can't be fun?
    I'll be the first to say that you still got it ... and make it look stupid easy.
    Last edited by Nick Pappagiorgio; 04-08-2008 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    Looks like a former ESF jacket to me actualy.
    yes, that's exactly right. he spent a lot of time teaching skiing in the alps before opting for the freedom of the US hills

few years ago i showed him the Lake Louise goods while he was visiting, and last year i was happy to get a lesson in skiing bumps from him. i'll spare you my little bumpy clip

I skied the PMT in the early to mid 80's against the likes of Rick Emerson, Dean the Machine and the Rawls brothers. All good guys! But the guy I have the most respect for, is Mike Kloser. That guy is one BAMF.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Yo fag
    bumps are natures way of telling you you're skiin overskied terrain

(Grizz photo)
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

OK some K trivia:

What kind of car did turbo drive

Who was high pressure Dave?

re: not a lot of young kids doing the bumps...

There are a bunch of young kids these days (my 10 y/o son being one of them) who much prefer the bumps to the park. Bumping is alive and well with the younger kids.

And he realizes that bump skiing isn't just competition bump lines. Thats why he was out on Needles liftline over the weekend with the rest of the team doing laps.

Here's vid of his win at Whaleback last month. (1st 2 runs are his, he does a pretty good crash on the 2nd run).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...20574891988276
    2-58