Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Old School Bump Skiers

Nobody told me to quit wearing my Fate pants and skiing skinny skis in the bumps! It still rocks, I was raised on Mary Jane bumps and it led to my like of bump runs that look like a VW bug graveyard. Pow bumps, slush bumps, and even dust on crust, you still gotta hammer bumps to get to the goods.

those vids bumped (excused the pun) - reminded me of my days back in upstate ny on my pre 1200's just not too keen on the knee surgery shots. kinda wrecked the second vid for me.

I love the way that snowboarder sneaked in there at 2:10 on the first vid.

Quote Originally Posted by bio-smear View Post
    I just watched Maltese Flamingo cuz I was in the mood.
    oh god it hurts my eyes!

Badgerman Guest
    Now that's real snowboarding.

dude, i skipped reading all the responses, but i remember between 94-98 i was too much of a pussy to enter any mogul comp in WILMOT mtn in WI, b/c one of my boys would poach, zipper like a son-a-bitch, and invert (most of the time naked), and be DQ'ed
    thanks Matt, and matt
    and i believe i was jeaous of their Dynastars V8's
    the first ski i was ever jealous of (besides the Super Force 9's)

my 1st 2 pairs of skis were a pair of hart freestyles and a pair of dynastar VA's.

then I grew a pair and started bumping on 210 TNC's and 218 Fischers.

Badgerman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by brannen View Post
    dude, i skipped reading all the responses, but i remember between 94-98 i was too much of a pussy to enter any mogul comp in WILMOT mtn in WI, b/c one of my boys would poach, zipper like a son-a-bitch, and invert (most of the time naked), and be DQ'ed
    thanks Matt, and matt
    and i believe i was jeaous of their Dynastars V8's
    the first ski i was ever jealous of (besides the Super Force 9's)
    HAHA......Wilmot......I skied there in 1970-74.....omg

yes....

facking rock videos.

i love bumps. still do.

trying to figure out if my assaults are still in my parents garage.

3----

this is what it's about. made my hair stand up.

funny stuff

User Name Skier Guest
    yeah funny stuff

Haahaahaahaha... I had Fate pants...

one day in the future there will be old school park and pipe fags... the evolution will continue.

Badgerman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance_K View Post
    one day in the future there will be old school park and pipe fags... the evolution will continue.

That's why you never ever throw anything away.....it all comes back in style.....problem is the fit.

wow, great vids. I must say...I cannot ski bumps to save my life. I am a good enough skier and hit anything but bumps, once on there, 2-3 turns and I fee like I'm a waste.

I'd love to learn to zipperline it because I know it'd make me SUCH a better skier all around, but whenever I try on my own, the bumps just kick my butt! Worth taking a bumps class or something?

Tips/suggestions?

Badgerman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shocker View Post
    wow, great vids. I must say...I cannot ski bumps to save my life. I am a good enough skier and hit anything but bumps, once on there, 2-3 turns and I fee like I'm a waste.

I'd love to learn to zipperline it because I know it'd make me SUCH a better skier all around, but whenever I try on my own, the bumps just kick my butt! Worth taking a bumps class or something?

Tips/suggestions?
    Don't even mention learning to ski moguls around here.....you'll get called all sorts of urban dictionary slanders......

bumps above the shit on the board now

if you have an opportunity to take a bump ski class go for it - that is how i learned when i was a kid. start working on short radius turns on the mogul field and learning to identify a line and skiing down it. maintaining your balance and skiing in control is key to good bump skiing.

also, you will eat a lot of snow when you start and of course your buddies will give you some shit when you are learning. . But it all pays off down the road…

take a look at these sites – they are dedicated to bump skiing. http://www.mogulskiing.net/index.html.

http://www.usmogulskiing.com/

Check out some of the all day clinics out there. A day of coaching from a good teacher is key. Also, your hands and pole plants are key too. That was the big helpful tip that I got from one of my ski buddies. Good luck, and keep trying.

bump skiing is alive and well, only the people who know how to do it are not so many and not so young anymore

this frenchie friend of ours is well in his forties (used to be on the ski hopefuls team in .fr in the 80's; PhilippeR may be able to recognize the uniform):

Badgerman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    bump skiing is alive and well, only the people who know how to do it are not so many and not so young anymore

this frenchie friend of ours is well in his forties (used to be on the ski hopefuls team in .fr in the 80's; PhilippeR may be able to recognize the uniform):

Very nice......

Badgerman Guest
    This needs to be bumped back into the limelight.......movin up

of course I'd rather ski pow but skiing bumps has it's place. last year, for instance, was an awful snow year in JH so we kept ourselves amused by finding all the von zipper lines around the mtn. and slaying them
    I *almost* got myself a pair of pants with stars on the knees but thankfully it snowed this year and I came to my senses.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    whatever: if you skied zipperlines over and over again in Fate kneepad pants you are a bump fag. own it!
    what if you were chick ripping zipper lines with Fate gear on? AND Pwned it?

Great videos!
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle