Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new Lance commercial

found this on the Nike website today, pretty sweet commercial. Can't wait for the tour to start in a month and a half!
    http://www.nike.com/wearyellow/seelanceride/main.html

that is awesome.....I love it when the little rug rat drafts him @ the end...

Thumbs up

Very inspiring commercial. Makes me want to get back on my bike.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Thumbs up

da fuggin' mang, mang. i really hope he does it.

btw, how abouts him winning a bunch sprint at the tour of georgia? damn.

^ bumpity bump.

Sweet commercial....
    Are we part of the solution, or are we part of the pollution? -M.F.

Very cool, I like the flex as he passes the childrens hospital.

Thumbs up

HELL YEAH!!!
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

If he's sponsered by US Postal does that me he can mail stuff for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal King
    "Is there any piece of clothing on earth uglier than a baseball cap?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascal King
    Grant Gunderson is fucking gay

awesome commercial. Nike truly does have some talented people doing their advertising.

Hijack...have ya seen that "Cylcism' comercial on OLN for the tour? Or the "Lance Chronichles" all very cool.

Having made the drive from La Grave to Grenoble (and seen the Alp d'huez road) this past Jan, it sure is cool to watch the Alp previews on Road to the Tour, having been there changes your perspective entirely. So very cool. Makes my nightly spin sessions oh so much more enjoyable on thursdays.

Go Lance!

Very cool video.

Did anyone else hear - on the Lance Chronicles - that USPS will not be providing sponsorship after this year?
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

I think I'm watching that before every race, no...before every workout, no....for the next 2 hours at work. That is really, really cool, inspiring. Anyone know who the music is?

Very cool. That almost, almost inspired me to ride a road bike. But, luckily it that inspiration ended with the commercial.

Best of luck to the Man though in the upcoming tour.

Originally posted by Telephil
    Anyone know who the music is?
    Sounded like "Enya Goes Country"

A nice commercial to be sure, however, I prefer the Festina ones from many years back.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Originally posted by Telephil
    Anyone know who the music is?
    the voice sounds like beth orton, but i've never heard that song.
    fine

watching him ride a road bike made it look way more fun than it feels when i ride mine...oh wait...that is probably because I LIVE IN FLAT AS FUCK FUCKING ILLINOIS!!!!

sorry.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

That was just sweet!
    The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches.
    ~ e.e. cummings

Re: Go Lance!

Originally posted by InspectorGadget
    Did anyone else hear - on the Lance Chronicles - that USPS will not be providing sponsorship after this year?
    i didn't hear about it on the lance chronicles, but i did read something a few months back that it was a possibility. what about the speculation that Lance might retire after #6 too?

i would love to see him win a record 6th Le Tour....but look out for Tyler H...he is on form, and finished 4th last year riding w/a busted collar bone....that is manly.

As for Lance retiring if he wins the 6th this year: my guess is he would then look to win a Giro and a Vuelta to truly cement his place among the greats of all time......Mercx, Anquitel (sp), Induaran....all those cats not only won 5 Le Tours, but also the Giro and Vuelta a few times as well.....

Sweet inspiration, makes me wish I had a road bike still. IG, you'd better watch it over and over and will that hand better.

I like the fist in the air when he passes the hospital - cool. Little football player on his BMX riding Lance's tail - cool. Music - cool. The whole thing is just cool.
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

I loved it too!
    Not to veer this thread off topic, but with Nike World HQ here in Oregon, it is not uncommon to meet people who work for the swoosh. Some folks shit talk and say they'd never work there because they use "sweatshop" labor and contribute to conspicuous consumerism. Watching this commercial and so many other Nike inspiration pieces, plus knowing a bit about their positive PR projects, I have qualms with calling them evil. How many people get so pumped up by a Nike commercial or ad and make a change in their lives toward fitness (vs. the obesity epidemic)? How many try a new sport that connects them with their community or the environment and influences positive change in those arenas? How do we measure their good with their bad? just pondering.
    another Handsome Boy graduate

It is confirmed that USPS will not be sponsoring the team next year. I have also read in the cycling press that they have confirmed another sponsor so the team will supposedly continue.

In reality a lot probably hinges on this year's tour.

Truth, totally agree that driving up Alpe changes your perspective on this race. Reading the signposts on each corner that list the previous winners of the stages is cool.

Also being in Paris 2 years ago for the finale was amazing. There was a huge Pro Lance crowd out and experiencing the whole event was amazing. Definitely makes me fired up to ride.

Oh, ya. Really cool commercial as well.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Question Music?

After re-watching this in pieces on OLN over the past few days and now re-watching the whole thing, does anyone know who does the music track for that?
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

i'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's probably sheryl crow.
    fine

Originally posted by tuffy109
    i'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's probably sheryl crow.
    I was waiting for that. Confirmation? I'd like to get my hands on that smoove sounding tune.