Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Housing in Las Lenas?

Me and my brother are hitting Las Lenas (), the first 2-3 weeks of august. Problem is LL is fucking expensive, especially if you rent for only 2 persons. So the question is if there are other people going during this period that might be interested in sharing accomodation? I've already checked with Tim Konrad, but he wasn't sure if he had beds available during this period.

So let me know if you're diggin the idea of sharing a place.

btw: Does anyone know a good (= cheap) place for renting a car in Mendoza?

Where are the nekked pics of your sister/girlfriend/wife etc?

BTW Jose's Hostel $70 a night
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Hugh Conway Guest
    If you are afraid of driving 20km why do you want to rent a car?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Naets View Post
    (yes I feel compelled to make a crude joke because I'm a Jong and I have to earn some street-cred )
    Thats not the way to earn "street cred" around here. Try posting some stoke. That works alot better
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Me thinks Jose hostel is a no go this year. I would contact Mark thru www.laslenasski.com. He might be able to work something out for you and your bro.

BTW, you can definetly get a ride from Los Molles to Las Leñas, either by the bus or your thumb.

If you want to buy some land there, see http://tetongravity.com/forums/showt...ghlight=molles

The problem with mark lasseter is that he deals mostly with full trips (all included, plane rides, lift passes etc). He doesnt usually rent out one or two beds. U should try to contact an argentinian called yaya (yayaluna@hotmail.com). He should be able to help u guys out, and he rents out a bed for about 80-90 pesos per night. Unless u r willing to rent a whole flat and deal with the hassel of finding people to fill the beds u r not gonna get much cheaper than that, unless u stay in los molles. The big problem with los molles is that u cant get rides in the middle of the night, so partying till 5am is outa the question, unless u hook up with a chick that is.

The car is for after going to LL. We would like to stay for about 2 weeks in LL and then continue to the Bariloche area and then to Ushuaia. It is for going to Bariloche and Ushuaia that we would like to rent a car, not for going to LL.

I've already contacted Mark, but had the impression he couldn't really help us out. I'll try yayaluna.

I'm sorry for the lack of posted stoke, but I'm afraid I don't have any really gnarly pics to post yet. But I promise to post some sweet stuff after the trip .

The Hostel in Malargue (end of the bus lien to Las Lenas from Mendoza) is cheap and has a free shuttle. Car travel to Ushuaia is difficult at best but getting to Bariloche is no problem, best of luck

if you stay in marlague in august some hotels give 50% off at lift passes at las lenas. A bus ride to the mountain is about 14 pesos. I never had a problem with transportation even durring storms, alot of the workers on the mountain live in marlague. As of last year a hostel dorm was about 30 pesos a night, but the yr b4 was 20, inflations a bitch.

if you don't want to rent a car buses in argentinaare simply amazing, bus cama is like sitting in a lazy boy and rellclines almost flat. You also get served dinners on the bus or at a resturant which is included in the fare. And some whiskey before you go to sleep. I have travelled all over south america and by far argentine busses are the best. You can get from bariloche to Ushuaia for 100 dollars mas o menos
    Last edited by tylerjames; 03-19-2008 at 05:22 PM.

las lenas, you luckky bastid
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

You are driving to Ushuaia?? How long is that going to take? Aren't you only in SA for a couple of weeks?
    Not on here much anymore. Drop me an email if you want to contact me. Have a wonderful winter!

^^^yeah, don't get too excited about that drive. driving out to the east coast and down that highway isn't too exciting. lots of nireco's and guanacos, wind, and run-away plastic grocery bags in people's front yards.

but in LL, there IS a hostel. i'll look for the info. but if you are in Mendoza, the same guys who run the hostel in LL own the only Cervezeria in town (great beer!!). they also run a kick-ass hostel (El Puesto) in Potrerillos, next door to Cervezeria Jerome.

found the number: 15-454-9625. but you better know how to speak spanish. they don't do english very well from what I can remember. this is one of the owner's cell phone number.

suerte, chabon
    SI

We're staying for 6 weeks in Argentina, so we thought that driving to Ushuaia could be a possibility (trying to make the most out of the fucking expensive flight). But if you think this is one of the most retarded ideas ever, please let me know. We didn't expect a kick-ass drive, but maybe the beauty of shredding in ushuaia is worth it?

Thanks for the info on the hostel, but we've already found a shared appartment. Maybe we'll give the hostel a try if we want to prolong our stay.

This might help: http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59375 . Did it two years ago.

For cars in Mendoza, Alamo was the cheapest at the time. About 300$/wk for a piece of shit with one headlight, a cracked windshield and 100,000 kms on it. Endless got something a little cheaper at the bus station, but it had more than 200,000 kms on it and it was a last minute kind of thing. Beware that this is not North America and the car rental places are usually closed from Saturday noon to Monday morning.

All the car rental agencies in Argentina had a 200 km/day limit, which you will blow if you go too far South. I went all the way down to Esquel (La Hoya) and busted my km with 3 days left in the trip. I think driving to Ushuaia is insane + you will need to have the proper paperwork to drive to Chile (make sure to let the rental company you need it - 100$ to 200$). If I had to do it again, I would pay more and rent in Santiago to get a better car.

From Mendoza to LL, make sure you go through San Rafael (DO NOT take Ruta 40!). From LL to Bariloche, you can take Ruta 40 all the way. There is a really rough stretch of about 100 kms right after Malargue, but the rest is very nice and totally desolated. It is the only place in the world I have been in a car without any radio station for 3 hours. Make sure you fill up when you see a gas station

I was able to get something cheap in LL by asking around + if you have a car, you can easily drive to Malague an hour away.

PM me if you have more questions!

Steve

Thumbs down

So apparantly something went wrong, and we can't stay with unofficialandes in Las Lenas. So if there is anybody else left looking for 2 people to share an appartment, please let me know.

Thanks for the info Sculhane, I do hope that we get some more pow-pow than you did though.

Btw: is there anyone who has actually been to the hostel in LL? Does anyone know what the prices etc are like?

Hugh Conway Guest
    I rented a clean, 20k km, fully functioning, Chevy from Avis in Bariloche. $350/week and the paperwork was $20. If you've limited time/money better to fly to Ushuaia. It'll be several days of straight driving to get to ushaia on god awful boring Ruta 40 south of Esquel and any pow isn't particularly accesible. Cool to have said you've done, not really worth doing. The Chilean side is much cooler but not a through trip.

If Nene is doing an appartment in Corbus this year he will probably have space, since he doesnt advertise as heavy to gringos. His email is nachorosalen@hotmail.com
    Hes probably your best bet since the majority of the other apartments will most likely be argentines and a few rando gringos.

Hook up?

Some friends and I will be heading to LL from Mendoza about the same time as u. Might be willing to split $ on hotel room. Currently r planning to camp if weather permits.

pulled the trigger on my plane ticket to BA today ( June 24th - November 7th )

Oh yeah....

See you all down there!!

Quote Originally Posted by unofficialandes View Post
    pulled the trigger on my plane ticket to BA today ( June 24th - November 7th )

Oh yeah....

See you all down there!!
    Congrats, nos vemos!

MTluv, apparently something went right again, so we can stay with unofficialandes for the first 2 weeks of august. It could be that we decide to stay longer but that will pretty much depend on the snow. If we stay longer it will be more like a last-minute search for beds though. Winter-camping seems a little to core for me, but maybe I'm just a pussy.

Ride on,
    Frank

Check with Jose's Hostel. Any crowd Jose gets together is bound to be a good one. I heard Jose is trying to get in LL proper this year. I stayed at the place in Los Molles, which was referred to earlier. Jose got us to the mountain before the slopes opened everyday as long as you are willing to get up for the first round.
    Last edited by bangel; 06-12-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: more info

Hmm, interesting, because I saw in another thread that there wouldn't be a Jose's hostel this year. Is it do-able to to just contact the guy when we're there or do we definitely have to book in advance. We're still doubting of staying in LL for the third week of august or the first 2 weeks of september.

Btw. If there is someone who knows a good hostel (= cheap) at Cerro Catedral, please let me know. I've looked at ELA's hostel but it seems a bit fancy to me.

Thanks

We have another rental that may be more your budget. Putting the finishing touches on the website, I'll PM you when it is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Naets View Post
    Hmm, interesting, because I saw in another thread that there wouldn't be a Jose's hostel this year. Is it do-able to to just contact the guy when we're there or do we definitely have to book in advance. We're still doubting of staying in LL for the third week of august or the first 2 weeks of september.

Btw. If there is someone who knows a good hostel (= cheap) at Cerro Catedral, please let me know. I've looked at ELA's hostel but it seems a bit fancy to me.

Thanks
    Well it's in Bariloche (I don't know if there's a hostel at catedral itself) but I had a great time at Hostel 41 Below. Nice place, well priced, good peeps.