$3.75/gallon for diesel

Not how I wanted to start my morning- filled up truck at $3.75/gallon for diesel. Ouch- and it seems like no end in sight. If only a hybrid would make it through my drifted driveway!

$3.92 up in Colorado last weekend...

>$100 for a tank of gas --double ouch!!

Saw diesel for $3.99 at several stations around Seattle this morning. Two weeks ago it was $3.79. Time to raid the burger joint fryers.
    Last edited by Toadman; 03-11-2008 at 04:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Wasn't diesel cheaper then unleaded like 6 months ago?
    "She loved snow...That was the simple objective, being airborne, up longer, higher, more casually and with more fuckoff elegance than anyone else...Such endeavours require a kind of egotism, a near autistic narrowness. Everything conspires against you, the habits of physics, the impulse to flee and you're weighted down by every dollop of commonsense ever dished up. Everyone will tell you your goal is impossible, pointless, stupid, wasteful. This idiot resolve is all you have."
    -Tim Winton

Diesel in Bariloche is US$2.10 and definetly cheaper to the south and in Buenos Aires. I thought your president found some guy in a spider hole in Iraq and gas prices were going to drop?

3.89 at one place I drive by frequently.

Fuck FUCK FUCK what a shitty time to be trying to sell a diesel pickup.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

From what I have read diesel is very close to the same refining process as heating oil. So as demand for it goes up in the winter, so does the price of diesel fuel. It is over $4.00 a gallon most places around here.

Gas is approaching an all time high also, so the options are to just not drive as much, get a better fuel economy vehicle or use alternates.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    From what I have read diesel is very close to the same refining process as heating oil. So as demand for it goes up in the winter, so does the price of diesel fuel. It is over $4.00 a gallon most places around here.

Gas is approaching an all time high also, so the options are to just not drive as much, get a better fuel economy vehicle or use alternates.

I am doubly hosed. I have oil heat and drive a diesel.

I pre-purchased 1000 gallons of home heating oil for $2.59. That contract just ran out and I was whacked for $4.02 per gallon on my last delivery. They didn't notify us that we had reached the end of the contract so my wife called and told them to come and suck out the hundred gallons they just delivered.

The manager called back an hour later and dropped the price to $3.59 providing we renew our contract at that price. it's a rape but it's the best we are going to get.

Diesel here is running $4.05 a gallon, super is around $3.80.
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

Yeah, it just crossed $4.09 here. The cheapest I could find premium is $3.69 last week, the station down the street is $3.94.
    Living vicariously through myself.

gee whiz you guys have it hard. I pay $6.60. I'll bet even that's cheap for the euros....

Quote Originally Posted by addict View Post
    gee whiz you guys have it hard. I pay $6.60. I'll bet even that's cheap for the euros....
    I'll confirm that. $8,75 in Norway, and diesel is cheaper than unleaded. And that is with todays $rate. But I don't think it's too bad.

Somewhere along the line, Europe got good transit systems and we got chevy suburbans.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    Somewhere along the line, Europe got good transit systems and we got chevy suburbans.
    a huge chunk of the high price here can be directly attributed to the dollar's poor performance against other currencies.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

$4.29 here yesterday for diesel.

$4.15 in Newport, RI

wicked freakin awesome!

hyper expensive diesel (relative to gas) should really help with the cost of goods around the country and coupled with the Feds brillance help stabilize inflation and the economy.

$4.68 for unleaded here right now, with diesel actually a little more expensive at $4.83.

Heating oil was freaking high this year too - $4.15/gallon on last fill-up.

I expect to see $5.75-$6.00/gallon for unleaded here this summer.
    "If it had taken any effort I wouldn't have done it at all. I mean it. I wouldn't have done anything" - B. Kelso

Ok it is true that Diesel=Home Heating Oil, but when was the last time anyone saw the price go down by a noticable amount in the summer? Has anyone put together that you get about 20% more power from a gallon of diesel than from a gallon of gasoline. Oh not to mention that diesel is cheaper to produce than gasoline, and yet it still costs more. I can't even remember the last time that diesel was less expensive than unleaded. It really sucks that even if I got a "small" truck I would get worse mileage so would end up paying the same amount that I do now.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.