Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: F*UCK DELTA!!

I didn't read this thread, but next time remember that you don't need the '*'. You can just type FUCK DELTA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    So were you travelling from Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands or are you just a complete moron?
    http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ents/index.jsp
    LOL!

Just show's, when all goes to shit, it's time to read the fucking manual....

Nice!

My last trip out of puerto rico on Delta sucked. More than an hour standing in line to check in. I ended up in an argument with the agent, who proceeded to start talking about me in Spanish to her coworker. I guess she thought that I wouldn't understand, so when I started yelling at her in Spanish she was more than a little embarrased.

Did you throw the chick any attitude when this was going on? My experience with airline employees (which also goes for most service employees in general) is that if you treat them with respect and dignity, throw in a few yes sir/mam they will do anything they can to assist you, whereas if you piss and complain they just throw up their bitch shield and just chalk you up with the rest of the assholes they have to deal with on a daily basis.

I fly on a non-revenue pass and I still have been caught up in the 1 hr deadline...it sucks but it's the way it is.

went to and from slc in the last three days on delta with no problems.
    we were less than an hour in advance from reno-slc. one of our party was less than 1 hour in advance on slc-nyc. everything was smooth. my bag was right at 50lb on the way there. don't know what it was on the way back. the skycab estimated it to be under.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

We're heading to SLC last year, out of Asheville, plenty of time before the flight with a tight connection in ATL that I'm worried about. Yup no luggage/ equipment when we arrive. nor the next day, they can't even tell us where it is. After going out buying clothes, renting equipment and missing one day of skiing the luggage finally arrives and turns out it was never loaded on the plane in Asheville just sat in a room with no one wondering or caring whose it was. Why are the airlines losing money? After getting our luggage back hours before we're ready to ski, we return the merchandise (with tags) to Delta for reimbursement. I tell the agent they lucked out all they'll need to do is return everything. She looks at me smiles and says "no sir, it will all go to charity" over $400 of clothes! What a way to run an airline??

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    To those of you who are saying "Too late. Too bad," keep in mind almost every other airline on the planet will accept the bag but put a late check-in ticket on it. Thus, they won't guarantee you bag will get there when you do; but it will get there and you get to go on the plane.

Oh and listen to midget. I can't tell you how many times I've showed up with 30 minutes or less for a Southwest and they've still gotten my bags on the plane. Sometimes they haven't even hit me with the late tag. There's no reason in the world why Delta can't get a bag on the plane in 59 minutes. And even if there was, that's no excuse not to check it with a late-checkin tag. It's just plain old shitty customer service. I repeat, no other airline that I know of has a similar policy. They will check you bag no matter when you get there, they just won't guarantee it after a certain amount of time.
    Yeah sure, every other airline bends over backwards for your late shit. Well, try that little trick on Alaska an hour in advance and they'll point to their "one hour in advance" sign and flip you the bird.

At SFO, the flights to Canukistan leave from terminal 3, not the International terminal (makes sense, right?). So after literally running for about a mile with 50 lbs of gear, I gedt told by the counter bitch that I'm late. I tell her, that Canada's an international destination, and it would be nice of Alaska to put up some sign that says something other than "counter closed" in the INterational terminal.

I fly Delta weekly - get there at a reasonable time in advance and there's no problem. Quit whining / Stfu already.

Yeah, Southwest is great. They're on time because they don't do mandatory safety inspections on their planes. LOL.

DO NOT even get me started on fucking Delta

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=108262
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by bite me View Post
    Yeah sure, every other airline bends over backwards for your late shit. Well, try that little trick on Alaska an hour in advance and they'll point to their "one hour in advance" sign and flip you the bird.
    Funny, I flew with them a couple of months ago, checked in late on purpose due to weather, and everything was just fine.

Oh and as for Southwest, it's hard to diss their maintenance when they've NEVER had a major incident (aka. plane falling out of the sky). There was that one time the pilot overshot the runway in Burbank, and parked the plane at a gas station across the street; buy hey he was just refueling...
    Last edited by Arty50; 03-14-2008 at 08:28 AM.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Southwest has the best extra Luggage policy as well - they charge less than any other airline. Midget & Gunder - get some local Press Pass and you can get their media discount as well, you just have to ask for it then show them your Press ID. Works with most major carriers too.
    I too use the Skycap whenever flying Delta - the guys outside at least seem to give a fuck - of course that's because they can be tipped and the "attendants" inside cannot. Give them $5/bag and you'll be amazed how quickly those extra 5lbs get overlooked.

I'ma print out that check-in policy that Hugh posted and carry it with me. That's amazing that they are going against their stated policy - I don't give a fuck what sign is up at the airport - if their Company Policy is 45 minutes then you better take my fucking bag with 46 minutes to go.

I love Southwest. We completely missed our honeymoon flight because we were idiots and read the iternirary wrong. The counter lady got us on a flight two hours later, gave us a hotel voucher in SF because we were going to miss our connection there, and got us on a flight the next morning. She overlooked our overweight bag and called the flight attendents who gave us free drinks on the flight. I'd say they went above any expectations, especially for our screw up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by bite me View Post
    Yeah, Southwest is great. They're on time because they don't do mandatory safety inspections on their planes. LOL.
    Delta actually has killed people with shitty maintenance.
    3.2 Probable Cause
    The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the probable cause of this accident was the fracture of the left engine’s front compressor fan hub, which resulted from the failure of Delta Air Lines’ fluorescent penetrant inspection process to detect a detectable fatigue crack initiating from an area of altered microstructure that was created during the drilling process by Volvo for Pratt & Whitney and that went undetected at the time of manufacture. Contributing to the accident was the lack of sufficient redundancy in the in-service inspection program.
    Two people dead.
    3.2 Probable Cause
    The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the probable cause of this accident was the in-flight fatigue fracture and separation of a propeller blade resulting in distortion of the left engine nacelle, causing
    excessive drag, loss of wing lift, and reduced directional control of the airplane. The fracture was caused by a fatigue crack from multiple corrosion pits that were not discovered by Hamilton Standard because of inadequate and ineffective corporate inspection and repair techniques, training, documentation, and communications.
    ASA flight operated as Delta Connection, eight dead.

Safety is a really funny topic though. LOL.
    If you're a relatively moral, ethical person, there's no inherent drive to kiss ass and beg for forgiveness and promise to never do it again, which is what mostly goes on in church. -YetiMan

Southwest is hands down the best airline out there. Way too many reasons to cite for SW and against everyone else, simply because they get it. Airplanes are buses. Treat them as such instead of being all high and fucking mighty about it and you'll be successful.

The 'legacy' carriers are doomed. Their business model cannot continue to support itself and I can't wait for Delta, United, US Airways and American to buckle under their own weight.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Oh and as for Southwest, it's hard to diss their maintenance when they've NEVER had a major incident (aka. plane falling out of the sky).
    Neither had Valu-Jet.
    Quote Originally Posted by tromano View Post
    Apathy is harder for me to understand than passion.

We flew US Airways to Tortola and back last weekend (Virgin Gorda is an amazing place, btw). On the way home, after we went through customs in San Juan, we got on our flight for Boston.

The pilot comes on: "ahhhhh, yeah, they put on too much gas, we have to take some off."

An hour passes.

I start to see bags unloaded.

The pilot comes on: "ummmm, yeah, that was taking too long, so we unloaded all your baggage."

We got our bags three days later...at least we got them. I was glad it was direct to Boston, and we didn't end up stuck somewhere without any bags.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Neither had Valu-Jet.
    AirTran has operated 1.06 million flights, Delta 24.8, Southwest 15.26 million.

http://www.airsafe.com/airline.htm
    If you're a relatively moral, ethical person, there's no inherent drive to kiss ass and beg for forgiveness and promise to never do it again, which is what mostly goes on in church. -YetiMan

I think I have been spared for any really bad experiences with airlines, but I've had a couple of really good ones. I have two rules I always follow: "Always be nice if you want help" and "It never hurts to ask".

Good experience #1 (Jetblue): Long story short I was late on the bus to a flight out of Dulles with Jetblue. About 30 minutes before departure they call me from the check-in counter to see if I was still planning on making the flight. I said I was probably 10 minutes away, and they said that should be fine. 10 minutes later, as the bus is pulling into the terminal, they call me again, just to tell me they have the boarding pass waiting for me at the check-in counter. Ran in, showed ID and got my boarding pass and made the flight no problem.

Good experience #2 (Continental): Was flying Oslo-Newark-San Francisco. The flight out of Oslo was coming in late, so they knew it would depart late, meaning my connection was fucked already. They therefore checked me in on a later flight from Newark to SFO. Arriving at Newark, customs and immigration was a complete shitshow and I soon realized I would probably miss that flight as well. Ran to the gate anyway just to see the plane pulling out from the gate. Ran back to the big board with all the departures and realized my original flight was more than 2 hours late and hadn't left yet. I ran to the gate, only to see it empty with one continental employee standing there. I tell her the story about the late flight from Norway and ask if there is ANY way I can get on that flight. She makes a phone call and it seems like no, there isn't. Then I see another woman coming out from the tunnel to the airplane, and since it doesn't hurt to ask, I tell her my story and ask her as well. She calls and asks if the plane has pulled out from the gate. The plane was still there so we run down the tunnel, they open up the door to the airplane about 2 feet, just so I can squeeze in, and right before I do that it's the first time they actually check my boarding pass. Walk on baord and get an aisle seat at the emergency row with extra legroom. Got a couple of funny looks from the people in that airplane.
    Last edited by runethechamp; 03-14-2008 at 10:43 AM.
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Quote Originally Posted by runethechamp View Post
    I think I have been spared for any really bad experiences with airlines, but I have a couple of really good ones. I have two rules I always follow: "Always be nice if you want help" and "It never hurts to ask".

Good experience #1 (Jetblue): Long story short I was late on the bus to a flight out of Dulles with Jetblue. About 30 minutes before departure they call me from the check-in counter to see if I was still planning on making the flight. I said I was probably 10 minutes away, and they said that should be fine. 10 minutes later, as the bus is pulling into the terminal, they call me again, just to tell me they have the boarding pass waiting for me at the check-in counter. Ran in, showed ID and got my boarding pass and made the flight no problem.
    Ive never had anything but great service and a great flight with JetBlue.

Delta sucks
    Decisions Decisions

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    Did you throw the chick any attitude when this was going on? My experience with airline employees (which also goes for most service employees in general) is that if you treat them with respect and dignity, throw in a few yes sir/mam they will do anything they can to assist you, whereas if you piss and complain they just throw up their bitch shield and just chalk you up with the rest of the assholes they have to deal with on a daily basis.
    Quoted for utility

FYI for those of you who put clothes in your ski bag. I travel a lot with my skis. I would say 90% of the time the NTSA checks the ski bag for explosive chemical residue. On my last flight from Jackson they forgot to to zip the ski bag shut again. Back at DIA when my skis come around all my ski clothes are scattered all over the carousel. It is a miracle I did not loose anything.

Planning to use Delta miles to go to South America this summer? Well then get yourself a tube of KY Jelly now because you'll be taking it in the ass.

Hailey, ID--->Santiago, Chile=275,000 miles business class.

Did you mention that you're from New York?
    Do you by chance happen to own a large, yellowish, very flat cat?

In all fairness, I'm guessing that would be $1000+ flight in coach and you're looking at business class. They're cheap and all, but when a single domestic flight is 50,000 miles or so, thats probably not unreasonable.

I like ALaska airlines because they don't give you funny looks when you check any of the following items

-Tires on Rims
    -Fish
    -Multiple Firearms
    -Skis
    -Cases of Beer Duct Taped Together
    -Fishing Rods
    -Bikes
    -50 pound anchors

Also they always get your fish boxes on the plane if you get nothing else you get your fish. And you can check 3 bags in state. Every time I fly another airline I feel like I'm getting raped
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by 365wp View Post
    We flew US Airways to Tortola and back last weekend (Virgin Gorda is an amazing place, btw). On the way home, after we went through customs in San Juan, we got on our flight for Boston.

The pilot comes on: "ahhhhh, yeah, they put on too much gas, we have to take some off."

An hour passes.

I start to see bags unloaded.

The pilot comes on: "ummmm, yeah, that was taking too long, so we unloaded all your baggage."

We got our bags three days later...at least we got them. I was glad it was direct to Boston, and we didn't end up stuck somewhere without any bags.
    This is par for the course in the Carribean.
    Quarter of the time I fly down my bags arrive same time I do.
    The rest? Day, 2 days.... Longest 4....

Always pack a pair of board shorts and a couple tshirts in your carry on going to the Carribean.
    вы все все равно скоро сдохнете