Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    fuck ya super ez might be the ONLY hope in a used PLAYBOAT cuz all the kayak pros and designers are little fuckers like me so you are sol

consider what skirt will that boat come with cuz you WILL need to buy a deck and a good one can cost you making the actual price of the boat at least >100$ cheaper and come to think of it I believe that is NOT a standard LC-1 deck for the super EZ so there could be hassles finding one ... good if you already got one

also if you seen it ,touched it ,don't have to fuck around over the interent ,pay shipping ... that is always worth something

the new Fluid line out of S.A. has some good boats for BIG boys but then you are into mo money
    Last edited by XXX-er; 03-25-2008 at 02:31 PM.

[QUOTE=L7;1761756] Maybe with a new season US dollar parity will have trickled into the new stock some more and hopefully the used will follow. QUOTE]

doing the US to CAN pricing on used boats was alwasy a math equation when folks were talking price even if you werent gona buy across the line

the can$ was what 65-70 cents 1 year ago ,now its par or better with US$, so used boats originaly bought with a US$ have become 30% cheaper when bought with a canuck buck

don't know what its like dealing used boats across the boarder

everyone knows that your first boat should be a dancer...come on, you been livin' under a rock?

hey I had the very 1st dancer in the okanagan valley and its probably still sitting under my x-gf's deck at the lake ...lots of folks thot it was too short and you would never be able to attain anything going up stream

edit:actualy 23 years ago the dancer was a great 1st boat but time marches on .It was actualy my second boat, the 1st was the R5 river runner a truly heinous piece of shit ,a boat everybody said it would be a good beginner boat but everyone always sez some piece of shit old gear is gona be good beginner gear ... like beginners don't need good stuff?

totally wrong IMO, new flat hull boat turn much easier ,seen lots of folks do better in them ...you just don't want something tooo trippy

After I got the dancer i quit swimming
    Last edited by XXX-er; 03-27-2008 at 09:45 AM.

Super EZ is real wide and not easy to roll for fatties with no flexibility.
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

The Super EZ is a great beginner boat.

Super stable for river running, yet has playboat capability.

Basically if your boat is easy to roll, it flips easy, where as if it's stable, well, tougher to roll.

I've found in most cases, you either have your roll or you don't, so it doesn't really matter. It's not that much more difficult to roll.

I wish I never sold my Super EZ, but I had to at the time. I'm 6'3", and I was comfortable in that boat.

I now have a Jackson Superstar, I can barely fit in it, and it's much more squirrely.

Hope that helps.

Blurred, for someone who fucking rips on skis, you sound like you have a deep sand impaction problem when you get into a kayak. A Superstar is all around better than a Super EZ, unless your goal is simply to survive easy, boring whitewater.

If you are running truly difficult whitewater, where "squirrellyness" actually matters, you should be in a creek boat, anyways.

Otherwise, your argument is identical to "yeah, skinny skis are way better, the dude at REI told me so."

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Blurred, for someone who fucking rips on skis, you sound like you have a deep sand impaction problem when you get into a kayak. A Superstar is all around better than a Super EZ, unless your goal is simply to survive easy, boring whitewater.

If you are running truly difficult whitewater, where "squirrellyness" actually matters, you should be in a creek boat, anyways.

Otherwise, your argument is identical to "yeah, skinny skis are way better, the dude at REI told me so."
    I worded that wrong. I like the Superstar, but I think the Super EZ is a much better beginner boat for someone without their roll, being that it's much more stable. Swimming everything isn't exactly a good way to stoke somebody on the sport.

What is that statistic on the percentage of people who try kayaking, and ones that stick with it?

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    What is that statistic on the percentage of people who try kayaking, and ones that stick with it?
    very low, especially in the inter-mountain west where the water is cold and continuous=log ass, cold swims while learning. There is no equivalent to sunny, spring days on groomers for people learning to paddle. So you are right to direct people learning to bigger boats.

the Super EZ is a great boat to get into whitewater. It is fucking huge. As someone who weighs 175 that thing was like trying to sumo wrestle for me. But I think at 245 you would be really happy in it. It has a huge cockpit so make sure you end up with the right size skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    A Superstar is all around better than a Super EZ,
    for a beginner who weighs 245#, go with the Super EZ, unless you want to swim more often starting out.
    Last edited by cmsummit; 04-07-2008 at 10:53 AM.
    Old's Cool.

What about a boat for a 6'4 around 200lb who can roll 70% of the time (in flat water)? Just started not too long ago and want to start looking around.

Edit - I have little interest in playboating. Creeking seems awesome, river running too.
    Last edited by brice618; 04-07-2008 at 06:42 PM.