Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AT vs. Werner

I had been making it a point to e-mail the lightning website and tell them I need a new paddle, 10 yrs is a long time for these to last. can't find the site now looks like they have been assimilated.

I have an ace in the hole though, I know a girl in mt that has my identical paddle and if I ever get back I'm gonna track her down and see if she wants to sell it
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
    I had been making it a point to e-mail the lightning website and tell them I need a new paddle, 10 yrs is a long time for these to last. can't find the site now looks like they have been assimilated.

I have an ace in the hole though, I know a girl in mt that has my identical paddle and if I ever get back I'm gonna track her down and see if she wants to sell it
    Check out Accent paddles. They are pretty close. My old Lighting, which I got for a screaming deal from Showtime, is now a curtain rod in my bedroom. I think I know a girl in SLC who has one similar to yours, but it is red and blue - so really it is completely different. She'd probably sell it cheap, though.

I have a red and blue Lightning...it started off at 197 cm, it's down to about 180 now, and the power is slightly lacking.

Damn - I was starting to think I need a new paddle when I put my 197cm Sidekick up next to a 194 paddle and it was an inch shorter.

I think thats part of a reason for missing yer roll ,less blade area in the sweep ...retire that dog to being a spare and buy a new stick

I thru in the worn red & blue lightning that was getting pretty short as an incentive for a newbie to buy my disco ... It was worn really short and I wasnt gona use it

I do keep the old werner rodeo with 1.5 inches worn off each end just as a spare/loaner but I try not to use it
    Last edited by XXX-er; 04-08-2008 at 04:58 PM.

Who said I was missing my roll?

I never flip, damn.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Who said I was missing my roll?

I never flip, damn.
    I actualy was pointing out that when people in general miss rolls,its possible a blade that has worn to roughly the size of a teacup saucer may be a contributing factor

someone feeling marginalized ?

No, just being a smartass. I think if the size of your paddle blade hurts your roll, your roll has some fundamental issues that need to be addressed.

it could be one of a number of factors along with cold aerated water ,not totally on yer game , hungover ... maybe yer swimming

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    No, just being a smartass. I think if the size of your paddle blade hurts your roll, your roll has some fundamental issues that need to be addressed.
    100% agree with that. Relying on blade purchase is a no-no. That doesn't mean I don't rely on my blades once in a while, though...

High bracing, for gapers and pure creekboaters since 1975.