windsurf anyone?

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of windsurfing discussion here.. as so many skiers I know love to windsurf.. i surf and windsurf, but definitely lean more in the windsurfing direction. I've done a little bit of kitesurfing as well.. but im a bit of a jong in that dept. ill be out in napeague this summer thouhg, and certainly open to travel around a bit if people are out..

I was thinking about hitting hood river in august. Wind is the steadiest during that time.
    Wrecker of dreams.

if i can get out to seattle area to visit family im definitely coming down. i would imagine its easy to find board/sail rentals down there?

Rentals in Hood River?

Big Winds is the best shop in town. Plan on camping, it is cheap and the sites are really nice.
    Wrecker of dreams.

Find Mr. Bills adventures, Andy chases the wind with a van full of top of the line stuff. Trouble with renting in town is conditions change all along the river. To really do it right, you need at least two boards and three or four sails and all the gear that goes with it.

Re: windsurf anyone?

Originally posted by snorkeldeep
    I'm a bit surprised at the lack of windsurfing discussion here...
    That's cause windsurfing has been canceled.

Wrecker of dreams.

Thumbs up

I'm a stoked windsurfer. Planning on moving full time to Hood River as soon as I find a place, PM me if you make it into town and we'll get together.

Big Winds is a great place to rent gear, they'll usually let you come in and exchange boards/sails to match whatever the day's conditions are. Definitely get a wind pager as well, plenty of times there's no wind in town but it's raging out east. Pretty cheap and will help you get the most sailing in. Good luck!