PSA - Kootenay are off the hook...

If you're on the fence about coming out to the Kootenay for a quick ski trip, now is the time. It's puking, there's an excellent base, and the forecast is calling for more snow.

Best snow of the winter is right now. Just watch your back in avy terrain, things aren't so rosey there.

ANTI JINX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    If you're on the fence about coming out to the Kootenay for a quick ski trip, now is the time. It's puking, there's an excellent base, and the forecast is calling for more snow.

Best snow of the winter is right now. Just watch your back in avy terrain, things aren't so rosey there.

ANTI JINX!!!
    Brother, if your going to sell it, help us gapers out.
    http://www.kootenayrockies.com/skimap2.html
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by snoboy View Post
    Best snow of the winter is right now.
    ANTI JINX!!!
    It's damn good alright, but the best of the winter, that's a stretch. Jan thru early Feb was lighter and more abundant. This is just a nice bonus.

FKNA!!! Our predicted 8-15 turned into 25 overnight. I'm off to light some firecrackers!! Yeah BABY! Enjoy those travellin BRO's, pyg.

I'll second that Snowboy and take back my earlirer comment. Today was off the hook at Red, blower January pow in late March, U-N-F-U-C-K-I-N-G R-E-A-L. Let's see it started with WH20 3cms or Red 22cms...not hard math, we're goin to Red. Got to the parkinglot and was starting to call bullshit, as there might have been 10 there. Got on the Slow Chair to Nowhere and it looked a little better. Over to Motherlode Chair and things started looking up on the ride up, seemed to be what they called. Quick lap into Sarah's and it was on! Second trip up Motherlode and it starts pukin...hard, however long that ride is and there was at least 3cms onthe seat we'd brushed off at the bottom. This continued for a few hours, so it snowed 10 to 12 more over the day, whoo hoo! To top things off, they have Red chair running until 5pm, so after a couple of brewskis we finished the day with a couple of laps under the chair...stoked!

help out he gapers, indeed.
    I'm in bozeman and ride bridger tele, mostly.
    I like steep off piste, interesting terrain with deep pow, obviously.
    Which resort?

I would like to drive as little as possible.
    Kicking Horse looks fabulous but long drive perhaps.
    Redmountain also looks a little far.
    I've heard fernie is sweet.

I do have to go to seattle to get some things maybe I should go the distance if it's worth it.

Hit WW and Red I'd say. WW is more fun if you bring the touring gear, Red is larger inbounds. Both will be a happy fit for a Ridge Hippy.

It's dumping hard in Nelson right now. Big, fat, slow falling flakes.

Yes, it'll be good at WH20 today...but remember the sad truth that that wanker who owns WH20 is closing after today (only reopening for next Sat/Sun), so if you aren't here now don't bother, unless you want to tour. Red is open until next Sunday, that'd be where I'd go. I also heard a rumor that Fernie is closing also, something about all the Aussie employees quiting to go back to Aus, so check that before driving.

Looks like it was your turn this time - WW reports 22cm o/n.

nomensteven Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by powderpyg View Post
    Yes, it'll be good at WH20 today...but remember the sad truth that that wanker who owns WH20 is closing after today (only reopening for next Sat/Sun), so if you aren't here now don't bother, unless you want to tour. Red is open until next Sunday, that'd be where I'd go. I also heard a rumor that Fernie is closing also, something about all the Aussie employees quiting to go back to Aus, so check that before driving.
    See you up there, apparently got 23cm last night, should be really good, we did a lap in west ymir at the end of yesterday and it was amazing, deepest it has been since early february, can't wait.

FUCK! End of the day lap down prospector was pretty unreal yesterday with light blower pow hitting your face with every turn, and they're reporting 22 on top of that overnight? 39 at Red? And I can't go skiing today?

KLEFJKMFMERMCMEORMEOM!!!OMVORMVOEMVEOMRM!!!!!!OMOK MSWS,,XS,X!!!!!!!

I think I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight.
    slopstyle crosscarver junior

Thumbs up

I just got back from spending the past 7 days on the Kokanee Glacier. Sooo deep, soooooo good. I'm exhausted.

MOJO--THANKS AGAIN!!!!!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by mojorisin View Post
    FUCK! End of the day lap down prospector was pretty unreal yesterday with light blower pow hitting your face with every turn, and they're reporting 22 on top of that overnight? 39 at Red? And I can't go skiing today?

KLEFJKMFMERMCMEORMEOM!!!OMVORMVOEMVEOMRM!!!!!!OMOK MSWS,,XS,X!!!!!!!

I think I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight.
    It's ok, Paul and I skied the bowl for you buddy. And you didn't have to cry yourself to sleep, you could've taken that girl home from the spirit bar and motorboated yourself to sleep. The snow was very light today, but the bootpack up the ridge was thigh deep and breaking trail was a nightmare on 3 hrs sleep.

nomen, saw your lines in westy, that looked fun. There was a big slide last night that started off of bamboo chute and ran all the way across you guys' tracks in to goatslide. lucky timing!

Addict, you have been missing out on some ski trips man. Alpental, Crystal, and JH this last weekend.
    sounds like you have been finding the powder though, what else is new!? GHEEZE

Punched!, two dayz of just givin er has taken it's toll on ole man pyg. Me an the travelin bro's had a great day runnin single on the Summit. Good stuff, not quite as good as yesterday, but damn good for last day (Mexico awaits next weekend )

Fernie definitely did not suck today. 21cm and it puked all day. Still is.
    Fernie will close next weekend (april 6th)

RCR you suck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    what happened to Shadam this year? Usually by now he is posting drinking reports daily.

nomensteven Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by addict View Post
    nomen, saw your lines in westy, that looked fun. There was a big slide last night that started off of bamboo chute and ran all the way across you guys' tracks in to goatslide. lucky timing!
    Yeah when we got in there it hadn't snowed nearly as much yet, felt pretty good actually. Glad we got there when we did

A little proof of the wonderful weekend. This is March 29th, but it's not on Gunbarrel as the commentary says...

They just keep givin'. Despite the heat wave that is quickly rolling ovwer this area [16° in town this PM!] We have just come back from skiing a beatiful line of steep boot top powder. 2nd lap was mashed potatoes though... I guess that might be it for this year!

Ski hill closes tommorow, and these might be the first corn skiing days of the whole season.

Hopefully a bit more vid to follow...