Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    A-wreck,

I am a transplant from Cleveland...I currently live in Northern Monroe county (work in Toledo). Prior to that I spent a couple years in Oakland county, one in Brighton and a couple Downriver (yeah, I know). Got sick of auto industry (did Web development account and project management) BS and took my skills to an agency in Toledo.

Go

mf.......

right o' .............
    do you ever ski up north? Boating?
    ________
    extreme vaporizer
    Last edited by A-wreck; 01-19-2011 at 10:04 AM.

now all you Detroit lovin fools seem to live in Utah & Colorado.

Go to a bar in any town CO to watch a Red Wings Avs game, ususally equally divided accept around the arena.

but I guess people are moving back.....

had a girl that works for VW have me almost think of visiting her once after we met on the road a few times, until powho talked me out of it.......

A-wreck -- born and raised in Plymouth.

Fatty... Toledo? Now that's a shithole. Come to think of it, all of Ohio is.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

That's why I just work there! You are right though, not much in Toledo. Other than an asbestos filled high-rise that OC can't afford to tear down. At least working for a marketing agency provides decent eye candy during the day! And, although a transplant from Ohio, I have never had any love for that team that plays in a big horshoe!!!!!!!

I moved to Minneapolis this fall to go to school and the first thing I noticed when bar-hopping downtown is how nice the homeless people look here compared to the ones in Detroit. A guy came up to me here in a button down shirt and slacks asking for money saying he was homeless. Pfft! You're not homeless until you make me fear for my life. Then you can be homeless. I'll never forget the crackie literally waiting for me at my car after a Tigers game. He told me a few funny jokes then revealed his crack shooter and said, "You see this? Don't do this...it's mine." I promptly gave him $5 and got the hell out of there.

You know you're in Detroit when you see T-shirts saying "Fuck you. I'm from Detroit."
    "I smell varmint puntang."

The Post in Novi...

Holy shitballs...

I've never seen so many beautiful girls in one place before. Ever.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Originally posted by FNG
    I moved to Minneapolis this fall to go to school and the first thing I noticed when bar-hopping downtown is how nice the homeless people look here compared to the ones in Detroit.
    I've always wondered, if you're homeless why would you live somewhere that gets so cold in the winter? I mean, Minneapolis or Detroit? How about getting yourself to Miami or San Diego where you could live outside all year without freezing your balls off.

I'll bet they've never thought of that. Boy if they knew what they were missing out on, they'd probably hop in their Camry and head South in a second!
    "I smell varmint puntang."

Originally posted by The AD
    I've always wondered, if you're homeless why would you live somewhere that gets so cold in the winter? I mean, Minneapolis or Detroit? How about getting yourself to Miami or San Diego where you could live outside all year without freezing your balls off.
    This has gotta be one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen here (and that's saying a lot)
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

Originally posted by Plakespear
    This has gotta be one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen here (and that's saying a lot)
    Thanks! I try.

But, yeah, I realize a homeless person can't exactly get on an airplane and jet off to Miami, but there are other ways to get places. Minneapolis? Christ, just about anywhere would be better to be homeless in than Minneapolis.
    Last edited by The AD; 06-07-2004 at 10:50 AM.

Got verrrrry drunk at the Detoiter on Thursday. Very nice.

Originally posted by Greydon Clark
    Anyone ever drive through Highland Park? A newer maggot, Chase Manhattan, has ridden his 10 speed through the sordid little berg. From his account, the locals would have been less surprised if aliens had landed.
    Yeah, the folks on the street in Highland Park cast a very strange stare my way when i ride my bright red racing bike through their neighborhood. Apparently white boys on bikes wearing helmets and cycling shirts are somewhat rare in that area.

Detroit is a great town though. It's got tons of grit, cool history, and low prices. All the bars serve Pabst and it's never a problem to get your 18 year old cousin in.

any jerkass can like San Francisco, Chicago, or New York. It takes balls and brains to find the good in a town like the D.

Some see the glass as half empty,
    Some see it as half full.
    I just to put it to my lips,
    And take another pull.

Preston Long

Go

I used to go to University of Detroit......
    I was pulled over on six mile, on my way from school..........
    for those who don't know.....six mile goes through highland park and that is where I was....(HA! back when highland park had a police department)
    I was doing 70 in a 30 and ran a red light with a cop behind me....
    When asked why I was in such a hurry I said (to a black cop) "Just trying to get the hell out of dodge sir" he said "o.k."
    and let me go..................
    ________
    BMW K1200GT
    Last edited by A-wreck; 01-19-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Mr. Manhattan... I'm surprised that you didn't comment on all the jokers from Oakland County claiming they are from Detroit. Woodward and Square Lake is a little different than Woodward and Willis. 404 represent, yo.

The City of Detroit has excellent potential for Nordic touring... you could kick-n-glide for miles.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

The City of Detroit has excellent potential for Nordic touring... you could kick-n-glide for miles.
    Afterwards you'd only have to pick about a pound of rock salt out of your bases...

Mr. Manhattan... I'm surprised that you didn't comment on all the jokers from Oakland County claiming they are from Detroit. Woodward and Square Lake is a little different than Woodward and Willis. 404 represent, yo.
    Yeah, Oakland County is exactly like every other suburb in America. It is totally devoid of character and saturated with shitty chain stores and even worse theme restaurants. They are ultimately worthless and it aint Detroit.

The surrounding suburbs have nothing to do with Detroit. Just ask your elected officials in Lansing. Suburban conservatives tried to hang Jennifer Granholm in the last election for being supportive the state working to revitalize the city.

Some see the glass as half empty,
    Some see it as half full.
    I just to put it to my lips,
    And take another pull.

Preston Long

Most people want nothing do to with Detroit they just rather move out to a new condo in Novi, Livonia, or out in West Bloomfeild. Most people don't even go into the city other then for a concert or ballgame. It's stuck in this painful spot it can't generate enough business because it needs to be cleaned up.

Detroit probally has the most police killings of any state. Due to the age of the cops, most cops are under 25. Nothing worse then a young guy with a badge and a gun. Not to mention corruption everywhere. Just look at Kwilme do you really think he payed for all those strippers? No Detroiters tax money did.

Originally posted by Chase Manhattan
    Yeah, Oakland County is exactly like every other suburb in America. It is totally devoid of character and saturated with shitty chain stores and even worse theme restaurants. They are ultimately worthless and it aint Detroit.
    Jesus dude, ouch. I grew up in Oakland County and thought it was a great place to be. Sure, it is very similar to every other suburb in America, and that is not all that bad. But Oakland County does have more water than most suburbs, and I liked it.

Thank god I didn't grow up in Detroit, I'm still alive.
    French Fries!

Wink

Let us not forget that Oakland's no different than Western Wayne.

There are the yuppies and the wannabe yuppies. I honestly don't know which is worse.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Go

yes oakland county has tons of malls and tanning salons and pharmacies and other worthless stores................
    It also has a ton of great parks and trails for hiking and biking.......
    there are no mountains here but If I had to be somewhere that is flat and paved......this is the place to be..........
    we are one of the wealthiest counties in america.......our school's are some of the best in the world......there is not much crime.....we have two ski hills made out of garbage.....tons of lakes.....and potholes the size of water buffalo.....

oh......and you can still get a chili dog at just about every major intersection
    ________
    vaporizer

Wink

Don't forget about the Chaldean influence.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Go

why hasn't anyone asked what a chaldean is yet?
    most places I go ....nobody has any idea.........
    ________
    KZ900B